• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Gray Man - Trailer (Ryan Gosling, Chris Evans)

JCK75

It was a poor man's John Wick, but not really a bad thing..
it had a lot of issues but at the end of the day I found it enteraining and worth a watch..
would absolutely watch a sequel.

It was ok. A lot of John Wick vibes which has been said before. It's sad, but I don't think Chris Evans is very good outside of his Captain America character.

Last edited:

Konnor

I was surprised to see the Russo Brothers directed this, the action was so inconsistent and messy, they were often spamming jump cuts, you couldn't see shit at times Transformers-style, there was a weird shitty filter, the CGI sucked, everything about the direction was shit. The set pieces, the ideas for the action and the choreography were very good but the way it was shot was so bad, what the fuck even happened there?

Overall the movie is watchable but it's so ridiculously inconsistent, it's like half the people hired for it were serious professionals and the other half mouthbreathing morons.

Last edited:

Dr.Morris79

Gold Member
I like Goslin, I like most of his films, I liked Blade Runner, I love La La Land, I dont care what anyone says..

But this looks pure cheese on toast.

AJUMP23

Gold Member
It was a poor man's John Wick, but not really a bad thing..
it had a lot of issues but at the end of the day I found it enteraining and worth a watch..
would absolutely watch a sequel.
It had a bigger budget than John Wick.

daveonezero

Banned
It was pretty good but dang it really fell off at the end. Didn't really go anywhere.

I understood it was a bit over the top once I saw the train scene but the assault on the compound was not good.

pramod

Banned
I tried to watch this but lost interest after the third horribly messy action sequence.

And havent we seen this plot a hundred times before? Its basically a Bourne ripoff

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
I was surprised to see the Russo Brothers directed this, the action was so inconsistent and messy, they were often spamming jump cuts, you couldn't see shit at times Transformers-style, there was a weird shitty filter, the CGI sucked, everything about the direction was shit. The set pieces, the ideas for the action and the choreography were very good but the way it was shot was so bad, what the fuck even happened there?

Overall the movie is watchable but it's so ridiculously inconsistent, it's like half the people hired for it were serious professionals and the other half mouthbreathing morons.
Yeah it's honestly hard to say if they really are total pros at directing action, there are so many fingers in the pie at Marvel movies.

Otherwise they were comedy directors before they got hired there lol

daveonezero

Banned
I'm halfway through this movie, just wanna drop by and say JESUS CHRIST the scene where Gosling washes himself. The dude is insanely ripped, holy shit.

That's amazing.

Movie is great so far.
They do steroids in Hollywood. I thought the same thing

MastaKiiLA

Yeah it's honestly hard to say if they really are total pros at directing action, there are so many fingers in the pie at Marvel movies.

Otherwise they were comedy directors before they got hired there lol
It would be incredibly fluky to make 4 of the best films in the MCU. If the studio played that large a role in the success visually/critically of those films, then there would've been a lot more consistency throughout the infinity saga than we saw.

Top Bottom