• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT15| - Equine, Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
what is that. Can't watch now ={

Yeah, it's pretty shit. My AC is working overtime today.
A/C is the only invention that's worth it's spit lol

Do it usually get this hot in Cali?
during the summer in SoCal yes, in some places it'll get this hot, but today there is record breaking heat everywhere.

Ok *start fanning Eloquent with a magazine* 😆
sending virtual hug now

Village

DmC was great.

No no it really wasn't

And the only reason it was kind of fine was itsuno fixed up their game because they couldn't figure out how to do it. So i'm interested what that game even was before instuno barged in and fixed it.

The only net gain that thing had on the series was having admittedly very colorful and interesting designed levels, and the idea that dante has interact with...a world a large. Instead of magical monster castles that somehow... magically exist in modern day. Other than that, nah not really. Even with the changes that the special edition made, its still is no where as good combat wise as regular DMC especially 4, who's SE I love because virgil motivation lets go!

Zaverious

DmC was okay from when I beat it from PS+. I wouldn't mind a second one after DMC5. Combat wasn't as good as 3 and 4 but it was passable. Never tried the Vergil dlc. It looked pretty fun. The levels and environments were pretty great. Devil May Cry 5 should take that away from DmC or make the games look like horror with good level design from DMC1. DMC4 dropped the ball on that front.

Village

DmC was okay from when I beat it from PS+. I wouldn't mind a second one after DMC5. Combat wasn't as good as 3 and 4 but it was passable. Never tried the Vergil dlc. It looked pretty fun. The levels and environments were pretty great. Devil May Cry 5 should take that away from DmC or make the games look like horror with good level design from DMC1. DMC4 dropped the ball on that front.

Ninja theory should focus on environments playing roles in their games, they are pretty good at that.

Johndoey

Banned
Going to watch it again soon but Bad lieutenant: Port call of New Orleans is a masterpiece. Movie has a style that's outta sight.
--
Man Season one Lex is a great friend.

Looking back on it the show is pretty dark.

Need to dig up some of those old Smallville fan sites.

More licensed music than I remembered.

The body count on this show is surprisingly high.

Kryptonite is straight up bullshit.

Hi Tony Todd.

Episode 9 has a moment that seems like it's about to drop into Irredeemable territory. That would've been amazing.

Crocodile

-----

Twenty minutes. Cavs or GSW: Who gonna get it?

So many of these describe my childhood <3

Especially the "neither of us can find shit" and "where the fuck are the cookies?"

Agreed. Gameplay wise it doesn't really look any different from most of the Megaman franchise. It's just that people are still incredibly mad about the graphics and I wouldn't be surprised if some of them were still pissed about the stuff that happened with the community manager. The red ash kickstarter as well as the delays were just the icing on the cake. Now every thread about that game is doomed to be negative no matter what at this point. I can only imagine what the reviews will look like for the game.

Edit: Just saw the review thread. It's pretty much what I expected.

Pretty much. The game has issues but the well had been poisoned long before release. I just wish when people throw shade at the game they would stop using dumb arguments like calling the project a "scam/con" or saying "but but $4 million!" as if they have any clue how much shit costs to make.

Damn my sympathies to anyone who helped fund MN9.

Eh, whatevs. Not everything works out. I didn't give anything I couldn't afford to have fall in a ditch. That's how I approach all KS no matter how hype I am for them. Some people, even those who gave less than me, are taking shit personally though. Like "someone killed my dog" personal :p

The reviews are destroying it:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/06/20/mighty-no-9-review

I mean damn. If you can't get the graphics right at LEAST make sure the Megaman clone gameplay is on point.

Reading the reviews, it feels that some people are slamming it for things intrinsic to every Mega Man game which is weird to me. There are a lot of legit criticisms in there too though. This really should have been a slam dunk though - how'd Inafune low ball it?

As far as I understand for much of Inafune's career at Capcom he was the lead artist for many of the classic Megaman games, and basically became the producer for the entire franchise since Megaman 8 and other Capcom games (Dead Rising, Lost Planet, Onimusha). He didn't really do gameplay design, maybe some concepts. He was probably the only one at Capcom that actually wanted Megaman games and the only one to get them made. I thought since Inti Creates was helping out Mighty No. 9. it might play well from a gameplay point, but uh... yeah.

Edit: Well he designed Soul Sacrifice, but that was pretty meh.

What a producer does exactly will vary from game to game and company to company but I feel people throw out the producer bit for Inafune in a means to discredit him. The man has been an integral part of the Mega Man franchise for decades and took a more hands on approach as time went on. Not everything he touched was gold, far from it, but he has experience - if there are things you liked about past Mega Man games he certainly wasn't solely responsible but you can't take him name of the projects either. I don't know if they bit off more than they can chew ($4 million for like 1343 platforms and a ton of features isn't actually all that much money), or messed up the priorities or mismanaged the money or what. Either way, MN9 failed (well I'm still going to play it to see for myself) not because Inafune didn't have the appropriate resume or had no idea what he was doing - he just messed up. That's a thing people do.

Litan

Just watched the new GoT episode.
Goddamn! They totally delivered.
The cinematography, the music, the choreography, that little shit Ramsay getting what was coming to him.
Can't wait to see how they end the season next week.

Zaverious

So many of these describe my childhood <3

What a producer does exactly will vary from game to game and company to company but I feel people throw out the producer bit for Inafune in a means to discredit him. The man has been an integral part of the Mega Man franchise for decades and took a more hands on approach as time went on. Not everything he touched was gold, far from it, but he has experience - if there are things you liked about past Mega Man games he certainly wasn't solely responsible but you can't take him name of the projects either. I don't know if they bit off more than they can chew ($4 million for like 1343 platforms and a ton of features isn't actually all that much money), or messed up the priorities or mismanaged the money or what. Either way, MN9 failed (well I'm still going to play it to see for myself) not because Inafune didn't have the appropriate resume or had no idea what he was doing - he just messed up. That's a thing people do.

My post does sound like it's trying to discredit him, reading it again. Not really sure what the intention of it was. Just disappointed I guess. Sorry about that. Shame about the people that funded the project. This game could've led to my Not-Battle Network series, the best Mega Man series.

Trey

I don't follow basketball much, but this clip

https://streamable.com/kp39

that is a fucking man putting all the fuel in the fire to will the game win into existence. looks like when they throw those special fuel cords into the train in back to the future 3. it looks like when you realize you can run at super speed and fly in a lucid dream.

LeBron does this all the time. His chase down blocks are iconic.

ishibear

is a goddamn bear

tumblr_n9ov7pdL2u1tajjsfo1_400.gif

akira28

turn off all the lights, open all of the windows, turn on all of the fans, buy lots of ice. And buy some of those wedge shaped minute maid fruit cicles. .

Johndoey

Banned
Always glad to see people are still posting that Kamiya tweet about Inafune sans clarification. Either way it's like people forget it is a business.

andthebeatgoeson

I woke up felling the same way.

Fuck you Klay Thompson!!! Your Jon B impersonating days are over!!!

Fuck you Draymond Green!! Your "HAAA GOT EEMM!!!" dude impersonating days are over!!!

Fuck you Steph Curry!!! Your NBA unanimous MVP impersonating days are over!!!

Fuck you Harrison Barnes!!! Your basketball player impersonating days are over!!!

Where's that Dubs stan who posts in here so I can gently place my foot on his neck?
Yes, let it flow thru you.

Johndoey

Banned
I can't remember if Ultimate Spider-Man is actually good or I just liked it. Like i've read that first chunk of Ult. X-Men recently enough to know it's straight up trash.

FyreWulff

Someone vandalized my mom's mower a little while back.. cut all the cords, including the starter cord, I guess after they discovered the mower was chained down.

And of course someone calls the yard in for not being mowed. Let people BREATHE goddamnit

Slayven

Someone vandalized my mom's mower a little while back.. cut all the cords, including the starter cord, I guess after they discovered the mower was chained down.

And of course someone calls the yard in for not being mowed.
Let people BREATHE goddamnit

Always the most petty, no life having motherfuckers.

And of course someone calls the yard in for not being mowed. Let people BREATHE goddamnit

Don't worry. They going to get theirs.

RedSwirl

Oh, and did anyone else catch any subtext from that conversation where Professor X thinks human/mutant relations are good and Mystique says "they still hate & fear mutants, they're just a little nicer about it."?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom