• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT15| - Equine, Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigDes

REALLY. WHEN !?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
In the last few years.

Ita not sold in the pop section though. Go to the spirits and mixers section in the supermarket. Look for those smaller cans. If they're still being sold theyre in a purpley red can

Shy

In the last few years.

Ita not sold in the pop section though. Go to the spirits and mixers section in the supermarket. Look for those smaller cans. If they're still being sold theyre in a purpley red can
Noice. Thanks for the heads up fam.

I do love my Fentimans, so it'll be interesting to see how it stacks up.

FyreWulff

I don't follow basketball much, but this clip

https://streamable.com/kp39

that is a fucking man putting all the fuel in the fire to will the game win into existence. looks like when they throw those special fuel cords into the train in back to the future 3. it looks like when you realize you can run at super speed and fly in a lucid dream.

Village

I always wondered why Capcom didn't call out the lawyer, they obviously knew something everyone else didn't.
Intell creates makes good games they man gunvolt,1 they are making 2. They made the mmzero and zx games. They are working on the new shante game, they are made mighty gunvolt which is an old school megaman game. They are also working on bloodstained

So is it just inafune?

Like I mean I was never on inafune train, he had opinions I dissagreed with in regards to japanese game design. Heck he is one of the people who campaigned for DmC before he left. But I think he could bang out a magaman game. Or at least participate in the creative process of one.

And the mm9 cartoon,and eeeeh.

And the red ash or whatever its called

On the subject of layers its different enough. Otherwise nintendo would have a lot legal issues since making games nintendo doesnt make anymore is almost a genre in itself.

I always wondered why Capcom didn't call out the lawyer, they obviously knew something everyone else didn't.

The stuff with Mighty Number 9 & Red Ash should help more people realize that Inafune has pretty much always had his priorities fucked up when it comes to games. His stink is all over a lot of Capcom's fuck ups & I wouldn't be surprised if he had a hand in fucking up Devil May Cry 2 & Dino Crisis 3 too.

I feel like MN9 would have accepted fine if they didn't bloat up their development process by throwing in non-essential modes causing several delays, shoehorn in undeserved cross-media stuff, and start up a whole new kickstarter for another "future"-franchise during the development of this.

Cleveland still won, right? Rekall didn't take that memory? Fuck u warriors. Goat game.

I woke up felling the same way.

Fuck you Klay Thompson!!! Your Jon B impersonating days are over!!!

Fuck you Draymond Green!! Your "HAAA GOT EEMM!!!" dude impersonating days are over!!!

Fuck you Steph Curry!!! Your NBA unanimous MVP impersonating days are over!!!

Fuck you Harrison Barnes!!! Your basketball player impersonating days are over!!!

Where's that Dubs stan who posts in here so I can gently place my foot on his neck?

Slayven

I feel like MN9 would have accepted fine if they didn't bloat up their development process by throwing in non-essential modes causing several delays, shoehorn in undeserved cross-media stuff, and start up a whole new kickstarter for another "future"-franchise during the development of this.

Yeah they put the cart several miles before the horse.

The Adder

Banned
cea22737a72d64e04973e0eba4869194.1000x563x1.jpg

What'd I Miss?

Johndoey

Banned
Hi.
Uh
Wait

Okay here we go
Supreme Court Turns Down Challenge to State Assault Weapons Ban

Times said:
The justices on Monday left in place a lower court ruling that upheld laws that were passed in response to another mass shooting involving a semi-automatic weapon, the elementary school attack in Newtown, Connecticut.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...r-s-firm-turned-blind-eye-to-burma-rapes.html

Jim Murphy, who became Trump’s new national political director earlier this month, was a managing partner at JLM Consulting when Trump hired him. Previously, he was a managing partner at the DCI Group lobbying firm from June 2002 until June 2012.

In 2002, when Jim Murphy was a managing partner there, the DCI Group worked for a the Burmese military government. As part of that work, it issued press releases saying the country’s military wasn’t responsible for systematically raping ethnic minority women.

Merc_

Agreed. Gameplay wise it doesn't really look any different from most of the Megaman franchise. It's just that people are still incredibly mad about the graphics and I wouldn't be surprised if some of them were still pissed about the stuff that happened with the community manager. The red ash kickstarter as well as the delays were just the icing on the cake. Now every thread about that game is doomed to be negative no matter what at this point. I can only imagine what the reviews will look like for the game.

Edit: Just saw the review thread. It's pretty much what I expected.

Kreed

Agreed. Gameplay wise it doesn't really look any different from most of the Megaman franchise. It's just that people are still incredibly mad about the graphics and I wouldn't be surprised if some of them were still pissed about the stuff that happened with the community manager. The red ash kickstarter as well as the delays were just the icing on the cake. Now every thread about that game is doomed to be negative no matter what at this point. I can only imagine what the reviews will look like for the game.

Edit: Just saw the review thread. It's pretty much what I expected.

The reviews are destroying it:

Despite how homely looking I found it, I did see potential in Mighty No. 9's gameplay ideas in the early going of its three to five-hour campaign. After all, while the idea of stealing bosses abilities isn't as ground-breaking today as it was in the 80s, it's still a pretty enjoyable concept, but sadly, none of them feel all that fun to use. Absorbing and using these powers should feel exciting, like turning on a cheat code that grants powers you shouldn’t have, but most of them wind up being borderline useless, and the level design rarely provides a context in which they can be truly useful.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/06/20/mighty-no-9-review

I mean damn. If you can't get the graphics right at LEAST make sure the Megaman clone gameplay is on point.

Zekes!

I'm not even the biggest MegaMan fan and having watched some MN9 videos gameplay wise it looks like a pale imitator.

Which it really is

Merc_

The reviews are destroying it:

I mean damn. If you can't get the graphics right at LEAST make sure the Megaman clone gameplay is on point.

Yeah, I don't get how they could drop the ball that badly. How do you fuck up cloning a franchise that you personally had a hand in creating in the first place?

Onemic

Yeah, I don't get how they could drop the ball that badly. How do you fuck up cloning a franchise that you personally had a hand in creating in the first place?

Because Inafune isnt a game developer. He didnt really create Mega Man either.

Shy

We still have Bloodstained

WE ALL STILL HAVE BLOODSTAINED
Yep.

Speaking of which, where's our demo. ?
Because Inafune isnt a game developer. He didnt really create Mega Man either.
*Exactly, it really winds me up when people call him MM's creator. (and the fact he allows himself to be as well)

(IMHO) Inafune is a con-man, always was.

*Not a dig at you Merc_

Village

While I wont stop anyone from shitting on inafune, I have been because he's the guy that was like " DmC " was a good idea.

But Iiirc, he often says he actually didn't create megaman. He takes credit for zero and fought for him, which is odd when people say they took out megaman from marvel 3 to spite inafune, when in actuality they kept in his character.

Shy

But Iiirc, he often says he actually didn't create megaman. He takes credit for zero and fought for him, which is odd when people say they took out megaman from marvel 3 to spite inafune, when in actuality they kept in his character.
Ohh. my mistake then, i apologise for accusing the man.

Zaverious

As far as I understand for much of Inafune's career at Capcom he was the lead artist for many of the classic Megaman games, and basically became the producer for the entire franchise since Megaman 8 and other Capcom games (Dead Rising, Lost Planet, Onimusha). He didn't really do gameplay design, maybe some concepts. He was probably the only one at Capcom that actually wanted Megaman games and the only one to get them made. I thought since Inti Creates was helping out Mighty No. 9. it might play well from a gameplay point, but uh... yeah.

Edit: Well he designed Soul Sacrifice, but that was pretty meh.

Malyse

Shantae is a top ten franchise for me. None of those games has been disappointing.

-----

So, conciously I've been replacing characters in books with minorities when a specific description isn't given. No more of this white as the default bullshit. It's made for some interesting reading and completely changed the tone of some interactions. This has been one of my favorite thought experiments.

Johndoey

Banned
While I wont stop anyone from shitting on inafune, I have been because he's the guy that was like " DmC " was a good idea.

DmC was great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom