• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT15| - Equine, Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucini

Banned
Some folks are reimagining one of my favorite childhood games. I spent years playing this game, looking for a copy when I reacquired my Turbo-Grafx, then playing it all the way through. I still run it through an emulator to this day.

This shit looks amazing. It's a remake of Wonder Boy 3 from Sega Genesis/Turbo-Grafx.
Spoiler, because large ass images.

WonderBoyTheDragonsTrap-06.png

WonderBoyTheDragonsTrap-03.png

MouseManRunning.gif

ishibear

is a goddamn bear

Johndoey

Banned
I went to the theater because I make bad decisions and needed some water.

X-Men Apocalypse is crazy uneven but it's real issue is Lawrence, you can tell she isn't at any point trying and it drags the entire movie down. Like Turner and Munn are bad in this movie but they at least seem engaged.

Isaac manages to turn out a good performance despite the fact he had nothing to work with. Peters is the highlight, tue actress playing Storm was good the little but of tume she was given to actually act. Perfect Nightcrawler. McAvoy and Fassbender are great as usual.

Jackman is sexy.

Malyse

X-Men Apocalypse is crazy uneven but it's real issue is Lawrence, you can tell she isn't at any point trying and it drags the entire movie down. Like Turner and Munn are bad in this movie but they at least seem engaged.

My issue is they cast Mr Charisma as the villain and give him one note the entire time.

PLOT TWIST: J Law wants to come back for more films.

Jennifer Lawrence said:
Fassbender and McAvoy and I were all talking. Like, ‘Will you come back?’ ‘I dunno.’ ‘I’ll come back, if you come back.’ Fox should be terrified because the deal we made was like if one of us doesn’t come back, none of us are. … I would love to come back. I love the fans and I love the character. But then you realize how important your year is, like how important three months out of your year is. I don’t know. I shouldn’t be that honest.

Singer wants a Mystique stand alone:

A recent interview with director Bryan Singer also confirms that if 20th Century Fox had its way, Lawrence would be the face of the franchise going forward.

Speaking with the Empire podcast, Singer said, “People have asked if I’d do a stand-alone [movie about Mystique]. I think she’s right. . . . She has that view of the world.” Singer’s words echo those of X-Men screenwriter Simon Kinberg, who, while doing press for 2014’s X-Men: Days of Future Past, told Entertainment Weekly, “I love what Jen Lawrence has done with Mystique, and I feel like because she is in such a crowded ensemble, there’s so much more opportunity if you were to follow her solo.”

Let's wash that taste out with some Oscar dancing with Alicia Vikander
who I love because she's fantastic

https://twitter.com/oscardances/status/736778272252387328

----

What you listening to BCT?

Every time I move I lose

DD is going to have another job keeping that list up to date.

I'm clipping posts to evernote. OT16 op just gonna be a huge wall of shame
Feenix already in twice.

D i Z

DD is going to have another job keeping that list up to date.

Quality, not quantity.
Ain't nobody got time for all of that!

Edit:

Yeah.... I'm going to need JLaw and Singer removed from the premises.
This shit needs the Zack S removal treatment with no care given to investor sensibilities and concerns.

Johndoey

Banned
The fact Issac did anything with the mess he was given is hugely impressive.

J-law returning feels likes a threat at this point.

Complaining aside movie has got some great scenes.

zeemumu

Waitin' on that kingdom Hearts hype.

Mystique felt like she was disguised as Katniss throughout Apocalypse. She had the same "I'm no martyr" attitude

Zekes!

Mystique is the worst thing about the recent X-Men movies

Them making her this "legendary" hero to mutants in Apocalypse was fucking terrible

D i Z

As long as people keep chiming in with this X-men films being some of the best out there bullshit we're never going to get anywhere. They are all terrible. Absolute mockery of what they should be. And people with terrible taste that advocate this stuff need to have a digital projection of their terrible status (in the form of a giant "got no sense" sign) hovering over their heads.

Malyse

I hope that actress playing Jubilee blows way the fuck up like J-Law did so we can make her the face of the franchise. That would amuse me to tears.

Zekes!

Some folks are reimagining one of my favorite childhood games. I spent years playing this game, looking for a copy when I reacquired my Turbo-Grafx, then playing it all the way through. I still run it through an emulator to this day.

This shit looks amazing. It's a remake of Wonder Boy 3 from Sega Genesis/Turbo-Grafx.
Spoiler, because large ass images.

WonderBoyTheDragonsTrap-06.png

WonderBoyTheDragonsTrap-03.png

MouseManRunning.gif
By the way, this looks dope as hell. My biggest gripe with these games was the short reach of your sword though. Fun games though.

blue boobies

She's blue for all of maybe 2 minutes across all three movies, they ain't really tapping that market properly

D i Z

nm to what was previously here.

Also, Stacey Dash has always been terrible. Met her once for a magazine layout and she immediately ranked as one of the top 10 people I regret sharing space with.

Aiustis

She's blue for all of maybe 2 minutes across all three movies, they ain't really tapping that market properly

Only saw the most recent one and my eyes were mostly closed.

Questionable CG aside, I liked Wolverine Origins. It probably helped that I never had a huge attachment to Deadpool.

Deadpool is funny and all but I found the movie to be too long; thought it would work better for me as a short.

Zekes!

Questionable CG aside, I liked Wolverine Origins. It probably helped that I never had a huge attachment to Deadpool.

Thinking about it, I think my favourite X-Men movie is The Wolverine. I like it a lot up until the final fight, which is wack. Also that classic Wolverine costume teaser isn't fair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom