• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Division 2 |OT| Open Beta (1st-4th Mar)

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
Think I’m going to pick this up at launch now. Have been replaying the Division 1 daily missions and remember now why I put so much time in to it. I think I just burnt myself out in all honesty.

So.....Raids..... I have been reading and it says that you will be able to mathcmake when they become available. Is this true? As I do not know 7 other people who will be getting this game probably. Feel free to add me on PSN: Pieceratops

Looking forward to getting up to level 30 ASAP now :)

Think I’m going to pick this up at launch now. Have been replaying the Division 1 daily missions and remember now why I put so much time in to it. I think I just burnt myself out in all honesty.

Looking forward to getting up to level 30 ASAP now :)

This is exactly how I feel.

I played religiously the first two months and that was before so many things got added.

I started re-playing the first game again today. Man... the second game feels SO MUCH BETTER

The story and missions from the first game are so lame in comparison, holy shit!

scalman

Same here replaying d1 now im at lvl7 as was in beta and d1 is just so much easier to deal with enemies compare to new beta , in d2 enemies much smarter much more alive feel with more tactics and not so easy to shoot at same lvl as you. D2 feels just much better in all and visuals from ps4 pro on d1 to pc d2 feels so much better in all visuals maybe just not in AA where on ps4 pro on 1080p supersampled im seeing almost perfect looking AA .

Bigfroth

I loved the beta, played all weekend.went back to one and just hit 30, buying 2 day one. Like the changes and refinements.the shooting and cover are tighter especially like the change to how your stats are displayed just having and health and armor rating, no more 300k stat numbers for toughness or firepower.

Holy shit you guys. We're not ready for all that content

WE'RE NOT READY :messenger_fearful::messenger_fearful::messenger_fearful::messenger_fearful::messenger_fearful::messenger_fearful:

After all the (justified) complaints from the first game they went all out with TD2. Goddamn.

EDIT2:

It hasn't even been fully revealed!!!!

******EDIT

Endgame

Strongholds vs. Missions

Strongholds are vastly bigger, and meaner, than missions. Strongholds will be important to the plot development of the game and are extremely significant. Missions will need to be completed before attempting Strongholds. The concept of Strongholds are introduced very early on in the main campaign, but the concept becomes ramped up in the Endgame.

What happens when you hit level 30?

• During the main campaign you'll be working thru a bunch of Missions and a handful of Strongholds to get to the final Stronghold that remains locked until you reach level 30. At that point, it will be unlocked and revealed. Once that final Stronghold is completed, World Tier 1 is unlocked, Tidal Basin is revealed and the living world will completely change.
  • Previously established control points that you've captured suddenly become dynamic as the Black Tusk faction comes into play and factions are pushed into the open world. Previously established fast travel locations are no longer available and must be re-established. Most importantly, due to the influx of the Black Tusk, Specializations are introduced because "you're gonna need a bigger gun.", and you're vastly weaker in relation to the new faction.

World Tiers 1-3 Unlocked

• 3 Stronghold revealed (1 for each faction) that will have 2 invaded missions that are tied to each Stronghold.
    • After completing the first Stronghold, you'll progress to the next World Tier 2. Finishing the second will push you into World Tier 3 and finishing the last of the 3 Strongholds will push you into World Tier 4.
  • "The Snitch" & The Deck of 52 becomes active
    • 52 Named bosses, each faction matching a suit, that will award you loot and commendations for "completing the deck" and getting their cards. They won't spawn again until your deck is complete.
  • Cassie Mendoza "The Gun Runner" is revealed
    • A roaming random spawn vendor that cycles every day in a half that will have special loot/guns that scale to your world tier.

World Tier 4

• Priority Target Network - An interconnected set of 7 tiered Bounties inside of different named zones that scale in difficulty as you progress thru them (progression similar to the "hard", "challenging" & "heroic" ways that were familiar to players in TD1).
  • Bounties (this is not endgame, but was discussed after the Priority Target Network to explain how they happen)
    • During the campaign you'll meet Otis Sykes and you'll get access to bounties that you spend Target Intel to play.
    • Target Intel is garnered thru mission completion and endgame content.
  • A final Stonghold "Tidal Basin" will need to be completed to move into World Tier 5

World Tier 5

• TBD later - gotta keep you guessing and excited.

Keeping the open world "fresh"

• Interesting discussion about the logic behind the rules and modifiers to keep endgame & bounties fresh and changing. Less about being random. More about being controlled and deliberate, while allowing each experience to be unique thru the use of the modifiers.
  • A future podcast will discuss these background mechanics.

Show off your photo mode skills

• Be featured in our weekly livestream and go in the monthly draw to win The Division 2 goodies.
  • Twitter #thedivision2photos

Last edited:

Eyeron

Caved and snapped up the Gold Edition on PC. Would love to clan up with others in the Pacific time zone. Made the mistake of joining a WoW guild full of folks in the South and East Coast so it’s nearly impossible to raid with them.

Can’t wait for this game.

I'm on the East Coast, but if the GAF clan picks up steam, I may join as well.

Fwiw, I think the clan may be worthwhile for all even if East and West coasters don't necessarily play with each other.

Since we may have trouble getting to 50 anyway.

Verdanth

Guys, if I buy the season pass separately from Gold Edition, I get the same things except the 3 day early access right?

Fuck it, went with the Ultimate Edition. The first game is my most played game ever and the fun I had with it cannot be paid. So I'll support the devs getting it and whatever. Also I'll get some good shit + 3 days early access while you standard edition plebs will be just watching. =P

Fuck it, went with the Ultimate Edition. The first game is my most played game ever and the fun I had with it cannot be paid. So I'll support the devs getting it and whatever. Also I'll get some good shit + 3 days early access while you standard edition plebs will be just watching. =P

giphy.gif

Go for it all!

cormack12

Gold Member
For those of you wanting the exotics from the ubi club at launch you have to go to their facebook page and click the messenger game:

https://www.facebook.com/TheDivisionUK/

It starts an I.S.A.C game. Basically you load maps with geopoints that you walk to with your mobile device. When you are in the vicinity of them, you get a 'play echo' button. Play the echo - you need ten for all the unlocks. You can then put the unlock code in and actually play the echo in the real world using AR. You get the epic city runner set and the exotic arm patch.

For those of you wanting the exotics from the ubi club at launch you have to go to their facebook page and click the messenger game:

https://www.facebook.com/TheDivisionUK/

It starts an I.S.A.C game. Basically you load maps with geopoints that you walk to with your mobile device. When you are in the vicinity of them, you get a 'play echo' button. Play the echo - you need ten for all the unlocks. You can then put the unlock code in and actually play the echo in the real world using AR. You get the epic city runner set and the exotic arm patch.

I guess this is a UK only thing?

Holy shit you guys. We're not ready for all that content

WE'RE NOT READY :messenger_fearful::messenger_fearful::messenger_fearful::messenger_fearful::messenger_fearful::messenger_fearful:

After all the (justified) complaints from the first game they went all out with TD2. Goddamn.

EDIT2:

It hasn't even been fully revealed!!!!

******EDIT

Endgame

Strongholds vs. Missions

Strongholds are vastly bigger, and meaner, than missions. Strongholds will be important to the plot development of the game and are extremely significant. Missions will need to be completed before attempting Strongholds. The concept of Strongholds are introduced very early on in the main campaign, but the concept becomes ramped up in the Endgame.

What happens when you hit level 30?

• During the main campaign you'll be working thru a bunch of Missions and a handful of Strongholds to get to the final Stronghold that remains locked until you reach level 30. At that point, it will be unlocked and revealed. Once that final Stronghold is completed, World Tier 1 is unlocked, Tidal Basin is revealed and the living world will completely change.
  • Previously established control points that you've captured suddenly become dynamic as the Black Tusk faction comes into play and factions are pushed into the open world. Previously established fast travel locations are no longer available and must be re-established. Most importantly, due to the influx of the Black Tusk, Specializations are introduced because "you're gonna need a bigger gun.", and you're vastly weaker in relation to the new faction.

World Tiers 1-3 Unlocked

• 3 Stronghold revealed (1 for each faction) that will have 2 invaded missions that are tied to each Stronghold.
    • After completing the first Stronghold, you'll progress to the next World Tier 2. Finishing the second will push you into World Tier 3 and finishing the last of the 3 Strongholds will push you into World Tier 4.
  • "The Snitch" & The Deck of 52 becomes active
    • 52 Named bosses, each faction matching a suit, that will award you loot and commendations for "completing the deck" and getting their cards. They won't spawn again until your deck is complete.
  • Cassie Mendoza "The Gun Runner" is revealed
    • A roaming random spawn vendor that cycles every day in a half that will have special loot/guns that scale to your world tier.

