• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 4 - The Floodgates Have Opened...

VVV Mars VG said:
I'll be putting up a video review of the CSR within the next day or so, suffice to say it feels great on Forza 4, its the best wheel by a mile for the XB. I was never keen on the 911 wheel, it felt too big, to slow and too heavy, more like driving a bus than a race car. The new lightweight design feels better, ergonimic grips and paddle placement is nice, it's lighter and quicker to react. Button placement can be an issue but programmable options are handy, its better for Forza then F1, I still feel it's too big for F1 but playable all the same and you'll see more in the upcoming vid. :)

For now though, I'm uploading a second video, Toyota GT One on Maple Valley, then more to follow besides a look at options, wireless wheel and head tracking. Hope to record some online games this weekend too.

I also want to say I love your video and can't wait for more.

Slayer-33 said:
Dat pre-order.

Ship it early MS, you have the power to break street dates!

At least you will probably get it release day.

Forza4.jpg

I'm starting to question Amazon's "overnight" delivery mathematics.

flyinpiranha said:
At least you will probably get it release day.

Forza4.jpg

I'm starting to question Amazon's "overnight" delivery mathematics.
I'm guessing they can't/wouldn't bother updating the shipping options on a product you can no longer buy. I'd be pretty surprised if it wasn't on your doorstep on Tuesday.

OrangeOak

Are all the cockpits improved and roughly the same quality as the ones in the demo(better materials/textures,shaders and shadows) ? Are there any interiors that look worse/not as detailed?

nofi

eso76 said:
can be zoomed in with the same multiscreen trick as fm3, but can't be adjusted.

also, slightly disappointing is the fact there really is no surprise to discover in the retail version. no open wheels, no classic f1, no secret track etc. i don't know how those rumors spread.
Also looks like a lot of unique cars were moved to DLC.

Even the football 'track' is DLC. :/

Annoying about the viewpoint in the cockpit, too - needs to be much closer.

Would someone please create a list of the things that we need to do to our FM3 profile in readiness for FM4 transfer - perhaps add it to the OT.

I would like to know what cars we need, what level we need, what we can and cannot do in regards to vinyls/groups etc etc.

It would be greatly appreciated and would help to maximize the time left with FM3 and help get the best of the FM4 experience.

Please, it would be greatly appreciated.

eso76

skyfinch said:
Replay on indianapolis on G rom's site (taxigamer) looks fantastic.

hmmm..no.
Good job with capture and encoding, but blacks are crushed and there's something wrong with the way colors appear.
You'll see for yourself, but on my setup it looks A LOT better than that.
(brightness !)

eso76

OrangeOak said:
Are all the cockpits improved and roughly the same quality as the ones in the demo(better materials/textures,shaders and shadows) ? Are there any interiors that look worse/not as detailed?

All the cars i tried (several) have cockpits of the same quality as new cars.

Also i haven't seen an option to customize gloves or helmet or anything, which is strange because i am sure i've seen different gloves in some videos ? might be wrong.

SarBear

Forza Motorsport 4 |OT| Go away, we are told, and take your carbon fiber and fire-spitting V12s with you!

or

Forza Motorsport 4 |OT| A communal celebration of horsepower, torque, grip, leather, technology, and beauty.

:( (I really enjoyed that trailer)

skyfinch

eso76 said:
hmmm..no.
Good job with capture and encoding, but blacks are crushed and there's something wrong with the way colors appear.
You'll see for yourself, but on my setup it looks A LOT better than that.
(brightness !)

Talking more of the camera angles. I can't even watch 720p videos on my netbook so I'll take your word when it comes to colour.

Megasoum said:
Edit: I'm digging all the drop shadows in that screenshot btw lol

Heh, default settings for software guides I have to sometimes shoot over to clients. Makes it look like I'm putting actual effort into something lol.

Big Takeover said:
I'm guessing they can't/wouldn't bother updating the shipping options on a product you can no longer buy. I'd be pretty surprised if it wasn't on your doorstep on Tuesday.

Hope and hype rising!

OrangeOak

eso76 said:
All the cars i tried (several) have cockpits of the same quality as new cars.

Also i haven't seen an option to customize gloves or helmet or anything, which is strange because i am sure i've seen different gloves in some videos ? might be wrong.

Thanks !
I'm glad to hear it because I love playing from cockpit but it was really bad in Forza 3.

eso76

skyfinch said:
Talking more of the camera angles. I can't even watch 720p videos on my netbook so I'll take your word when it comes to colour.

oh, yes. Yes.

Tbh, there's still some floating/spinning cameras (grrr) on some of the tracks, but the quality of lighting and models is so good you'll actually be grateful you can see your cars up close this time.

shinnn said:
No. Dan said a "small" number in the under the hood article.

