• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 4 - The Floodgates Have Opened...

vixlar

What about Free Races? At last may we create a race as we like?

And that video of VVV... Good speed, but only 2 laps. I think that 2 laps is not enough with those cars.

And please please, weekly events. It seems like Rival Mode is something like that, but I want complete events with 3 or 4 races and its own restrictions.

VVV Mars VG

vixlar said:
What about Free Races? At last may we create a race as we like?

And that video of VVV... Good speed, but only 2 laps. I think that 2 laps is not enough with those cars.

And please please, weekly events. It seems like Rival Mode is something like that, but I want complete events with 3 or 4 races and its own restrictions.

I would love to do more laps, will when I unlock other modes which allow it.

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
CaramaC said:
l have my copy pre ordered with GAME, I'm hoping it ships early.
I'm remembering when FM3 came out there was a postal strike in the UK.

Hahaha that was not a good time! I ended up having to go out and buy it on the day of release.

I also hope GAME ships early.

Label said:
Hahaha that was not a good time! I ended up having to go out and buy it on the day of release.

I also hope GAME ships early.
I did the same thing, bought the regular and my LE came about 3 days later, sold the regular for £10 less then I paid :(

Diablohead said:
I did the same thing, bought the regular and my LE came about 3 days later, sold the regular for £10 less then I paid :(
QEeit.jpg

:p

The Stig

Ordered the LCE from amazon.com but for some reason release date delivery is not an option.
got this from a discussion on amazon.com:
BassTracker says:
Here is my post from another thread on this subject:
my estimated delivery date is Oct. 18th. I just got off of a chat with amazon customer support. here is what he said:
"Me:Yes but they have release day delivery on the regular version of the game. This is the more expensive limited edition which is now sold out and Im wondering why they havent added it10:43:56 AM

Kiran:I understand your concern jack, but as I explained above we will offer that only if we are sure that we will be able to get the item from our suppliers on the release date to ship it to you10:44:59 AM
Kiran:It is possible that this item will become eligible as the release date gets closer and we've confirmed our inventory. 10:45:13 AM
Me:so should I continue check? and if they offer it as date nears will I be able to change over to it?10:45:56 AM
Kiran:You will not be able to change it to the release date delivery option, but you will have an option to cancel this outstanding order and place a new one with the Release date option.10:46:47 AM

So since this item is sold out, unless they offer more of them which I heard wont happen as there are really supposed to be a limited amount of these, I wont be able to add the release day shipping.....rats. I pay more for this and get it a week later then the release date.

So for ordering the limited edition we are being punished.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
sneaky77 said:
No shit, they never even updated to release date delivery

they did. i placed an order with them on Monday (i think) with release date delivery

sneaky77

op_ivy said:
they did. i placed an order with them on Monday (i think) with release date delivery

not on the LCE, I was checking this morning

The Stig said:
Ordered the LCE from amazon.com but for some reason release date delivery is not an option.

I have always been able to just change shipping speed to release date, I am not sure if that's only a Prime thing

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
Diablohead said:

I gave my regular edition to my father.

I don't want to spend the £60 on the LE this time (why the hell is it exclusive to GAME and Gamestation grr). But I cannot cancel my pre-order... For some reason I must have the LE!

eek5

The Stig said:

It's not like there is much to the LCE anymore. I might just cancel now and get regular + season pass. :/ Waiting until the 13th is going to suck :(

Edit: nm my estimated delivery date is the 14th D:

hBrL5.png

:/

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
sneaky77 said:
not on the LCE, I was checking this morning

I have always been able to just change shipping speed to release date, I am not sure if that's only a Prime thing

yeah, sorry, i read that it was concerning the LCE as i was catching up on the thread.

Label said:
I gave my regular edition to my father.

I don't want to spend the £60 on the LE this time (why the hell is it exclusive to GAME and Gamestation grr). But I cannot cancel my pre-order... For some reason I must have the LE!
don't give in, cancel that shit! it's just some car dlc, a crown next to your leaderboard name and an art book for 60 fucking quid!

nib95

Banned
Holy ish at Fujima Kaido! Looks so fun!

Also another question, is there a wheel out there that works on PS3 and 360?

Mascot

Diablohead said:
I refuse to pay £60 for the shitty LE, will buy the regular copy when it's £30 :/

Coolshop cancelled mine ages ago. Wonder why yours took so long?

Why not buy the LE and flog the steel box and autovista book? I bet some eBay desperado would give you £20 for the pair.

Diablohead said:
don't give in, cancel that shit! it's just some car dlc, a crown next to your leaderboard name and an art book for 60 fucking quid!

I canceled the CE too, it's just not worth it. The only thing I'd like to have is the musle cars but I'm sure you'll be able to dl them

nib95 said:
Holy ish at Fujima Kaido! Looks so fun!

Also another question, is there a wheel out there that works on PS3 and 360?

The new CSR wheels do. I think the Madcatz one is multi but not sure. The GT2 does and it's awesome.

Mainly the Fanatec CSR and GT2 wheels should be what you look at for quality.

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
Diablohead said:

But the crown will make me feel important!

saladine1

flyinpiranha said:
The new CSR wheels do. I think the Madcatz one is multi but not sure. The GT2 does and it's awesome.

You also have the Porsche 911 Turbo S.

Diablohead said:

Why do you have to buy the game separately when you get LCE?

Seriously though, what do you want from LE? Obviously you don't like artbook, or special case, you also despite LE digital contents. Do you want toy model cars? a $2.00 keychain? USB stick that serve no purpose?

For $10.00 extra for LE, I am getting a 96 pages artbook, Muscle car packs, 5 LCE cars and that special BMW. To me that's better than majority of LE coming out in recent months.

Mascot said:
Coolshop cancelled mine ages ago. Wonder why yours took so long?

Why not buy the LE and flog the steel box and autovista book? I bet some eBay desperado would give you £20 for the pair.
I have the LE of 2 and 3 so buying the LE of 4 would fit in my collection, however I bought 2's for £50 at uni and 3's LE for £39.99 due to blockbuster selling it for that, otherwise I would have passed on that USB ben 2 years ago.

Car DLC doesn't interest me much, hopefully in the future we will get track dlc...

antiquegamer said:
Why do you have to buy the game separately when you get LCE?

Seriously though, what do you want from LE? Obviously you don't like artbook, or special case, you also despite LE digital contents. Do you want toy model cars? a $2.00 keychain? USB stick that serve no purpose?

For $10.00 extra for LE, I am getting a 96 pages artbook, Muscle car packs, 5 LCE cars and that special BMW. To me that's better than majority of LE coming out in recent months.
how much is the LE for you? here it's £60 when most regular games can be bought for £35, bigger hitters usually less in a deal at tesco or online.

Trojan X

Banned
I can't believe Night, Real-time weather changes (inc. rain) and more beautiful cities based tracks are not included in Forza 4 after a whole years of constant requests.

Can anyone here or from TURN 10 that can explain the reason for this?

Mascot

h3ro said:
How is starting grid position determined in F4?

Any Quali options?

Doubt it about the quali options, but I seriously hope you don't get stuck at the front of the grid all the time like you did after a few seasons in FM3. It basically turned all the races from then onwards into time trials. Hopefully its random this time.

sneaky77

Mascot said:
Doubt it about the quali options, but I seriously hope you don't get stuck at the front of the grid all the time like you did after a few seasons in FM3. It basically turned all the races from then onwards into time trials. Hopefully its random this time.

I thought it was determined by car PI, the higher you got the further up the grid you were

Xanadu

Banned
Trojan X said:
I can't believe Night, Real-time weather changes (inc. rain) and more beautiful cities based tracks are not included in Forza. Can anyone here or from TURN 10 that can explain this?
they seemed to focus on kinect stuff instead, which sucks but maybe forza 5? which i hope is on the next console or on PC ;)

sneaky77 said:
I thought it was determined by car PI, the higher you got the further up the grid you were
forza has always done a virtual qualitying lap for you based on PI yeah, it's a shame I used to love doing the 1 hot lap in gran turismo to try and quality well.

Mascot

sneaky77 said:

Mmmm.. not sure. But I started at the front pretty much all of the time after a while. Maybe it was the tuned cars I was using.

Anyway, whatever was the reason - it was dumb. Made for boring races unless I waited on the start line for a while.

nib95

Banned
flyinpiranha said:

Hmmm..GT2 and CSR are the same price. Any comparisons?

Mascot said:
Mmmm.. not sure. But I started at the front pretty much all of the time after a while. Maybe it was the tuned cars I was using.

Anyway, whatever was the reason - it was dumb. Made for boring races unless I waited on the start line for a while.
What ever car has the highest PI is in the lead. I would always start in first because I would have my car upgraded to the max for the class.

nib95 said:

GT2 has better material on the wheel itself, but the CSR turns faster.

Diablohead said:
I have the LE of 2 and 3 so buying the LE of 4 would fit in my collection, however I bought 2's for £50 at uni and 3's LE for £39.99 due to blockbuster selling it for that, otherwise I would have passed on that USB ben 2 years ago.

Car DLC doesn't interest me much, hopefully in the future we will get track dlc...

how much is the LE for you? here it's £60 when most regular games can be bought for £35, bigger hitters usually less in a deal at tesco or online.

I paid $69.99 + free delivery from Microsoft store here. Yeah, that would suck if I have to pay double the price for LE ... I mean I love LE stuff but yeah some recent $130-$150.00 LE is really crazy. I am sure in a few weeks you probably find LE for lower price like most games.

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
VVV Mars VG said:
I put the open wheel question directly to Dan, should have his repsonse up over the weekend along with a detailed explanation on the new physics.

I made a quick vid today http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BWA5H0ECqg lots more coming.

Great vid. Wow, the sense of speed in an R1 car in Forza 4 compared to 3 is just amazing. I was just slinging the R1 Peugeot reward car around today on several tracks in Forza 3 and even at ~200mph the sense of speed didn't match what's in your video.

nib95 said:

ISR did a video. He said he loved the wheel grip and the paddle shifters were improved.

I believe the base of the wheel (internals) still are the same though, I haven't seen any definitive answer on this though. But it lists the same motors and runs on the same firmware and such.

fozzy said:
I've got the LCE pre ordered from GAME and was gonna get the season pass too.

Is this not a good idea anymore?

While TWO muscle car packs is redundant they are giving you 250,000 credits sometime this month (slap in the face IMO lol) but I think overall it will be worth it.

I'll probably auction or give away to friends the extra cars.

I still think it's worth it because it's only one pack that is a "bonus" for the DLC anyway, you are still getting 6 packs. I think they threw in that bonus as something to entice people into buying the season pass.

kaskade

Are there any impressions of the Mad Catz wheel? It seems like to get the fanatec will be like 400 all in all, more than I really wanted to spend. I enjoyed playing the game with a controller but it has to be so fun with the wheel.

There's an option to play the game without the music in the full game right? I want the soundtrack to be the engine. Sounds awesome in surround.

nib95

Banned
Oh crap just saw the CSR Elite. I think I'll wait for that. Anyone want to sell me a second hand GT2 in the mean time? I have a G25 but this Microsoft wheel just doesn't cut it.

guest1321

flyinpiranha said:
While TWO muscle car packs is redundant they are giving you 250,000 credits sometime this month (slap in the face IMO lol) but I think overall it will be worth it.

I'll probably auction or give away to friends the extra cars.

I still think it's worth it because it's only one pack that is a "bonus" for the DLC anyway, you are still getting 6 packs. I think they threw in that bonus as something to entice people into buying the season pass.
The car pack doesn't mean you immediately get it in your inventory right? You still have to purchase it with credits which might make reselling it in the auction house not worth it. I have never downloaded DLC before as I got the FM3 Ultimate edition, but I had thought DLC just shows up as a purchasing option in game, not a garage item.

kaskade said:
Are there any impressions of the Mad Catz wheel? It seems like to get the fanatec will be like 400 all in all, more than I really wanted to spend. I enjoyed playing the game with a controller but it has to be so fun with the wheel.

There's an option to play the game without the music in the full game right? I want the soundtrack to be the engine. Sounds awesome in surround.
I don't think the MadCatz wheel is out yet and from what people have been saying the past few pages: The madcatz is 250 and you can get a fanatic set up for 280.

kaskade said:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

regular pedals are only $30

For $30 extra you get a superior wheel.

guest1321 said:
The car pack doesn't mean you immediately get it in your inventory right? You still have to purchase it with credits which might make reselling it in the auction house not worth it. I have never downloaded DLC before as I got the FM3 Ultimate edition, but I had thought DLC just shows up as a purchasing option in game, not a garage item.

Good point. I wonder if that's what the 250,000 credits is for lol, so you can buy them.

So basically if you have to buy them and these bonus cars aren't in your garage, it won't even matter. I wonder if it's a code in one or the other you can sell?

The LCE is looking shittier and shittier IMO.

kaskade

guest1321 said:
I don't think the MadCatz wheel is out yet and from what people have been saying the past few pages: The madcatz is 250 and you can get a fanatic set up for 280.
Oh damn, Enlighten me on how to get this setup.

My dad even liked playing the demo with the controller, so we were thinking of getting a cool little setup in the basement.

Edit: Oh is it just the standard porche pedals? I didn't notice them.

fozzy

I'm only interested in the extra cars, so would I be better off buying the regular version of the game and the season pass?

Since Forza 3 I've become quite a fan of Lance Hayes. Since I'm currently travelling, I have yet to play the demo. How are the menu tracks? Has anything been mentioned regarding a release date for the soundtrack?

Top Bottom