• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT15| - Equine, Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Zack Snyder wishes he could make a film like Speed Racer, or Cloud Atlas.

Disagree, that's what makes the Wachowski films interesting.

WB was impressed with Cloud Atlas, which was primarily independently financed. You can't really compare because Zack Snyder's films revolve around a zombie remake, an anime fetish film, and comic book adaptations.

You act as if people wouldn't be interested in popular comic book film off the brand alone and who it stars.

speed racer was hot, its a shame it wasnt successful

Yeah. Gonna have to disagree here. Those folks lack focus and discipline as of late..and by late, I mean a long time.

i bet the wachowskis could get supes better than snyder did

ReiGun

Zack Snyder wishes he could make a film like Speed Racer, or Cloud Atlas.
Hey I love Speed Racer, but it was a critical and commercial failure. I'm sure they were fine with Cloud Atlas because they didn't have to spend a ton of their own money on it, but that didn't do great either. And the less said about Jupiter Ascending, the better.

WB was impressed with Cloud Atlas, which was primarily independently financed. You can't really compare because Zack Snyder's films revolve around a zombie remake, an anime fetish film, and comic book adaptations.

You act as if people wouldn't be interested in popular comic book film off the brand alone and who it stars.

People would be interested in Superman based on brand alone, but if that's the case, then why get the Wachowskis? You'd just be getting better versions of Synder in that their films don't gel with the general audience these days, same as his. And even "better" depends on your perspective, since quality aside, I'm sure WB is much happier with the performance of Synder's films than the Wachowskis' recent efforts.

I thought people didn't like her in the BvS movie?

She's regularly cited as the best part of the movie. If Patty Jenkins delivers, that movie is going to rule the world.

i bet the wachowskis could get supes better than snyder did

Speed Racer convinced me they'd be better suited for Shazam than Superman.

D i Z

Waa happen?

They've cut off all access to live events for the West coast. Can't watch anything like the Beach Volleyball event that's live right now. Have to wait for them to broadcast it later when they run through all of the rebroadcast stuff that was already on today. Got swimming from 3 hours ago on right now, and no option to watch any of the other numerous events that happened at that time. And even the rebroadcast stuff is edited to get around their tastes and what they want you to watch. Can't even access what's already archived on the site. They just straight up disabled it for the entire coast. It's f'ed up. They haven't improved that much since the last Olympics, and they have all broadcasts contracted until 2028 I think. Don't mind the commercials at every break or competitor switch so much. But cutting access if going too far.

There needs to be some kid of law against sheltered people. Got semi-upset at my friend's wife because she never heard of Fiona Apple

Then rocked the first 3 albums

They don't and it's not easy when you've been in a bubble and involved in an old industries such as Hollywood or Broadway were casting white people is always the right decision.

I think Disney missed their window of opportunity to adapt to film their huge successful hit Elton John/Tim Rice musical, Aida; which has been in development for years. There was a time when Beyonce and Christina Aguilera were attached to the film.

For those unaware of the story of Aida, it's a love story set in Egypt between a Nubian, Aida, and an Egyptian. In musical theatre it's always staged with White people playing the Egyptians and Blacks playing the Nubians. Also Aida is enslaved by the Egyptians, so you have this weird slave/master romance thing going on. Don't get me wrong the musical is pretty great, but could you imagine Disney adapting it as is? LOL

The funny thing is I could still see it happen now given how blind people are in these industries.

Heh. Disney would be falling over backwards to find all these actual real life Egyptians, just so people wouldn't be blaming white people for the slavery. They'd hire Remi Malek and his entire family. Disney don't want them problems.

She's regularly cited as the best part of the movie. If Patty Jenkins delivers, that movie is going to rule the world.

Speed Racer convinced me they'd be better suited for Shazam than Superman.

If they let Patty Jenkins deliver, IMHO.

And you're right, the Wachowski sisters would rock a Shazam movie. One, the concept is more magical and four color which fits how they did Speed Racer, and two, they are perfectly suited to deal with a story about a person with body changes.

Heh. Disney would be falling over backwards to find all these actual real life Egyptians, just so people wouldn't be blaming white people for the slavery. They'd hire Remi Malek and his entire family. Disney don't want them problems.

You're probably right, but remember it's a musical. Can Remi Malek etc.. sing those big American type power ballad songs? I mean Disney wants to sell that soundtrack too. LOL Either way, I'm certain if they really wanted too, they could find some actual Egyptian actors that sing great as well.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
So i went to mcdonalds and asked for the 6 piece and a mcdouble for 2.50 deal. Had to try those new nuggets man.... anyways...

I saw inside the bag and the lady only gave me a 4 piece, and so I asked for the other 2 nuggets. I never felt more petty in my life. She gave me the stank eye like she had been annoyed at the drive thru all day. Like the words she really wanted to say was "really nigga... 2 nuggets?"

Then i felt even worse after acknowledging my mistake of going to mcdonalds in the first place.

Numb

So i went to mcdonalds and asked for the 6 piece and a mcdouble for 2.50 deal. Had to try those new nuggets man.... anyways...

I saw inside the bag and the lady only gave me a 4 piece, and so I asked for the other 2 nuggets. I never felt more petty in my life. She gave me the stank eye like she had been annoyed at the drive thru all day. Like the words she really wanted to say was "really nigga... 2 nuggets?"

Then i felt even worse after acknowledging my mistake of going to mcdonalds in the first place.
She dared keep those nuggets from you
She is in the wrong and should be fired at the least
No need to feel bad

D i Z

Bruh... You won't be ready when you see it. It's just corny as fuck.

King Shark
ate and slowly digested Yo Yo for days (while he was still alive) when he was on the squad. Poor Yo yo was begging him to be let out of his digestive tract.
Gonna take something special to top that.

Mizerman

Ha! Yeah, Disney would at least be smart about it to avoid a large amount of controversy.

Zekes!

you only got 4 nuggets? You're literally missing a third of your nuggets

I wouldn't take that shit sitting down

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost nuggets. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to slight and misplace my sauces. And mcdonalds will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

Next time you go there they gonna give you 90% ice in your drink.
any establishment that does this is clearly below health code.

cdyhybrid

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost nuggets. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to slight and misplace my sauces. And mcdonalds will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

AvxREUC.gif

any establishment that does this is clearly below health code.

whats up with that confused look they get when you tell them no ice on the coke

andthebeatgoeson

Actually she did. I asked for habanero ranch, and got regular ranch. Who will right these wrongs committed tonight!?!?
Chick fil a.

Went there twice yesterday. Got to the second one around 930 pm, in the hood. But i wasn't going to make it to the nice one before it closed. People clocking out 1/2 hour before closing, workers just standing around while a line was building up.

Asked for the sandwich with lettuce and tomatoes, cheese, Colby jack, 3 sauces and large everything. Manager made a simple mistake and gave me a medium fry. I was still in line, didn't dig around the bag, I could see the color of the fry box. Bam, simple question and he rectified with a new, fresh box of the large, did not even ask for the other fry box back. I'm sure you could get 5 sauces without a charge, just stack them at home when you buy wings from somewhere else.

Chick fil a don't trip. Look, the hood chick fil a is 100 times better than the swank suburban McDonald's. I don't fuck with McDonald's at all.

I've been to nice McDonald's and they give you attitude when they fuck up your order. We just need to let that dinosaur die. They can put a million Calvin's to work but if they don't train bruh to drop his bullshit, isn't that hate?

andthebeatgoeson

Question: have a pod cast i subscribe too but recently got a new phone and forgot to update. There is an old episode i can't access and it looks like it fell off their list of episodes. Any easy way to get at it? It's for a church and they only do back to February and the episode was in January.

So is it correct that a pod cast lists their episodes and some will clean up that list? So I'm assuming that, unless i have a direct link, it's lost in the ether?

Slayven

Why was Katana in the movie? Why was Boomerang in the movie?

You could ask the same question for a couple of other characters too
Filling out the roster
Question: have a pod cast i subscribe too but recently got a new phone and forgot to update. There is an old episode i can't access and it looks like it fell off their list of episodes. Any easy way to get at it? It's for a church and they only do back to February and the episode was in January.

So is it correct that a pod cast lists their episodes and some will clean up that list? So I'm assuming that, unless i have a direct link, it's lost in the ether?
Some podcasts do, who hosts the site, like podamatic or libsyn? sometimes you can go straight there and get it if they hadn't taken it down for some reason

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
Chick fil a.

Went there twice yesterday. Got to the second one around 930 pm, in the hood. But i wasn't going to make it to the nice one before it closed. People clocking out 1/2 hour before closing, workers just standing around while a line was building up.

Asked for the sandwich with lettuce and tomatoes, cheese, Colby jack, 3 sauces and large everything. Manager made a simple mistake and gave me a medium fry. I was still in line, didn't dig around the bag, I could see the color of the fry box. Bam, simple question and he rectified with a new, fresh box of the large, did not even ask for the other fry box back. I'm sure you could get 5 sauces without a charge, just stack them at home when you buy wings from somewhere else.

Chick fil a don't trip. Look, the hood chick fil a is 100 times better than the swank suburban McDonald's. I don't fuck with McDonald's at all.

I've been to nice McDonald's and they give you attitude when they fuck up your order. We just need to let that dinosaur die. They can put a million Calvin's to work but if they don't train bruh to drop his bullshit, isn't that hate?
too true. CFA is amazing. they dont even charge you for a cup of water if you get it with the combo. you could definitely get more sauces for free. one time i even got a free chicken sandwich coupon for them taking too long, which wasnt even that long of a wait.

if i had to choose top 3 right now.

1. cook-out
2. chick fil a
3. five guys

Yeah, I'm double posting.

Ha! Yeah, Disney would at least be smart about it to avoid a large amount of controversy.

Especially considering how much side eye they are getting right now from the Asian community for Marvel's bullshit with the Ancient One in Doctor Strange. Notice that Marvel has been giving black people a LOT of little lagniappes recently. Riri Williams as the new Iron (wo)Man, Moon Girl being the official smartest person in the Marvel Universe, etc. It almost feels like they are trying to shut up the most vocal minority and leave the Asians alone and afraid to speak up. Asians don't play like that anymore.

Slayven

My favorite version of Superman was a crazy black dude fucking the national mascot of china.

Weirdest thing ever was Mysterio trying to kill Daredevil by getting a 16 year old girl pregnant.

Only one of these happened in comics, guess the right one and get a prize.

Merc_

Folks are already getting salty over a 8/10 review for No Man's Sky. We have the potential for another The Order review thread forming here.

My favorite version of Superman was a crazy black dude fucking the national mascot of china.

Weirdest thing ever was Mysterio trying to kill Daredevil by getting a 16 year old girl pregnant.

Only one of these happened in comics, guess the right one and get a prize.

The Daredevil one sounds like something Frank Miller would do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom