• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The hype around Starfield is massive, and growing.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
I was trying to keep my expectations in check, but now.......

I'm beyond hyped. Exploration is what I love most about BGS games. I love exploring and discovering new locations that I didn't find on my first play through. Starfield takes this aspect and ramps it up 100%.

Yeah, writing is good, mature and combined with shockingly good voice acting... well, you won't be skipping it, I can tell you that much.

That's reassuring, I won't need to skip it 😂

It became a legit issue in DOS2 for me, where it affected a lot of role playing, lot of choices lost impact due to it.

20cent

Banned
I'm excited to play it.. if/when I'm done with BG3.

However I'd dont have any shares of that company nor need peer's approval to play a game, so I don't really care.

Robb

Gold Member
Starfield takes this aspect and ramps it up 100%.
Let’s hope so, they definitely seem confident in it. Feels like they’ve shown less than 1% of the game up to this point, hopefully it’s because they just don’t want to spoil anything.

Hype or no hype, as long as it has this:
411FF02D315748423CB94D2A29EAD100A7B15A91

I will be content.

Last edited:

MMaRsu

Banned
I think most people are incredibly suspicious on the chances they will put out an actually good game.

But why? This studios last game was Fallout 4, not their best game which they have admitted. They didnt develop F76 and all their previous games have been huge. Fallout 3, Skyrim, Oblivion

supernova8

Banned
even when choosing not interested they still come back

i looked the trailer for a tv show and instantly i got video spoiling everything
on twitter i keept getting shill post from jez corden and krobville and all those shills and it was impossible to make them go away until i blocked them
Only upside to Twitter is that Florian blocked me a while back haha

Bojanglez

The Amiga Brotherhood
Lots of random threads appearing like this make me question if it is true hype yet.

I have noticed mentions of the game increase recently (on Twitter/X), lots of people excited because they can download it and do nothing with it for weeks (apart from reviewers I guess). Hype will be real once the reviews start to drop (y)

Vox Machina

Banned
Honestly this game is going to disappoint a shit load of people, especially considering that 90% of the planets have fuck all but materials

What's disappointing about that? Those are the planets you set up bases on.

Is it? Seems it's mostly from Phil's army of Promotors on the usual channels. Barely anyone seems to be talking about it. Cybertrash had more hype than this.

Xbox is desperate for this to be a hit.

Thread is so weird. Starfield somehow simultaneously has no marketing yet Xbox is desperate for it to be a hit.

Y'all need to link up and get your story straight!

Last edited:

[Sigma]

I noticed some hype but I don't think "massive" has been what i've been seeing.......in my bubble:). Up til now at least.

Last edited:

TrueGrime

Honestly this game is going to disappoint a shit load of people, especially considering that 90% of the planets have fuck all but materials

How is this even relevant when whatever the community deems missing or needs changing or needs adding or needs tweaking or needs creating will be filled with mods for both PC and console. This is why there's nothing this game can't give you that the community won't think of for the entire life of the game.

Thread is so weird. Starfield somehow simultaneously has no marketing yet Xbox is desperate for it to be a hit.

When I say Xbox I mean Xbox fans. For example on this forum the game is portrayed as the second coming. If it wasn't an Xbox exclusive and was multiplat like originally intended, it wouldn't be pushed as much. Or these silly starfield avatars.

BbMajor7th

Gold Member
Honestly, I think reviews will make or break this one. If comes in 90+ and the press is really enthusiastic, the hype will probably ramp up significantly. If it falls in the 80s it will still do great, but the 'must-play' factor won't be so compelling and people will hold off for sales and patches.

Vox Machina

Banned
When I say Xbox I mean Xbox fans. For example on this forum the game is portrayed as the second coming. If it wasn't an Xbox exclusive and was multiplat like originally intended, it wouldn't be pushed as much. Or these silly starfield avatars.

Bro it's a giant sci-fi space RPG by the dev that made Skyrim/Oblivion/Morrowind. There was always going to be a shitload of interest in it. If it wasn't Console Exclusive to Xbox the hype would be universal. If anything the console exclusivity seems to be just bringing out the warriors who either concern troll about marketing or try to use the Xbox BG3 situation as some sort of weird cudgel against the game.

Kikorin

I'm planning to subscribe to Gamepass again just for it, I just have to understand if my PC is powerful enough to play it decently.

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
Perception is a funny thing.

I see more people disparaging Starfield than being enthusiastic about it here.

I think if it was multiplatform, people would be universally getting excited about it, it's a shame that some will miss out.

TrueGrime

You're bothered because Xbox fans are excited about a console exclusive and avatars supporting their excitement? Is excitement and game avatars a new thing in this forum?

Ozriel

M$FT
> talking about multiplatform gamers being busy with recent releases like Baldur's Gate 3

The only platform where people are ‘EATING’ with BG3 is PC. And on that platform, people are still wishlisting and preordering Starfield like crazy.

So the talk about hype being an ‘Xbox only’ thing makes zero sense.
> you bring up someone who is playing fucking Halo Infinite right as we speak

Starfield is unreleased. How is he supposed to be playing and streaming it ?

Ozriel

M$FT

Ozriel

M$FT

It’s a major RPG from Bethesda, their biggest game ever and their first new RPG IP in a long while, with a ‘space’ theme that appeals to a lot of people.
People have had it at #1 on wishlists on Steam for the past couple of months and you imagine it’s only drawing interest from people shackled to Xbox consoles?

I remember people being hyped even more for Elden Ring. A multiplatform title. Similar for games like Sekiro.

If anything, I suspect it’d be more hyped if it was multiplatform.

SodaZA

Am I hyped? Yes!
Was I just hyped for Cyberpunk & Fallout 4? Also yes... and we all know how they turned out at launch

Shut0wen

How is this even relevant when whatever the community deems missing or needs changing or needs adding or needs tweaking or needs creating will be filled with mods for both PC and console. This is why there's nothing this game can't give you that the community won't think of for the entire life of the game.
no mod on fo4 made the game better, a polished turd is still a turd so im expecting the same out come with starfield, especially if the game has the same damage modifier as fo4 which cant be fixed with mods unless its instant headshot kills

Top Bottom