Can anyone with the game confirm if La Sarthe (Le Mans) has an alternate time of day?

Xanadu said:
what were t10 thinking making the f50 an autovista car? why show it off in high detail how badly modelled it is :S

Same with the Enzo. :(

I think Ferrari is definitely overrepresented in Autovista, though. A quarter of the cars available all come from Maranello, and one of them is the fucking California...

Spaceman Spiff said:
Can anyone with the game confirm if La Sarthe (Le Mans) has an alternate time of day?

Same with the Enzo. :(

I think Ferrari is definitely overrepresented in Autovista, though. A quarter of the cars available all come from Maranello, and one of them is the fucking California...
That one jumped out at me. I think I had just read Dan's comments on how they were picking the cars for Autovista, and was thinking about all the great ones they had to choose from. Then I saw the list... The California is the Mondial of the 21st century. That's about all I have to say about it's uniqueness. I hope Clarkson pans it.

skyfinch said:
Love the covered bridge!

evil_as_skeletor said:
Would someone please create a list of the things that we need to do to our FM3 profile in readiness for FM4 transfer - perhaps add it to the OT.

I would like to know what cars we need, what level we need, what we can and cannot do in regards to vinyls/groups etc etc.

It would be greatly appreciated and would help to maximize the time left with FM3 and help get the best of the FM4 experience.

Please, it would be greatly appreciated.

These cars transfer from 3 to 4:

original.aspx

Your driver level in F3 gives rewards in F4:

original.aspx

If you preordered Forza 4, follow the directions here:

http://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/preorder_incentives_program/

You will receive a unicorn RX-7 in Forza 3 (one of the cars that transfers to F4).

If you are still playing F3 can you open storefront and search for "nisgren". I got a tune up for 1000 credits, I'm trying to get the achievement. I'll do same for you if you need.

Big Takeover said:
That one jumped out at me. I think I had just read Dan's comments on how they were picking the cars for Autovista, and was thinking about all the great ones they had to choose from. Then I saw the list... The California is the Mondial of the 21st century. That about all I have to say about it's uniqueness. I hope Clarkson pans it.

He does.

Basically, the only thing it's good for is so that Ferrari can take money from wealthy hairdressers, so enthusiasts can have proper sports cars like the 458.

T Ghost

Megasoum said:
Hey, that's still better than Amazon.ca's estimate...

Edit: I'm digging all the drop shadows in that screenshot btw lol

Why don't you all just drive down the road and get the game at a store?

I live in West Florida of all places and there's at least 10 places I can get any game on launch day within a 10 minute drive radius. I sincerely do not understand why people are so stuck to ordering stuff online that you can get with a 5 minute drive.

eso76 said:
repost:

nope, it's camino, ladera, iberian, hockenheim, infineon, top gear, indianapolis, suzuka.
can't think of anything else

Lack of night racing I've long since gotten over, but not even having dawn or dusk lighting on the track that's defined, perhaps more than any other, by the changing of time?

Turn 10, I am disappoint.

Snubbers

Diablohead said:
coolshop finally cancelled my £44 LE, fuckers :(

You should have seen the pain on my face having to pre-order it for £60 from Gamestation...

The guy was proud and told me that in the LE that only they do, they even got Jeremy Clarkson to do voice overs.. (as if it isn't in every version)

I was picturing the scene in True Lies where the salesman is babbling on about the wife, and his imagination runs riot!!

Snubbers said:
You should have seen the pain on my face having to pre-order it for £60 from Gamestation...

The guy was proud and told me that in the LE that only they do, they even got Jeremy Clarkson to do voice overs.. and was bigging up everything as if it was all exclusive to them..

I was picturing the scene in True Lies where the salesman is babbling on about the wife, and his imagination runs riot!!
I refuse to pay £60 for the shitty LE, will buy the regular copy when it's £30 :/

VVV Mars VG

H3rTz DoNuT said:
Thanks mate :)

Mars keep the videos coming and we want commentary for the whole thing :D

haha ok :D

Will do my best to keep up with demand ;) we have a Radical on Fujimi Kaido, wireless wheel R1 race on Hockenheim to come, then I'll work on some menu's and other stuff. Tomorrow I should have a CSR wheel review and more racing action.

skyfinch

VVV Mars VG said:
haha ok :D

Will do my best to keep up with demand ;) we have a Radical on Fujimi Kaido, wireless wheel R1 race on Hockenheim to come, then I'll work on some menu's and other stuff. Tomorrow I should have a CSR wheel review and more racing action.

You remind me of a 7 foot tall, friendly giant.

Top Bottom