• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Bustling World - A Deep & Beautiful Chinese Themed RPG in Development

Yay or Nay?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Debut Trailer:

It looks pretty cool and involving, maybe even like a polished Kenshi given all the features shown, from farming to city and kingdom building/management rather than just an iso RPG (which might make it not my thing, lol, but still it shows ambition and depth).

There's a kickstarter campaign going on but obviously the game is quite far in development and the goal is only $80,000. The game can be had for as low as $16 (without early access, er, access) and yeah it's not just Chinese themed but also Chinese developed.

Lots of information on the page.​

Last edited:

//DEVIL//

aside from the characters all looking the same, which will make it hard to know where is the person I need to talk to, I am down >_>

aside from the characters all looking the same, which will make it hard to know where is the person I need to talk to, I am down >_>
Usually in games with this camera angle, like Diablo or Torchlight, I make out the difference of who's who by their outfit and sometimes the type of shoulderpads. Hopefully we see some more wildly different clothing variety here.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I wouldnt trust putting money into any KS campaign. If it's good, I'll buy it after it's released in full.

But going by the video, it looks slick. Stylish and clean looking visuals, and possibly easy to control(?). It doesn't look like a game that would be super complex or janky. But who knows.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
I wouldnt trust putting money into any KS campaign. If it's good, I'll buy it after it's released in full.

But going by the video, it looks slick. Stylish and clean looking visuals, and possibly easy to control(?). It doesn't look like a game that would be super complex or janky. But who knows.
Yeh, my last Kickstarter was Wasteland 2 physical tier and I regretted that. I'm sure this will be funded given the low goal and price so we'll assess it without the risk. It's so pretty though, that lantern festival with all the shadows and somehow none of the numerous NPCs collide, lol, it's clean for sure.

Gameplay's probably point & clickety click going by how it looks during the farming bits, I think the only thing that could mess it up is how combat will work for the ARPG, especially given all the advanced stuff like the party and army battles, hopefully they have a good vision and implementation.
No faces. they are dressing the same but different colors.

RPG rookie development mistake. not being racist lol.

There is reason why RPG have different character designs for the NPCs.
Twas a joke. It's not like you can see faces at that distance and art style even if they had 1000 different ones, maybe you can't even interact much with the random NPCs a la Witcher 3 and the main ones will probably be easy to tell by their outfit and/or GUI elements, outline glows, dialogue bubbles.

Last edited:
Top Bottom