• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT18| - Ma-ma-ma-MAXIMUM! Haram Achieved

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keep being a good son. I heard good things about that spot, never been though. I prefer my kids treat me to P.T.'s, Something Fishy or The Philly Deli

Shit, I love both of those places. J Michaels got the best damn Philly cheesesteaks I ever had. And something fishy, oh hell yes. Fried shrimp with fries, coleslaw and hush puppies. Delicious. But yeah, try B'dobo's sometime, sooperkool. It really damn good and it's a buffet too. And the lunch price is always 8.49 plus tax. Just throwing that out there.

Shit, I love both of those places. J Michaels got the best damn Philly cheesesteaks I ever had. And something fishy, oh hell yes. Fried shrimp with fries, coleslaw and hush puppies. Delicious. But yeah, try B'dobo's sometime, sooperkool. It really damn good and it's a buffet too. And the lunch price is always 8.49 plus tax. Just throwing that out there.

I'll be in the Port sometime in the next few weeks for my early summer eating tour. I'll add it to my itinerary

Johndoey

Banned
Hugo is the first and greatest Dr. Strange.
--
This interrogation scene in Homefront is the silliest shit I've seen in a while. They are trying so hard to set up how "dark" and "serious" this situation is that it's laughable.

Slayven

Hugo is the first and greatest Dr. Strange.
--
This interrogation scene in Homefront is the silliest shit I've seen in a while. They are trying so hard to set up how "dark" and "serious" this situation is that it's laughable.

Wait they got a mutant clone of
Bruce Wayne

I starting to think i might have to give it a watch

Johndoey

Banned
Wait they got a mutant clone of
Bruce Wayne

I starting to think i might have to give it a watch
The Court Of Owls is making deals and counter deals and their trump card is a clone of
Bruce
that knows martial arts.

As I've been saying. Gotham is amazing.

Zaverious

Gotham is about to introduce another major villain
Ra's al Ghul portrayed by Alexander Siddig
who is involved with the court of owls in some capacity. Given what's going on right now it's going the
Batman Begins
way.

Any newish Japanese films you recommend?

Edit: Asian, Japanese, etc. i don't mind as long as it is good.

As others said, The Wailing and The Handmaiden are great. (Check the trailer for the last just in case :p)

Fawful listed some great ones as well. I always recommend The Chaser to everyone. It's by the guy who made the Wailing. I Saw The Devil is pretty good. (Has the actor from Oldboy) Bittersweet Life too.

Also i'm assuming you already saw Oldboy and maybe the other 2 movies in that trilogy.

I actually haven't kept up much with Asian cinema in the past year so not really sure what's hot right now.

LionPride

Banned
The Court Of Owls is making deals and counter deals and their trump card is a clone of
Bruce
that knows martial arts.

As I've been saying. Gotham is amazing.
See

This is what I mean when I say the show does dumb shit but it ain't entertaining. Like Clayface as Gordon was fine

akira28

Trying? There is already at least a generation's worth of PoC that are just about permanently locked into the criminal justice system.

and they're literally slaves. if you want to eat, if you want soap, if you want anything you have to pay. private prisons are insane. you have to work or your family members have to keep your debit card charged. they get 8 cents an hour.

slavery didn't go anywhere, it just found a legal loophole.

There's a huge ass line outside this mall, I'm assuming there is a concert tonight at the NorVa (small concert venue)

Yep, people waiting in this rain to see Trey Songz

and they're literally slaves. if you want to eat, if you want soap, if you want anything you have to pay. private prisons are insane. you have to work or your family members have to keep your debit card charged. they get 8 cents an hour.

slavery didn't go anywhere, it just found a legal loophole.

Yep, and now after years of being slowly reduced, they have the right pieces in place to grow again. We have fear mongering Trump and we have to be harsher Sessions backed-up with the anything for money/power yes-man Congress.

Beefy

Watch the British version it too inspiration from first or 2nd

Will do

As others said, The Wailing and The Handmaiden are great. (Check the trailer for the last just in case :p)

Fawful listed some great ones as well. I always recommend The Chaser to everyone. It's by the guy who made the Wailing. I Saw The Devil is pretty good. (Has the actor from Oldboy) Bittersweet Life too.

Also i'm assuming you already saw Oldboy and maybe the other 2 movies in that trilogy.

I actually haven't kept up much with Asian cinema in the past year so not really sure what's hot right now.

I'm the same as you, I haven't watched many Asian films in ages.

fuuuuuuuuuuck that really sucks man. that would sour my whole fucking week tbh
Yeah. Jobs are most likely going to contact me by phone and now I'm fucked if they try to call me. I don't have the email for every place I've applied to.

Did ya'll see
the black chick
in the first episode of the second season of Master of None.

How is it compared to season 1? I thought season 1 was boring outside of "Parents" and "Indians on TV" the rest of the episodes felt too white to me.

Lightning_Roller, finally finished ep 4 of tales of the borderland... that made sad, wasnt expecting that ☹️ I like this spinoff more than the main series, i hope theres another season one day.

What's this I just read on gaming side? Alien: Isolation will never get a sequel? The dev team doesn't exist anymore? It sold poorly? IGN GAVE THIS A LOW SCORE? ¡Hijole!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom