• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Fall Guy - Official Trailer Ryan Gosling, Emily Blunt

Alcibiades

Just saw it in a regular IMAX screen. Loved it for the most part - the action, the characters, and the humor were all great.

Main issue it has I think is runtime. Felt like this could have been a 90 minute film. Almost every action scene could have been cut in half and had twice the impact.

Also I enjoyed the meta perspective but I wonder if that's getting old for audiences.

daffyduck

Well as for the modern theme song:

Kyle Mooney Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

jason10mm

Gold Member
Taking the wife to see this tomorrow. First real "date night" type film we've gone to in quite some time. Hope we see more of this stuff, they are rarely very good (Lost City, Argylle, etc) but they can keep trying and maybe we'll get another Romancing the Stone every now and again.

Jaybe

Saw this Thursday on IMAX and enjoyed it a lot. Smart funny bits and some good action. If you liked Bullet train, I think you’ll like this. Soundtrack was solid. maybe the meta could’ve been toned down a bit and could have been tighter.

daffyduck

The running time and meta seemed OK to me. 🤷‍♂️

As for the theme, in the context of the movie, I'm warming to it.

jason10mm

Gold Member
I liked this quite a lot. The RIDICULOUS use of stuntwork for everything was great, seeing so many practical stunts was awesome. Sooooo many movie/camera jokes with the overuse of mirrored sunglasses, the whole split screen bit, the super tight cutaway editing followed by really languid long shots, the music cues and sound effects, it's all just so good. Those gunshots rolling across the water while the Miami vice theme plays...fucking chefs kiss.

I wonder if it's coincidence or deliberate that the movie in the movie is such a parody of Snyders Rebel Moon. And hey, this director knows how to measure out slo-mo!

Hot5pur

The best part of this movie was their generous use of KISS in the soundtrack.
Movie itself is decent, had it's slow parts, Emily and Ryan are beautiful people, which carries alot of this movie haha...

jason10mm

Gold Member
They played that trailer before the film in my theater.

And how the hell is Lee Majors looking better than Heather Thomas??? Damn she looked like bad wax mannequin.

Top Bottom