• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The E3 2006 Meetup Thread - Now with bar meet-up details!!

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
someone drop me a gaf pm if there's some kind of gaf drinking meetup downtown or in hollywood. i'll be in the area, i always miss the e3 meetups, and i swear i've only met like two of you.

Link

The Autumn Wind
Teddman said:
Btw, one of the people in these pictures proclaimed this the "drunkest they've ever been,"
I blame Carol. Good lord, that girl just wouldn't stop buying drinks!

Sorry for bailing last night, but we had to be up at 5am to catch our early morning flights home. I don't think I could have taken another night like that anyway.

Miguel

:lol

I think I barely caught my flight back to Houston. As soon as I got in, it took no more than 10 minutes to take off. :D

Yeah Triumph, the 4th Molina was up at e3 rather than following in the Molina brothers tradition of playing in the MLB.

If I forget who I met, sorry, I probably didn't recognize you or something...

Met:
Wellington
Link
Golduck
hi_im_j
WasabiKing
BuddyC
DJ Demon J
eXxy
DavidDayton
-jinx-
saw Che, Teddman & ***, don't think I ever spoke with them.

Everyone else, you're not important enough to remember
kidding, I just have a terrible memory.

There needs to be a bigger OT Sports Whores turnout next year (I MEAN YOU DM and FMT!), Wellington and I had to hold down the fort with Madden.

Dilbert

It was nice to meet some folks for the first time this week -- I hadn't met Miguel, hi_im_j, or some of the non-GAFfers until this year.

Last night was fun, but I'm feeling the lag of closing down two bars in two days. We had a spirited couple of games of pool, but none of us are in any danger of becoming pool hustlers anytime soon.

Glad everyone got home safely!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I apologize for leaving early on Thursday... but I had popped some meds a few hours before we all met up and let's just say, they did NOT mix well with the alcohol. My innards were mush the next day. I was holding back vomit and the threat of passing out.

Jinx, cool as always. He's one guy that for some reason I always feel "gets" where I am coming from. I am upset I didn't get to chill more with Wasabiking. Just goes to show that scamming your way into E3 and having shit to do is better than being a legit dude over there.

Hi_im_j is uploading pics now, here is a preview:

49b052f5.jpg

Thanks to:
Wellington for being the best bf in the world. :)
Golduck for being such great company throughout the event.
Miguel for being a sexy biznitch.
Wasabiking, BuddyC and Jinx for being the shyznawt. I wish I could have spoken more with you guys.
Link for being a clean hotelmate.

My first E3 was very nice and mellow thanks to you and the crazy downtown LA bums.

My personal best moment was when I was dry humped by Gilbert...
1d0cbe6d.jpg

and when I saved Goldducks a$$ from losing on DDR after picking Afronova Remix on Oni Mode by mistake. (click the link bellow for the video)

And now... GAF Meetup pics:

Bar Meetup on Tuesday - Corona where?:
gafbartue10.jpg

gafbartue3.jpg

gafbartue5.jpg

gafbartue4.jpg

gafbartue7.jpg

gafbartue9.jpg

gafbartue1.jpg

Meetup on Wednesday - most GAFers are ubber shy:
gafmeetup3.jpg

gafmeetup2.jpg

gafmeetup1.jpg

Dinner with Wasabiking on Thursday - food is pretty:

gafdinner.jpg

Bar Meetup on Thursday - (we left way too early for me to make up any subtitle):
gafbarthurs.jpg

I have tons of pictures from E3 itself and maybe 3 or 4 extras from the meetups. If you are interested in taking a look, just PM or IM me for the read-only password to my photobucket.

Link

The Autumn Wind
I actually slept almost the entire time, so it was nice and fast.

Glad you made your flight. I was worried about you when I was still standing in the security check line at 6:50.

Miguel said:

How'd the flights go? Long and boring? :p

:lol :lol :lol
<3s to you Link... you party animal, you... :lol

Our flights were alright. Sweedish people started bugging Golduck to play Mariokart against them.

Miguel and Wellington remind me of this:

0783226926.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Miguel

:(

Link: Yeah, I cut it pretty close. Although, had I paid attention, I would have seen that I could have just dropped my bag off since I already had my boarding pass. :/

Link

The Autumn Wind
Dead to me, j, dead to me. (I might be kidding.)

Seriously, though, I'd like to thank Wellington, hi_im_j, Golduck, Miguel, BuddyC, Teddman, WasabiKing, jinx, Carol, Fishie, eXxy, the 1up Crew, anyone else I'm forgetting at the moment, and plenty of Jack and Cokes for making this the best E3 ever.

The show was ok too, I guess.

El Papa

Thanks to LA traffic and alcohol, I missed the GAF meetup at the convention center and I'm dissapointed about that. I did get to hang with some GAFfers at the Carona, I mean Cabo though. BuddyC, Teddman, Wellington, Link, Fishie, you're all cool guys. I saw a few guys that remained at the CC meetup, Arne and StrikerObi, and I was able to catch Wellington as he was writting up some Madden Wii imperssions in the Media Center and Link. I apologize if I forgot anyone, I met so many people and had just an assault on my senses this year. Here's to next year at a bar that actually exists! :p

Oh yeah, Wellington's girl, thanks for your pics!

arne

I made the meetup, but kind of late. I still managed to meet a bunch of everybody who was there, I just happened to miss out on the group pics. I did get outed in one pic though.

100_0785.JPG

I'm glad some of you guys also made it to the Weds. night party too. I've already forgotten just about everybody I met beyond Vark and Tekunorobby (who I met again), BuddyC, Kobun Heat, I saw Teddman but didn't get a chance to talk to him, Demi, Gazunta, m3wthr33 and I apologize for whomever else I'm forgetting now.

I also met Kobold, who actually recognized me from my avatar as he was waiting for an appointment at the MS booth. crazy.

Shouta

Link said:

Sorry for bailing last night, but we had to be up at 5am to catch our early morning flights home. I don't think I could have taken another night like that anyway.

Did everyone in the room get drunk? Sheesh. The one year I don't go and you guys all get plastered horribly. Am I the drunken stupor inhibitor or something. :lol

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
I didn't know who half of you were and I sure didn't want to walk around going "so what's your GAF name?" I grabbed a whole bunch of lunches for you bastards and I got no thanks!

Teddman

Link said:

Yeah, you guys had quite a few right before last call... The classic moment was when she came back with five drinks for four people though! :lol
-jinx- said:
It was nice to meet some folks for the first time this week -- I hadn't met Miguel, hi_im_j, or some of the non-GAFfers until this year.

Last night was fun, but I'm feeling the lag of closing down two bars in two days. We had a spirited couple of games of pool, but none of us are in any danger of becoming pool hustlers anytime soon.

Glad everyone got home safely!
Dude, last night was simultaneously the most bumbling pool session and most competitive I've ever had. Three games that came down to the wire, one with everyone trying to sink the 8 ball for like fifteen minutes. But finally O-pa and I got our revenge in the last game. You gotta give me props on that double bank 8-ball sinker in the corner pocket FTW there at the end! :D

Dilbert

Teddman said:
You gotta give me props on that double bank 8-ball sinker in the corner pocket FTW there at the end! :D
That WAS a clutch way to end the game...and just in time, too, since they were about to kick us out. Good times. :)

I meet

Phantomile.co
Reno
Miyiru" sorry if i spelled your name wrong"

Santo" most awesome dude ever and thanks for all your help man,your in my cool book for life!"

chriscree
and then there was this other dude that came up to me but I never got your name.

I think I also saw BuddyChrist from far away but I dont think he saw me.

arne

robertsan21 said:
I meet

Phantomile.co

I forgot!

Phantomile tried to get into the MS press conference with one of his bullshit business cards! I don't know how he got past our nice PR ladies, I warned them to look out for him! :lol I put him on the waiting list though, he was cool though. haha.

Matlock

Banned
arne said:
Phantomile tried to get into the MS press conference with one of his bullshit business cards! I don't know how he got past our nice PR ladies, I warned them to look out for him! :lol I put him on the waiting list though, he was cool though. haha.

Nightfraud rocks for all the wrong reasons.

Teddman

The Fishie video from the Cabo Cantina meet-up is now on YouTube for your easy viewing enjoyment:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8Pe16W1Sbk

And here are a few bonus pics from that legendary night:

cabo2k6_15.jpg

How Fishie managed to keep his balance on a barstool at this point, I'll never know.

cabo2k6_13.jpg

Fishie, BuddyC, hi_im_j, Link, AIMGameGirl, Zondaro, Wellington and his bro

cabo2k6_10.jpg

AIMGameGirl and Fishie share a drunken moment

cabo2k6_14.jpg

El Papa and BuddyC heatedly discuss GA forum politics in the background

cabo2k6_16.jpg

Things are starting to get blurry near last call.

Link

The Autumn Wind
Teddman said:
cabo2k6_14.jpg

El Papa and BuddyC heatedly discuss GA forum politics in the background
Haha, I look like pure evil in that shot. There are so many pictures of me that were taken at just the wrong time. I need to pay more attention to when cameras are going off next year.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Oooh, I look terrible in most of those pics :p

It was cool meeting you guys, met Wellington and his g/f, BuddyC, CrisKre (and later ran into him at the Wii section), Gazunta, DavidDayton, TekunoRobby, m3wthr33, Arne, Che, El_Papa, BuzzJive, Kobun Heat, Agent Dormer, and some more...

Didn't get to go to the Cabo meetup... my friends and I were looking around for the Corona Cantina, we found out it closed and had no access to a computer to get an update on the meetup. We went to the Wet Lounge early (like about 8:45) but nobody was there, we just went to Miyagi's to eat and went back to the hotel after that.

I whent to a Cabo bar this week here in LA its next to The Q bar.

might be the same place as where you had your party!

Phantomile please post the photos that you took at E3 and Chriscree please post the photo that you took aswell!
thanks guys

element

sadly i didn't see vark at E3. But I did see technorobby again but couldn't remember his name :( and I did meet Arne as well.
I saw a bunch of people, but thought it would be kinda strange. 'hey ive seen you on GAF, who are you...'

oh i did see Gazunta and talked to him for a minute, and che as well at the rosevelt after the press conference.

the meet needs to happen on the second freaking day. I can never remember about the meet, and always too busy.

BuzzJive

It's different now that I can picture some of you guys as I read your posts. Wish we'd stuck around and chatted a bit more, but I guess that's what the forums are for. Nice meeting you guys.

I'm the guy in the red hat (go Miami Heat!) in case people are looking to label the pics for later use...

Vark

element said:
sadly i didn't see vark at E3. But I did see technorobby again but couldn't remember his name :( and I did meet Arne as well.
I saw a bunch of people, but thought it would be kinda strange. 'hey ive seen you on GAF, who are you...'

oh i did see Gazunta and talked to him for a minute, and che as well at the rosevelt after the press conference.

the meet needs to happen on the second freaking day. I can never remember about the meet, and always too busy.

Yea I was hopin' i'd run into you (kept running into Gazunta) but no luck.

GDC's so much better for actually having conversations.

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
i finally met demi and he looked nothing like nick frost.

disappointment-ton.

El Papa

Link said:
Haha, I look like pure evil in that shot. There are so many pictures of me that were taken at just the wrong time. I need to pay more attention to when cameras are going off next year.
You know what time it is, dontcha? DONTCHA?

link_rapetime.jpg

arne

demi said:
It was hot in there, I had to take off the suit. Maybe next year?

demiroyalty4dx3lg.jpg

If not the suit, why not at least the pipe, ascot and smoking jacket? Seriously, I figured that was going to be the #1 way to recognize you.

demi

arne said:
If not the suit, why not at least the pipe, ascot and smoking jacket? Seriously, I figured that was going to be the #1 way to recognize you.

When you're a famous celebrity, it's usually best to go incognito. Luckily, I was able to don the disguise of a nubile young boy. I think it worked. But don't tell anyone, ok?

arne

demi said:
When you're a famous celebrity, it's usually best to go incognito. Luckily, I was able to don the disguise of a nubile young boy. I think it worked. But don't tell anyone, ok?

Too late, oldschoolpinball told Andy Dick. watch out!

Top Bottom