• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Choose what game I buy tomorrow (out of these three)

What game should I buy tomorrow?

• Resident Evil 4 Remake

Votes: 241 60.9%
  • Assassin’s Creed Mirage

Votes: 25 6.3%
  • Robocop Rogue City

Votes: 130 32.8%

• Total voters

GymWolf

i haven't but ive watched enough footage to know how the game plays and i also know the developers pedigree of making fairly average games.

it seems fine for like a weekend. I doubt AC Mirage is anything but a good a AC game at it's core, i haven' t played it because much like you it's not doing anything special, but if I was a brand new gamer and of those 3 games which would be worse i'd imagine robocop would take the crown.

robocop is what it is, a budget AA action game with more style than much else and theres nothing wrong with that. I just wouldn't call it a great or amazing game, seems decent enough for what it's trying to do.
As opposed to ubisoft making...fairly average games with bigger budgets?

And how is Ac mirage more substance than style? The combat is terrible and from what i read, the writing and plot is worse than valhalla that was already dogshit tier...and the stealth has the same old mechanics of ac1 basically.

Yeah agree to disagree, i don't think recent ac games are an inherent mark of quality in any way, shape or form just because they are AAA and made by a famous dev.

StueyDuck

As opposed to ubisoft making...fairly average games with bigger budgets?

And how is Ac mirage more substance than style? The combat is terrible and from what i read, the writing and plot is worse than valhalla that was already dogshit tier...and the stealth has the same old mechanics of ac1 basically.

Yeah agree to disagree, i don't think recent ac games are an inherent mark of quality in any way, shape or form just because they are AAA and made by a famous dev.
I'm not saying AC is anything special, it is a budget title from them also and isn't a full price release, it's a formula ubisoft have been successfully doing for years, I can't imagine it being any worse than any AC before it but I don't imagine it being much better either.

It's like how I don't really love street fighter but I can tell you street fighter 6 is a great game and is probably better than your average AA fighting game.

If we were comparing robocop to say another AA title then maybe I'd pick it over the other. Like say the Texas chainsaw massacre game

Last edited:

GymWolf

I'm not saying AC is anything special, it is a budget title from them also and isn't a full price release, it's a formula ubisoft have been successfully doing for years, I can't imagine it being any worse than any AC before it but I don't imagine it being much better either.

It's like how I don't really love street fighter but I can tell you street fighter 6 is a great game and is probably better than your average AA brawlers.

If we were comparing robocop to say another AA title then maybe I'd pick it over the other. Like say the Texas chainsaw massacre game
But street fighter has much higher level gameplay than ubisoft ever had so that is a reality.
But ac gameplay as always been average at best, so not sure how refining average put them in an higher spot jist because they made 30+ games...

You should really play robo when it gets cheaper.

StueyDuck

But street fighter has much higher level gameplay than ubisoft ever had so that is a reality.
But ac gameplay as always been average at best, so not sure how refining average put them in an higher spot jist because they made 30+ games...

You should really play robo when it gets cheaper.
It's gonna hit a gamepass or ps premium eventually. And I will play it probably, depending what's around it.

GymWolf

Dude, your authentic enthusiasm for the game has convinced me to get it next time I have money and it is on sale.
If you like the idea of magic spell based super acrobatic infamous with fun fast paced traversal that require inputs (so no inf3 neon run) the game is nice for 20-30 euros.

You just have to deal with the lame plot and sometimes eyerolling writing and terrible sidecontent (that manly exist for the endgame with a full powered character).

Don't expect anything more than good combat\traversal wrapped into mediocrity and you are gonna enjoy it for what it is.

Some people who shat on this one think that ac valhalla was a masterpiece and halo infinite was elected gaf goty...so take gaf trolling some games with a grain of salt.

Last edited:
Buy Resident Evil 4 Remake. Assassins Creed should go down to 20-30.00 in less than a year and Robocop is a cool IP(which I do like), but based on gameplay videos, IMO it's not worth a purchase at full price.

Pick the underdog. RE4R is a remake. Assassin's Creed is Assassin's Creed.

Robocop is a new AA game like they made them in the older days by people who are passionate about the movies. Show the gaming industry that they should be making passion projects like these instead of AAA microtransactions-ridden fests.

Last edited:

Robocop is a new AA game like they made them in the older days by people who are passionate about the movies. Show the gaming industry that they should be making passion projects like these instead of AAA microtransactions-ridden fests.
This. It dares to do something different (like, give the whole AAA industry the metal finger) and they fucking nailed it.
No Store or Extras menu entry

Just Game, Options, Credits
Clean and simple.

And it looks awesome! 1 of the best looking games for me.

Eiknarf

Go Robo!!!!! PLEASE support the devs. Its the only game in years that I binged and cant wait to start my second playthrough.
I just tried to get Robo and a pre-owned RE4. But the first GameStop I went to were sold out of Robo and had no used RE4 or Mirage yet.

The first Best Buy I tried didn’t have any of the three on my list.

Onto the next Gamsestop. But these losers don’t open until 11am. To me, that’s mad late. Open at 10 like the first one I hit up!! Why should these dunces get to start an extra hour later but still close at the same time??

Eiknarf

I definitely tried. Gonna try one more time when this next GameStop opens at 11.

