• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The hype around Hellblade II is massive, and growing.

gokurho

The last game I can remember that had this type of hype leading up to its release was Red Dead Redemption 2.
It's trending on twitter every day. Forums and social media are all about HB2, and MS hasn't advertised jack shit for it.

I haven't really been a ninja guy, but I am a psychotic guy, so this game is for me, but was the hype like this when the last DmC came out?

Dazraell

417453.jpg

gokurho

What's Hellblade II?
Copilot:
Senua’s Saga: Hellblade II is the sequel to the award-winning game Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice. Developed by Ninja Theory and published by Xbox Game Studios, it continues the story of Senua, who embarks on a brutal journey of survival through the myth and torment of Viking Iceland. Her mission is to save those who have fallen victim to the horrors of tyranny, battling both inner and outer darkness1. The game is set to release on May 21, 2024, and promises a crafted experience with cinematic immersion, stunning visuals, and captivating sound2. If you’re a fan of action-adventure games with a psychological horror twist, Senua’s Saga: Hellblade II is definitely worth keeping an eye on! 😊

For more information, you can visit the official Xbox page3 or check out the Steam store page1.

DavidGzz

My PC is ready. Want to play it just for the graphics and animations alone. As long as it's as good as Ryse, I'll have a good time.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
I thought you meant Hellgate 2 and I was like huh, it could be a neat shlooter but nah, not before it's announced/we see it. Still that was my first thought for a game some might be hyped for by the title.

Last edited:

alienator

im not on twitter but my youtube and facebook algorithms are pretty much stuffed with gaming, and i've never seen Hellblade II fly by.

i have a feeling this is a joke thread, it will be the most beautifull 30fps game on the X, no doubt, but also the most pretentions boring stuff ive ever seen and im nowhere near hyped for it at all

*disclaimer: im not the target audience either.

HeWhoWalks

Gold Member
I can't even tell when a topic is parody or not lately...
This is clearly a parody. Hellblade has next to no hype (which is unfortunate since it looks great).

Part of the issue is the audience this would normally be soaked up by is on another console and it feels like there’s been very little marketing for it. I actually miss the days of games having less hype pre-release, but that was the 90s.

YuLY

This will bomb hard and Ninja Theory closed by the end of the year, you can bookmark this.

The masses arent interested in schizo walking sims. Ninja Theory smelled their own farts too long with this game which I feel was announced like 5 years ago.

Portugeezer

Hellblade was never meant to be an AAA franchise, the first game had fine sales but it didn't break any records.
Maybe, but MS seems to be giving Ninja Theory the special treatment. First game announced for next gen before even knowing what Series s/X was, 6 hour game taking almost 5 years since being first shown. The graphics were part of the hype but taking so long has let other games catch up.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
I look forward to both this game's release on Playstation... and the introduction of the requirement to sign up to a PSN account to play it on PC, alongside having to have an Xbox account.

MAUs for everyone!!!!

golden shower pee GIF

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
This will bomb hard and Ninja Theory closed by the end of the year, you can bookmark this.

Ninja Theory devs will start to really fear for their jobs the day the PS5 port of Hellblade 2 goes gold. From that moment all bets are off.

Miyazaki’s Slave

Gold Member
Fingers crossed for Ninja Theory they have more platforms lined up than just what Gamepass supports. They need some cold hard cash flowing in for this game not some devalued (and by all current indications meaningless) engagement numbers.

mu8Ay0o.gif

Top Bottom