World Tier 4

• Priority Target Network - An interconnected set of 7 tiered Bounties inside of different named zones that scale in difficulty as you progress thru them (progression similar to the "hard", "challenging" & "heroic" ways that were familiar to players in TD1).
  • Bounties (this is not endgame, but was discussed after the Priority Target Network to explain how they happen)
    • During the campaign you'll meet Otis Sykes and you'll get access to bounties that you spend Target Intel to play.
    • Target Intel is garnered thru mission completion and endgame content.
  • A final Stonghold "Tidal Basin" will need to be completed to move into World Tier 5

World Tier 5

• TBD later - gotta keep you guessing and excited.

Keeping the open world "fresh"

• Interesting discussion about the logic behind the rules and modifiers to keep endgame & bounties fresh and changing. Less about being random. More about being controlled and deliberate, while allowing each experience to be unique thru the use of the modifiers.
  • A future podcast will discuss these background mechanics.

Show off your photo mode skills

• Be featured in our weekly livestream and go in the monthly draw to win The Division 2 goodies.
  • Twitter #thedivision2photos
Holy shit.......they had me at endgame.

Verdanth

Sleeper? Seems like it’s primed to sell quite a bit

Well a couple of months ago the buzz surrounding the game was pratically non existing.

More and more players are starting to notice the game after the beta and the Anthem hype.

The game is not out yet, but so far Massive has done a pretty solid job in this aspect. They market things really well.

Last edited:

scalman

And game just feels great for me. For some its not and it wont no matter what devs will say. But thats fine. Means game is not for everyone or most. Its still for solo players which is best thing when all others went to full retard side

thief183

I loved this beta, damn I has so much fun that I decided to preorder, and I never preorder, the only grip I have is that I don't know any info about the anticheat, cause at first it was a big problem on the the division 1 on pc

I loved this beta, damn I has so much fun that I decided to preorder, and I never preorder, the only grip I have is that I don't know any info about the anticheat, cause at first it was a big problem on the the division 1 on pc

Massive is using Easy Anti Cheat this time around.

Pryor

Well a couple of months ago the buzz surrounding the game was pratically non existing.

More and more players are starting to notice the game after the beta and the Anthem hype.

The game is not out yet, but so far Massive has done a pretty solid job in this aspect. They market things really well.

Much respect to the job they've done so far. a Lot of people still judge the Division games based on the initial release of the game with little to no regard about the steps Massive took to improve it over the life of the game. This opinion still holds strong with a lot of people even when it comes to Div2. The fact they're seemingly overcoming this image with their marketing and their Betas is quite a big deal imo. Especially so with all the sound issues that plagued the open beta. Normally issues like that would have a massive impact on the opinion of the game however in this case it seems like the game as a whole is strong enough not to let it impact at all.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Because I enjoyed the beta (though got a little frustrated with it) I decided to give the first game a second shake. I picked up the Gold edition on PC for like $7.50 on ubi's latest sale (actually the first game I've ever bought specifically on Uplay). I'm playing it on my PC - the game is gorgeous at 3440x1440 on my RX 580 and I'm able to run at high detail with most settings cranked up.

I'm not sure if it's the ultra-wide resolution, the fact that I'm closer to the screen, the fact I have it hooked up to a freesync monitor, or if the first game is just less punishing but I'm actually doing well and not getting nearly as frustrated with this as I did in the beta for the second game on Xbox. I played for about two hours, made it to level 5, got past the opening sequence, and so far structurally it feels a lot better than the beta for 2 did.

I miss that deployable turret though :(

I planned to be a manchild this week and do nothing but play Division.

My boss had other plans. :messenger_pouting: Still trying to weasel out of it but not looking good atm.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Has there been any talk about Survival being added to this? It was easily my favorite mode in the original.

Everything I've seen seems like a massive improvement over the first one, although I do miss the snowy aesthetic :(

Has there been any talk about Survival being added to this? It was easily my favorite mode in the original.

Everything I've seen seems like a massive improvement over the first one, although I do miss the snowy aesthetic :(
The devs only said they would "love to see Survival come back". So I guess it is.

Top Bottom