I just tried to get Robo and a pre-owned RE4. But the first GameStop I went to were sold out of Robo and had no used RE4 or Mirage yet.

The first Best Buy I tried didn’t have any of the three on my list.

Onto the next Gamsestop. But these losers don’t open until 11am. To me, that’s mad late. Open at 10 like the first one I hit up!! Why should these dunces get to start an extra hour later but still close at the same time??
I wont be surprised if Robocop ends up being the surprise of the year.

Yes it's THAT good! Get it any way you can. Kill a kitten for it if you have to.

Eiknarf

because 99.9% of reviewers were not even born in the 80's.
But a good game is a good game, right? Great gunplay and combat is great gunplay and combat.

Young reviewers liked Alien Isolation, and Alien was a film from the late 70s.

Is it only nostalgia that makes the Robocop game good?

nush

But a good game is a good game, right? Great gunplay and combat is great gunplay and combat.

Young reviewers liked Alien Isolation, and Alien was a film from the late 70s.

Is it only nostalgia that makes the Robocop game good?

I predicted you'd use Alien Isolation as an example. AI has a somewhat unique mechanic and uses the license well. Robocop really could only be an FPS so it will be judged with it's peers. However it's a perfect use of the license within that context. the target audience of Robocop isn't the FPS market and the reviewers are judging it on that metric, so there's the 70% scores.

poodaddy

Dude, your authentic enthusiasm for the game has convinced me to get it next time I have money and it is on sale.
Confused The Rock GIF by NBC

Eiknarf

I voted assassins creed, but really, id have voted Alan wake 2 if it was an option.
I have AW2. I played 19 hours of that. Didn’t love it. Didn’t hate it. Was unique, but I wanna PLAY the game when I hold a game controller in my hand, not constantly read storyboards and have to figure out which realm I need to be in to progress

Eiknarf

Resi 4 and Robocop are good you can ignore Mirage.
I tried in four brick and mortar stores to buy Robocop. No one had it. So one GameStop had one pre-owned RE4 Remake. So I went with that

But I’m definitely playing Robocop next. I will keep looking at brick and mortar stores, and if I can’t find one, I’ll order a physical copy through Amazon

Eiknarf

Thanks everybody for the voting and participating! Truly appreciated!

I ended up getting Resident Evil 4 Remake and I’m installing it now.

I tried to find a Robocop, but they’re sold out everywhere because they “only ordered two or three copies” (that’s what they all said)

mdkirby

I have AW2. I played 19 hours of that. Didn’t love it. Didn’t hate it. Was unique, but I wanna PLAY the game when I hold a game controller in my hand, not constantly read storyboards and have to figure out which realm I need to be in to progress
Ahh fair, its grabbed me quite a bit, but I like my narrative games. I had been playing star field, but its really been tough to get into that, its just not been gripping me, and has on a number of occasions actually put me to sleep, and many many occasions failed to keep my attention from just playing with my phone instead. Maybe it improves, but currently, whatever magic Bethesda captured with ES and Fallout is feeling kinda missing in starfield.

Eiknarf

Ahh fair, its grabbed me quite a bit, but I like my narrative games. I had been playing star field, but its really been tough to get into that, its just not been gripping me, and has on a number of occasions actually put me to sleep, and many many occasions failed to keep my attention from just playing with my phone instead. Maybe it improves, but currently, whatever magic Bethesda captured with ES and Fallout is feeling kinda missing in starfield.
I’m now playing Resident Evil 4 Remake and I’m liking it more than Alan Wake 2.
The thing is, I loved Alan Wake more at the start, but the longer I played, the less love I had and I just became indifferent. Alan Wake 2 is a great game, just not for me. To me it was decent.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
I’m now playing Resident Evil 4 Remake and I’m liking it more than Alan Wake 2.
The thing is, I loved Alan Wake more at the start, but the longer I played, the less love I had and I just became indifferent. Alan Wake 2 is a great game, just not for me. To me it was decent.
Exactly same Here. I loved AW1 and Loved AW2 at the start but less near the end.
RE4 remake was amazing all the way through.
It's also way shorter so you can replay it on different difficulty levels, challanges or do trophies

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Thanks everybody for the voting and participating! Truly appreciated!

I ended up getting Resident Evil 4 Remake and I’m installing it now.

I tried to find a Robocop, but they’re sold out everywhere because they “only ordered two or three copies” (that’s what they all said)
Did you get the DLC because that’s a huge part of the game I don’t recommend skipping.

Eiknarf

Exactly same Here. I loved AW1 and Loved AW2 at the start but less near the end.
RE4 remake was amazing all the way through.
It's also way shorter so you can replay it on different difficulty levels, challanges or do trophies
It’s all about the fun factor. If I’m having fun, it’s a great game. That “thing” or “things” in a game that ya have to do over and over has to be fun, or I don’t want the game. I was no longer having fun after 20 hours of AW2.
But I’m having a blast with this Resident Evil 4 Remake… and I just KNOW I’m gonna have a blast with Robocop - Can’t wait

Skelterz

All this games will price drop Black Friday even robo cop believe me buy something that won’t budge like Zelda or something.

Hemingwayoffbase

Gold Member
Buy Robocop to support the smaller dev.

Your purchase matters way more to them and this team is on an upward trajectory that could mean awesome games in the near future if they don’t fold before they can realize their full potential.

Top Bottom