• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT17| - Thanks, Obama

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey brothers I got a question

I was growing my hair out for a while with the intention of getting dreadlocks. I ended up having to cut it coz of a job interview.

Back when I had the hair though, I was out one night with some coworkers and excoworkers, myself and a couple of other were drunk and high as shit so I don't remember everything that night.

What I do remember, was me telling an ex coworker who was white, that I'm growing my hair out for dreads. Her reaction was something like "eh, I don't think that's such a good idea. I mean, you can't even really wash dreads."

I made eye contact with my Guyanese-black coworker friend and then looked back at her, and said "...I think that's an urban myth, actually."

She responds again by saying "No I really don't think you can wash dreads."

Then my Guyanese coworker friend finally stepped in and said "YES you can!" And then proceeded to tell her off. I don't remember the rest because I was too fucked up.

This incident also reminded me of this

It is completely ignorant though, right? To think that dreads cannot be washed? That wasn't the first time someone told me that you really can't wash them and both times they were white

If you have the hair dreads were made for (black hair or variants of it) then yea... dreads are easily washable.

Straight hair (white/Asian... etc) can't hold dreads through natural means and you either have to cut it or let it get moldy as hell

Beefy

What 2 or more consenting adults do is up to them. But It would be interesting to talk to women that fethize black men. I watched a few videos on youtube where this one woman does it, but attempts to get turn other women to the dark side. the pathology is fascinating.

I live in a city in the UK that is mainly white area and has a huge uni area, so 1000's of 18+ girls about. So I get it a damn lot.

What's your plan of escape if it turns out the boyfriend is in on it?

Had that shit before .

If you have the hair dreads were made for (black hair or variants of it) then yea... dreads are easily washable.

Straight hair (white/Asian... etc) can't hold dreads through natural means and you either have to cut it or let it get moldy as hell

i don't have hair that dreads were made for and I feel like that's when dreads look best/coolest.

D i Z

hey brothers I got a question

I was growing my hair out for a while with the intention of getting dreadlocks. I ended up having to cut it coz of a job interview.

Back when I had the hair though, I was out one night with some coworkers and excoworkers, myself and a couple of other were drunk and high as shit so I don't remember everything that night.

What I do remember, was me telling an ex coworker who was white, that I'm growing my hair out for dreads. Her reaction was something like "eh, I don't think that's such a good idea. I mean, you can't even really wash dreads."

I made eye contact with my Guyanese-black coworker friend and then looked back at her, and said "...I think that's an urban myth, actually."

She responds again by saying "No I really don't think you can wash dreads."

Then my Guyanese coworker friend finally stepped in and said "YES you can!" And then proceeded to tell her off. I don't remember the rest because I was too fucked up.

This incident also reminded me of this

It is completely ignorant though, right? To think that dreads cannot be washed? That wasn't the first time someone told me that you really can't wash them and both times they were white

People who aren't black and have straight hair have trouble keeping their dreads clumped. That's where the misconception comes from. Nasty ass white hippie dreads.
Black people with dreads wash them shits regularly and thoroughly. They're incredibly resilient to all kinds of washing.

4f4510f3dc8a65086577628ceb0db6e4.jpg

People who aren't black and have straight hair have trouble keeping their dreads clumped. That's where the misconception comes from. Nasty ass white hippie dreads.
Black people with dreads wash them shits regularly and thoroughly. They're incredibly resilient to all kinds of washing.
Unfortunately if I did it my hair would probably look closer to that than what I want.

de7865825ba4f3552e099ae58a0c14c2.jpg

D i Z

Ribs back on..praise the spaghetti monster!

Cyborg looks awful..booyah!

Today's that day? I completely forgot that they were taking another shot at making people care.

Edit: Not quite there yet I see. I guess there's a WW and a Flash promo for the promo still to come?

Edit 2: I see the Flash one now...

Beefy

Today's that day? I completely forgot that they were taking another shot at making people care.

Edit: Not quite there yet I see. I guess there's a WW and a Flash promo for the promo still to come?

Edit 2: I see the Flash one now...

Aquaman looks the only decent character.

I saw the first Transformers in the theater. I'm not making that mistake again with Power Rangers. I don't need to go see these childhood properties and watch characters talk about "happy time".

Malyse

Code won't redeem.
Okay, universe. I get it.

----

Amy Schumer as live action Barbie is stunt casting, right?
I saw the first Transformers in the theater. I'm not making that mistake again with Power Rangers. I don't need to go see these childhood properties and watch characters talk about "happy time".

But first gay superhero.

D i Z

Chipotle sold me a cold chicken bowl....

I have to wonder how they can do something like that with all the question marks they're still holding..

D i Z

Nigga you still rolling the dice?

I'm an habitual line stepper. I used a closed sidewalk during construction TWICE today.

Time mag dissing Drumph in a manner I can appreciate.

That's why you ask for the uncommon dishes at Chipotle, not whatever they already have in containers there, c'mon.

I usually hold up the line and have them make me a quesadilla and confuse the heck out of them with pricing, but I'm on emergency code monkey time today and wasn't thinking.

Beefy

Yeah fuck going to cinema to see Power Rangers. The cinema near me does the shit were all the new films are only in iMax so it costs £20 or $25 a ticket.

That's a long gap.

They're saving you from anime.

Lol. Not all anime is bad, except that freaky shit. Oh hell no.

----------------

Okay, question. If you had a one way trip to any fictional universe in existence, where would you go? This question is easy for me, Pokemon. I mean come on, it's fucking Pokemon?! What more could you want?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom