• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT15| - Equine, Please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some meth addled hillbilly shot two officers this morning in Sebastian County, Arkansas, but the #bluelivesmatter & #backtheblue crowd have been quieter than church mice about it since the perp's identity was released.
billy-jones-jpg.jpg

We already knew those hashtags were racial code hiding behind a innocent catch phrase, but its nice to have evidence that confirms it.

Some meth addled hillbilly shot two officers this morning in Sebastian County, Arkansas, but the #bluelivesmatter & #backtheblue crowd have been quieter than church mice about it since the perp's identity was released.
billy-jones-jpg.jpg

We already knew those hashtags were racial code hiding behind a innocent catch phrase, but its nice to have evidence that confirms it.

Sounds to me like folks on Twitter should make it trend now..best way to make a point. Throw it in their faces. Someone should make a thread but omit his picture..watch all the "not like this" cats pop their heads up lol..

cdyhybrid

tumblr_n8h3h9G77g1rawb5do1_500.gif

Why is it always a junior who "hasn't really followed the thread or topic" that always goes to bat for the racist or wrong doer? Why are they always the advocate? Hmmmm..

post-62416-The-Wire-Wee-Bey-Brice-OMG-WTF-tm9I.gif
"I'm not familiar with the topic but < insert opinion that should only be taken seriously if person is familiar with topic >"

D i Z

Did you draw these?

Kenneth Rockafort

Who are these as well? Happy to see more black Marvel characters.

Blue Marvel, Monica Rambeau aka Spectrum, America Chavez aka Ms. America.
Three of the Ultimates.

What did she do that makes her so smart? I'm not up to date on my comics so I legit don't know.

They threw the title of Smartest Superhero at her before they had established her ever doing anything to earn it. I thought the Terrigen mists exposure would boost her already genius level IQ to that level, but apparently not. The writers promised that she was going to have to solve a series of situations/problems in the near future to give her some credibility and earn her the title. I haven't read the latest couple of issues so hopefully it's already happened.

Slayven

I like how when the Ultimates are pictured Carol is on the side or far back. That tells you all you need to know about her role on the team

D i Z

I like how when the Ultimates are pictured Carol is on the side or far back. That tells you all you need to know about her role on the team

Yeah, but she really does think she runs shit. I was trying to remember what they have her underlings calling her now in every book she appears in. Boss of space. She about to get a serious demotion though.

How you gonna hate on your driver, Slay? She people too..

lol

They really do need a cover of her driving the team around. Hat with a rear view mirror, Miss Daisy style. The reference might be dated enough that people wouldn't get it though.

Slayven

How you gonna hate on your driver, Slay? She people too..
She is genetically half kree....

Yeah, but she really does think she runs shit. I was trying to remember what they have her underlings calling her now in every book she appears in. Boss of space. She about to get a serious demotion though.

She is in charge of Alpha Flight.....Alpha Flight....who the fuck cares about an Alpha Flight?

How long has Carol been getting that big push from Marvel?

A good 5 years or so

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom