• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The DVD Everyone should be buying tomorrow...

Status
Not open for further replies.

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window
B0002DB52M.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

respect

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
pnjtony said:
is that the movie where she makes out with the 10 year old in the bath tub?
No, that's Birth, and it hasn't been released yet in theaters.

Dead

well not really...yet
shaolin soccer..on dvd... in america???!!

is it the original version or the chopped up US version ive heard about?

DeadStar said:
shaolin soccer..on dvd... in america???!!

is it the original version or the chopped up US version ive heard about?
Yup! That's not the cover art, though (you can find that HERE). It has both the uncut original version and MiramAXE edit.

Paradox

Ill give that dogville a rent... Never even heard of it. And Im going to wait a couple weeks for Futurama V4.

As for buying:
B00005JMX6.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Dead

well not really...yet
Paradox said:
Ill give that dogville a rent... Never even heard of it.

As for buying:
thats the worst fucking cover ever.

when you have elisha cuthbert as the star of the movie you shouldnt fucking cover her body with a brown strip, wtf were they thinking?

bjork

We got that Wolf's Rain and Texhnolyze last week, and Shaolin Soccer on Friday or Saturday.

We also got the Inuyasha Season 1 boxset that's not supposed to be out until Sept 14 or something. Go us!

Jumpman

Celicar said:
so does that chick show her tits in the girl next door unrated version?

might be worth renting

Elisha Cuthbert said in some interview that she didn't do any nude seens for "The Girl Next Door," so I don't expect this "unrated" version will change that.

I really hate how a lot of movies are releasing "unrated" versions of movies as some kind of low class marketing tool. They know the movie sucks, so they slap the good ol' "unrated" tag on the case and market it like every one's getting naked. Then you watch the movie and all they did was add some scenes that were deleted because they sucked, not because they had explicit content.

Does anyone know what was added to the "unrated" version of Eurotrip?

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window
RobotChant said:
Dogville was awesome but what is on the DVD?

Commentary with Lars von Trier and the Anthony Dod Mantle (cinematographer), probably the same track from the region 2 disc. afaik thats it.

ChrisReid

Celicar said:
so does that chick show her tits in the girl next door unrated version?

might be worth renting

Nope. DVD-R's been floating around since last month. There's nudity, but no nude Cuthbert. Always beware the Unrated Edition. Freakin Eurotrip Unrated got the exclusive "30 naked dudes at the beach" scene (and that's about it).

Prospero

I'm picking up Futurama season 4. And I didn't know about the Purple Rain re-release until now, but a widescreen two-disc edition of that is a must-buy (even though DVD Verdict's review complains about the sound quality).

Heh--Warner Bros. is releasing Under the Cherry Moon and Graffiti Bridge as well. I can't see paying more than $9.99 each for those.

tedtropy

$50/hour, but no kissing on the lips and colors must be pre-separated

Meh, why buy it when all the good bits from it have already found their way onto the Internet...

Celicar

Banned
the girl next door was actually a pretty good movie. reminded me a lot of risky business, which is a classic 80's film. it's not all about nudity.

Only new release for me this week is:
Wolf's Rain volume 2 -- Blood and Flowers

I did, however, pick up these two previously viewed films at Blockbuster for $20:
Triplets of Belleville
The Station Agent

Paradox

Regarding the brown unrated thing on the cover... its just a slip on, you can take it off and it shows Elisha in full :)
t46348v8c23.jpg

Shaolin Soccer is a measly $12.99 at Circuit City so probably the same in all similiar stores. Oh and The OC Season One set is out on October 24th I think.

xsarien

daedsiluap
So I took a quick trip to Virgin today, and they had a single copy of the Criterion edition of Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas sitting in a corner.

Shaolin will have to wait, this and my purchase of Futurama tonight will hold me over very well.

BojTrek

Banned
I picked up the following:

B00005JLEW.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

and

B0002B15J2.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Now I just need Seasons 2, 4, and 5 of Angel and Season 7 of Buffy...

Eventually, Star Trek: The Next Generation DVD's and Deep Space Nine DVD's

AeroGod said:
"unrated" DVDs have to be some of the best marketing of our generation. Those sons of bitches.

No shit. Some of the stupidest things ever. Except that I hear The Girl Next Door has a ton of different/better supplements on it than the regular version, in addition to the 9 minutes of extra film in the movie.

I bought the Charlie's Angels 2 Unrated (because it's the only one that's widescreen), and I think they added like 43 seconds to the movie. Worthless.

Paradox

Does it hurt you guys? I say let them do it... At least most of them are releasing it first instead of a year after a rated version. If thats how they gotta make money then whatever.

SKluck

Banned
You can get away with adding 1 second to the movie, not showing anything or doing anything, and bill it "Unrated" if you don't submit it to be rated, its completely ridiculous. That's why I always want to know what exactly was added to these so called 'unrated' versions before I buy them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom