• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Division 2 |OT| Open Beta (1st-4th Mar)

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Ya'll saying this is easy to solo - I think I'm just bad at shooters :( Unfortunately since it's got a lot of online components, I realize that they can't just include an "easy" mode.

I decided to pick up the Division 1 on the Xbox One X, since it got an X patch, and I'm going to give it a fair shake. It's easier for me to drop $10 on a game like this rather than $60 (or more) on the new one. Maybe if I can stick with it and improve my skills, I'll have it beat by the time the Division 2 is cheap.

Starhowl

Is anyone else unable to finish the side-mission "Department of Justice" due to not being able to interact with the last ammunition depot?

scalman

omg tried that end game mission. cool movie.. and weapons are nuts all thos robots and stuff that blowws in your face in end game is just crazy... with lots dying played that end game for 2 hrs maybe and when i reached last point game decided to crash.... ohh yh . i dont think im gonna try end game again... and its too nuts for me rly its just too much everything... thing is to find that cheater spot somewhere and shoot most guys that way ... i like playing on lower levels more ...its not so crazy and deadly

scalman

Is anyone else unable to finish the side-mission "Department of Justice" due to not being able to interact with the last ammunition depot?
you need to shoot all guys being in their area. if you go back to where you came it will bug on and no way to pass it then. just dont go back when you went to their area thats the key

Last edited:

cormack12

Gold Member
Yeah I'm sold on this. I'll try for a GAF clan first then maybe have to look for another one if not enough peeps :/ This will be my GaaS. Will we need to download the entire game if we have the beta or can they path it to full?

Ya'll saying this is easy to solo - I think I'm just bad at shooters :( Unfortunately since it's got a lot of online components, I realize that they can't just include an "easy" mode.

Definitely not easy to solo. I found the control points difficult even when at level 8. Shame you're on XBox - could have partied up on PS4

Starhowl

you need to shoot all guys being in their area. if you go back to where you came it will bug on and no way to pass it then. just dont go back when you went to their area thats the key
I shot all the guys, went back only the first attempt and realized that might've been triggering it, restarted the mission and again shot the guys, but still wasn't able to finish it. What I didn't try yet, was restarting the game in the meanwhile.

Yeah I'm sold on this. I'll try for a GAF clan first then maybe have to look for another one if not enough peeps :/ This will be my GaaS. Will we need to download the entire game if we have the beta or can they path it to full?

Definitely not easy to solo. I found the control points difficult even when at level 8. Shame you're on XBox - could have partied up on PS4

Hopefully we can get a GAF clan on PC

zeorhymer

Ya'll saying this is easy to solo....
No, this is hardly easy as solo. I was having a difficult time with all the rushers and flankers coming straight at me. The only saving grace was my turret drawing fire away from me. You can do this solo if you're in a well defended area and you won't be flanked, but damn the AI are relentless.

Stuart360

The game is more than doable solo. I have put 20 hours into both beta's solo and have only died about 5 times, and each of those 5 times was from not noticing enemies flank me and come at me from behind.
As long as you have, and use, the turret, and dont go in all 'gung ho', the game is very doable solo.

cormack12

Gold Member
No, this is hardly easy as solo. I was having a difficult time with all the rushers and flankers coming straight at me. The only saving grace was my turret drawing fire away from me. You can do this solo if you're in a well defended area and you won't be flanked, but damn the AI are relentless.

Out of interest how do you deal with the side missions and elites? I generally hide in a corridor and funnel them in, seems cheap and doesn't give you the feel of overcoming something imo

I love the AI in this game so far. I love how there's actually a difference between the Hyenas and Black Tusk.

The way they provide covering fire or react to their squad mates reloading really takes Division to the next level.

zeorhymer

Out of interest how do you deal with the side missions and elites? I generally hide in a corridor and funnel them in, seems cheap and doesn't give you the feel of overcoming something imo
Most of the time, if there's some sort of high ground with only one way like a ladder, I can defend the ladder and be able to shoot downwards. I'll have to kill the grenadiers quickly or else I'll be forced to move.

