• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The E3 2006 Meetup Thread - Now with bar meet-up details!!

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
I'm currently at a PC in the press conference room if anyone wants to wave their hand :lol

Teddman

Wellington said:
What's the plan for tonight biatches?! Everyone headed to the Cabo?
THE CORONA CANTINA, NOT CABO!

Don't want you thinking everyone pulled a Folder now. :) And I'll be there around 10ish.

One more time for review:

Corona's Cantina
8210 Sunset Blvd
West Hollywood, CA 90069
8PM - ???

Teddman

Well, fortunately it turned out to be another good time at the Cabo Cantina, which I think is now the official perrenial GA/RA/OA meetup bar. Only this year without Folder's open bar hoax. :D

Hi, I scheduled the meetup for a bar that's now out of business.
cabo2k6_01.jpg

I had originally scheduled the meet for the Corona Cantina, down the street from last year's Folder-chosen Cabo Cantina... Well, WTF to my surprise, the shithole had closed down since I last drove by it two months ago. I had sent everybody to what was now appropriately titled The Wet Lounge in its place--and contrary to the sign, it was closed. Shit.

So we decided to hit the Cabo Cantina two blocks down the street, just in case folks had migrated to familliar turf.

cabo2k6_02.jpg

Luckily, they had. WHEW.

cabo2k6_03.jpg

Here's Wellington's younger bro, myself, BuddyC, Wellington, and Link/Westley Crusher.

cabo2k6_04.jpg

Zondaro.net wastes no time chugging down the cerveza. My friend Aimgamegirl and Link at left.

cabo2k6_05.jpg

Fishie up in the house with the gang!

cabo2k6_06.jpg

Aimgamegirl and Zondaro enjoying that Westside Cabo ambiance.

cabo2k6_07.jpg

Many drinks later, a destitute Fishie had to resort to tabledancing for money to support his powerful thirst for alcohol. Yes, he kept the dollar bill... Would you have wanted it back?

cabo2k6_08.jpg

GA's El Papa (w/ sunglasses) and his girlfriend (behind me) joined us later on.

cabo2k6_09.jpg

As we stagger out onto the Sunset Strip for some fresh air, Fishie fully feeling the effects of his dozen-plus drinks. I think he had a flashback to a bad childhood experience in Tijuana.

cabo2k6_11.jpg

One last pic before last call!

cabo2k6_12.jpg

Yep, it took all three of us to hold Fishie up on the way to the valet.

I also have a couple funny video clips that I'll try to upload tomorrow...

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
:lol @ Fishie!

Honestly, did all of that stay down? If so, your ass can really drink.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
you people need to stop having the show meetup so early. damned if i'm braving traffic to get there by noon. i guess i'll catch the end of it.

crunker99

I was at the 12 noon meetup today and it was pretty cool i meet a few guys. Did not see too many people there though, no GAF staff

polg

crunker99 said:
I was at the 12 noon meetup today and it was pretty cool i meet a few guys. Did not see too many people there though, no GAF staff

I completely forgot :(

I was waggling the wii wand all day... can we schedule another one for tomorrow or fri?

Teddman

e3meetup2k6_1.jpg

History was made when *** and Che encountered each other in the media hospitality suite for the first time since the infamous Saturn game fiasco.

e3meetup2k6_2.jpg

Group of random gaffers including Demi, DavidDayton, Wellington's brother, and Efralope.

e3meetup2k6_3.jpg

The whole posse.

e3meetup2k6_4.jpg

Che offers *** roughly what his Saturn games are worth nowadays.

e3meetup2k6_5.jpg

Fishie proves he was actually able to shake off his hangover by lunch!

e3meetup2k6_6.jpg

Demi joins up for a OA'ers-only pic.

I missed the meetup due to arriving late at the convention centre but I have meet 2 guys from Gaf one from IGN and then miuriy " I think he spells his name like that"

very nice guys

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
:lol I'm in the picture. I just came over for a second, jumped in, and had to run off somewhere.

Anyone make it to the GameStop party last night?

Alcibiades

WOOPS!

that first one isn't supposed to be there, I copy/pasted a link to a generic photo and then just changed the numbers at the end, but I guess I kept the generic one there... that's me playing Wii Orchestra btw...

Matlock

Banned
e3meetup2k6_3.jpg

oh man, it's hard to keep track of you fuckers this year. so many new faces!

ones I recognize, from left to right:

m3wthr33, tekunorobby, demi, buddyc, wellington, wellington's brother, link, alcibaldes, che, miguel, teddman, ***, kobun heat

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
Bottom right is Cesar (Community Manager for MS), he fucking rocks!

The tall guy in the organge shirt is Rick, my good friend and classmate.

Vark

I'm in the back somewhere looking retarded.

Was nice to put some more faces to the nick's on here. Hopefully I'll run into some of ya'll again before the shows over.

Gazunta

I'd love to catch up with you guys again during the show on Friday. My plan for tomorrow is to hit some more of the Nintendo booth, then check out the Xbox stuff and maybe Kentia if there's time :)

Dilbert

I just got back from a bar in downtown L.A. where I threw back many drinks with some damn cool GAFfers. Hopefully someone else posts pictures, since I didn't bring a camera. :(

Dilbert

Teddman said:
OMG, we got drunk again tonight.
Heh, you must have just gotten home too.

Sorry for running off, but the panhandling was getting a little silly. Thanks for getting the barely vertical members of the party home. :)

Teddman

-jinx- said:
Heh, you must have just gotten home too.

Sorry for running off, but the panhandling was getting a little silly. Thanks for getting the barely vertical members of the party home. :)
Dude, you don't know how hard it was to prop those fools up. I don't blame you from getting away from the homeless throngs... It was like Dead Rising up in there. :lol Last call outside a bar for panhandlers is like blood in the water for sharks!

Teddman

Well, many of the same posse from Cabo got together again tonight at the Broadway Bar in downtown L.A. I went to a Sony dinner and got there late after having dropped off Fishie... Just missed Wellington and his crew who had left already. GA's WasabiKing was still there for a short time and while not pictured took some of these pics.

broadwaybar1.jpg

~jinx~ up in the house!?! This one gives you a better idea of what the lighting was like in there.

broadwaybar2.jpg

At around this point, aimgamegirl would not stop buying people drinks.
:wtf , she came back from the bar with one more drink than we had people!

broadwaybar4.jpg

The evening ended not long after this, when we got pushed out of the bar after 2AM and were immediately swarmed by the waiting homeless denizens of downtown L.A. They were lined up for the opportunity to panhandle and sell flowers to drunk folks like Nintendo fans waiting to see some Wii.

Btw, one of the people in these pictures proclaimed this the "drunkest they've ever been," and I had the challenge of assisting two of them in staying upright on the way back to the hotel, while fending off a persistant army of hobos. Not an easy way to end a night of revelry!

I think we're going out again tomorrow night... :D

polg

yo guys I missed all these...
I'm wearing a PURPLE :p Nintendo t-shirt, that says "batistuta 9" on the back...

if you see me... yell believe... I'd like to meet a couple of you...

Vark

Teddman said:
I think we're going out again tomorrow night... :D

Hey, if ya'll do something gimme a call. Buddy should have my mobile (its on my card). I'm in town until Saturday Evening.

BuddyC

Hey guys,

I dropped my phone and cracked the screen on the way back to my hotel today, so if I promised you I'd call you back, well, I can't access my phone book anymore :(

Probably just gonna take it easy and chill at the hotel tonight. But if anyone wants to stop by, I'm at the Radisson Wilshire. Shoot me a PM and I'll give you my number (I can still receive calls).

Top Bottom