Stuart360

Most of the time, if there's some sort of high ground with only one way like a ladder, I can defend the ladder and be able to shoot downwards. I'll have to kill the grenadiers quickly or else I'll be forced to move.
Also if you're on street level, keep your distance, and keep retreating to new cover as they get closer, because they can come at you in large numbers at times.
You def need a bit of strategy solo, but its very doable.

scalman

What does killing another player gives in dark zones? I dont see point why everyone so doing that? Do you get his loot? Because when i die i dont loosr any loot. I was extracting something and was waiting in cover. Some player run to steal my thing i shot him not dead but shot he run away i finished my extraction and later got item. But that player hunted me and shot me later. I mean its laughable as i dont care i will go back to safe zone not loosing anything so whats point to shoot other player ?? Again i dont care he shot me i got back i got item he got nothing. I dont care for him and dont care to look for him.

S scalman You only drop contaminated loot (has to be extracted.)

In Division 1, that's all there was in the DZ. But for Division 2, they added regular loot as well.

Last edited:

scalman

but if i extracted it allready then he shot me but i allready got my loot in my menu . so he got nothing for shooting me. i got that item that i ectracted still but it was shit , so i just droped because i allready found purple gear ther and from extraction i just got blue... who needs blue ?
so in DZ2 when you die you drop regular loot ?
i get it that some just wants to show them shooting skills and weapons but i dont care, i just wanna play game without stupid people. thats why i choose AI any day over people

Last edited:

Alebrije

Good video

Hope this time all those variables make sense when you play on NORMAL difficulty because on D1 once you got a decent equipment hardly needed to change it.

Only when you played on HARD the wapon/ skill customization was important. Hope this time the game gives you a reason to improve weapons while playing on NORMAL.

but if i extracted it allready then he shot me but i allready got my loot in my menu . so he got nothing for shooting me. i got that item that i ectracted still but it was shit , so i just droped because i allready found purple gear ther and from extraction i just got blue... who needs blue ?
so in DZ2 when you die you drop regular loot ?
i get it that some just wants to show them shooting skills and weapons but i dont care, i just wanna play game without stupid people. thats why i choose AI any day over people

OK, so once you extract loot, you can't lose it. It's the same as dropping non-contaminated at this point.

Edit: If you're asking me why someone would shoot you without reward, some men just like to watch the world burn. :messenger_beaming:

Can't answer it. Happened in the Division. Killed with no loot.

Last edited:

cormack12

Gold Member
OK, so once you extract loot, you can't lose it. It's the same as dropping non-contaminated at this point.

Edit: If you're asking me why someone would shoot you without reward, some men just like to watch the world burn. :messenger_beaming:

Can't answer it. Happened in the Division. Killed with no loot.

Thanks for your input. I never really played DZ in TD1 because I thought there was too much risk of getting it nicked. So, if I get contaminated loot then call in an evac, is it safe once bound to the rope?

Or do I need to stay alive until the chopper leaves?

Last edited:
Thanks for your input. I never really played DZ in TD1 because I thought there was too much risk of getting it nicked. So, if I get contaminated loot then call in an evac, is it safe once bound to the rope?

Or do I need to stay alive until the chopper leaves?

It's safe once it's on the rope!

Last edited:
Game feels more alive than the first.....regular open world encounters can get you killed if you play stupid.
Side missions almost felt like main missions in the first game.

Skill is rewarded big time in this game...if you hit vitals you can kill quick but if you don’t you will have to unload on them.

I feel like in the first game pvp was end game with pve as the filler and in this game PVE is the focus with pvp being the filler.

Can’t wait.

Nydus

When I use Dolby Atmos for headphones there is no in-game sound anymore :( the free version of Windows has the same problem ><

Pryor

I love the AI in this game so far. I love how there's actually a difference between the Hyenas and Black Tusk.

The way they provide covering fire or react to their squad mates reloading really takes Division to the next level.

I saw that too. One NPC shouted something like Cover me I'm going to flank. A second NPC confirmed then popped out of his cover and unloaded everything and all I could do is watch his buddy instantly flank and kill me. The first game was all about the small details and I am glad that is carrying over to the second game.

scalman

Love how those who fight with are actually helping and killing enemy or at least taking their atention so you can flank them. Npc's shout lots frazes there too with what they look more real like " this is bad cover position...changing position" i like that they not soldiers like in first game mostly and dressed normal clothes.
I was shocked when i saw one npc alone standing by tree its said relaxing near him ... And he was playing harmonika there...some cool tune. Never saw that before. I did hang there with him for some time relaxing as well. They though of some cool moments and details there not just shooting. Wish they put lots more those in full game. I really repect npc's this time how they behave and such... Thats what i miss in most other games there.

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
I was shocked when i saw one npc alone standing by tree its said relaxing near him ... And he was playing harmonika there...some cool tune. Never saw that before. I did hang there with him for some time relaxing as well.
My brother and I took pictures by harmonica man. I thought that was probably the coolest moment I had in the beta.
k1mrtqvjuiz6v030.jpg

Last edited:

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
Well, that's a wrap for me. I didn't expect to get an extra day since the description said "until March 4th 1am PT, but it looks like they meant the 5th at 1am PT. I put about 12hrs into it, and of that about 4hrs into co-op. Spent today rampaging around the DZ, people were being crazy just helping and not giving a fuck. About 6 of us got in a circle and started clapping together. lol.

This is where I ended up with my gear. I tried to use the "view player" but it was being glitchy and only showing primary and secondary weapons as the same:
naevqfxtybj2q7nn.jpg

It's disconcerting that after 4 days the sound was still going haywire. I won't buy until that shit is fixed. Otherwise, I had a really fun time and I'll be co-op'ing most of the time with my brother causing pandemonium in the DZ.

Last edited:

scalman

So was there purple weapons? I manage to get 4 purple gear just random some in dz some bought in main game they had that purple bagpack. But never saw purple weapon.

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
So was there purple weapons?
Yes I remember having at least 1 it was a *edit* "smg 9" aka kg-99/tech 9. I'm a pothead and new to the division, so I'm not sure on the name. Anyway, yes there were purple weapon drops. Pulled from the dz iirc.

Last edited:

scalman

what you think about end game mission ? done it ? i almost done it with tons tons respawn because dying so fast. its kinda too much for me, too many things that coming to kill you . i changed my weapons to assault rifle and heavy riflke instead what they gave me, so i was more at my style of playing. but still its too crazy.
end game gear with crossbow
TVco3HN.jpg

Last edited:
I completed the endgame mission once in the private beta in a duo, and that was pretty tough. Never tried to solo it.

In the open beta, I matchmade into a group of four, and it went pretty fast. I didn't try it on the harder difficulty, though.

Hows the customization in the full game guys? Like as in helmets, face masks, armor sets ect..

There wasn't much in the beta in terms of cosmetics, so hard to say. But you could look at the customization screen, and all that stuff is in there.

Yeah. Private Beta was better in terms of sound. But I had no Atmos back then.

Btw can we delete the client now?

Pretty sure you can since Division 2 is showing as a separate program in the Uplay client.

scalman

End game solo is prety crazy hard. Using some cheating finding cover places where enemies cant touch you and then shoot from there. Still lots of work shoot all drones and the Evasing bombs that flies to you. But in lots lots tries managed go to last area with helicopter and game crashed on me. Lucky me.

scalman

got zero glitches , and none sound problem as others here said. so have no idea what problems are. as previous AC games all people shouting about glitches and i saw none of them.

Pryor

I enjoyed the endgame stuff but you're all right it was very hard and chaotic. The thing I tried to remember though is this wasn't my character. It wasn't built by me for me. I'm very confident that when we level our own chars and get to that point in the main release this content will feel a lot better. Not because it's easier but because we will have intimate knowledge of both our characters and the state of the game.

Top Bottom