• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The individual who interrupted our Game of the Year moment has been arrested.

Harlock

Best expression ever.

FjgffM9XwAIThW0

-Zelda-

Banned
Someone needs to photoshop in Kanye or whoever it was who went up on stage years ago at the music awards when he said that beyonce still has the best album of all time into the image as well.

Danknugz

When I watched that yeah. I hate it, to me this is like watching a flashdance group or people who run into resturants demanding that people need to stop eating meat. This sort of "dare" humor is the worst.
i believe the word you're looking for is "flashmob", flashdance is a movie.
u9kfyo2.jpg

ShadowNate

Looks like Joseph Faris is in awe the boy did something crazier than he did.
I honestly thought it was a drunken Joseph Faris speaking. I wasn't paying much attention to the screen (and I think the camera switched away (?) from the kid) and what he said was nonsensical enough to sound like something that was supposed to be a joke lost in translation.

Anyway, the kid did something stupid but probably can brag about it in his herd/ mates forever. It highlighted potential security issues for the awards especially since for some odd reason they are actually live (?!). This could have been a way worse incident if someone really malicious was involved.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: TLZ

Batiman

Banned
Actually a really smart move. Gonna make a name for himself and become kind of top streamer or something. People get rewarded for being idiots nowadays. Look at the kardashians and Paul brothers.

Trilobit

I don't know what the things he said means, but just doing a prank like this is hardly anything new in any way? This is just typical internet random humour mixed with a teenagers sense of fun. I don't know why adult people get so riled up by this. It's just free marketing for the Game Awards.

Has everyone forget how edgy your teenage peers were back in the day?

Now here's a real legend:

Last edited:
I feel for him honestly, this was a good and respectful game awards now this random kid is the talk of the town, there's probably a lot of conversation on the security issue as well. Imagine if he was insane rather than stupid and was right behind the From Software leads.

Why would you feel sorry for him, if anything it made the show more memorable than any previous Game Awards, may have been the first time anybody's cared about something that happened at The Game Awards for more than a day or two

-Zelda-

Banned
Why would you feel sorry for him, if anything it made the show more memorable than any previous Game Awards, may have been the first time anybody's cared about something that happened at The Game Awards for more than a day or two
Because these days you do not know what some people young or old are capable of. What if he went crazy with a gun right at the end killed people? Glad he did not do that, but it really would have been all kinds of messed up.

Ol'Scratch

Did he refuse to leave or something?... I foresee a false arrest demand incoming.
You don't foresee shit.
He was held and detained by LAPD who were hired for security and a police report was filed.
They can hold until they decide whether to arrest or not. He will probably have to appear in courty and is trespassed and was probably happy to have more people to listen to his shtick.
Your little hero's rights were not violated.
It is embarrassing how hard up "gamers" are for the next hero and live for memes. It is no wonder youtube and twitch are filled with so many walking abortions and people flood their chats.

Last edited:

Arachnid

People calling for harsh punishment seems a bit overboard to me ("Make an example of him."). Yeah, the entire thing is annoying as shit, but I don't think a 14-15 year old kid should catch a charge over doing stupid kid shit. Especially something so harmless. Hopefully they just scare him straight so he rethinks his stupidity.

Last edited:

Ol'Scratch

People calling for harsh punishment seems a bit overboard to me ("Make an example of him."). Yeah, the entire thing is annoying as shit, but I don't think a 14-15 year old kid should catch a charge over doing stupid kid shit. Especially something so harmless. Hopefully they just scare him straight so he rethinks his stupidity.
I do think people are going stupidly overboard with some of it, but to be honest the kid has a history of these stunts and with how gaming reddit and other gaming chats have made some kind of hero out of this and are flooding the net with memes it is only going to make people copy, and he will be propped up by troll youtubers and streamers.
The kid knew what he was doing, I am just more cranky I think that he could have used that mic for so many positive things. He could have gone with Taiwan like he has in the past, he could go with so many other causes and instead went with a weak assed dog whistle for the lulz.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
It was pretty stupid what the kid did and I sure did some dumb stuff when I was a teen as well and I totally agree with you this kid should not catch a charge over this.

Flip side the amount of people putting this kid on a pedestal and some saying he should be an NPC in an upcoming game is pretty sad because someone now will try to top him as he has become a hero to a lot of kids (including around here)

Arachnid

I do think people are going stupidly overboard with some of it, but to be honest the kid has a history of these stunts and with how gaming reddit and other gaming chats have made some kind of hero out of this and are flooding the net with memes it is only going to make people copy, and he will be propped up by troll youtubers and streamers.
The kid knew what he was doing, I am just more cranky I think that he could have used that mic for so many positive things. He could have gone with Taiwan like he has in the past, he could go with so many other causes and instead went with a weak assed dog whistle for the lulz.
Agreed on all counts. Especially the more positive message aspect. It could have been great. I wasn't aware he had a history of similar stuff though. TBH, if he channeled that into something more productive, I could see him doing some pretty cool shit. Hopefully he grows out of the infowars trash

It was pretty stupid what the kid did and I sure did some dumb stuff when I was a teen as well and I totally agree with you this kid should not catch a charge over this.

Flip side the amount of people putting this kid on a pedestal and some saying he should be an NPC in an upcoming game is pretty sad because someone now will try to top him as he has become a hero to a lot of kids (including around here)
Yeah, the internet is ridiculous when it comes to that stuff. It actually reminds me of that dude who had a good looking mugshot (he was in jail for beating a kid to hell or something). People funded his bail and lawyer, and he got out to marry some millionaire lady. He then cheated on her and she took him back. You see stuff like this way too often.

I can appreciate the idea of wanting to deter copies. Still, there has to be a better option here.

Last edited:

lukilladog

You don't foresee shit.
He was held and detained by LAPD who were hired for security and a police report was filed.
They can hold until they decide whether to arrest or not. He will probably have to appear in courty and is trespassed and was probably happy to have more people to listen to his shtick.
Your little hero's rights were not violated.
It is embarrassing how hard up "gamers" are for the next hero and live for memes. It is no wonder youtube and twitch are filled with so many walking abortions and people flood their chats.

The only shit here is your ignorance of trespassing laws.

Ol'Scratch

Agreed on all counts. Especially the more positive message aspect. It could have been great. I wasn't aware he had a history of similar stuff though. TBH, if he channeled that into something more productive, I could see him doing some pretty cool shit. Hopefully he grows out of the infowars trash
He was the kid at Blizzcon who got in line and said Free Taiwan during that whole thing with the player being banned from hearthstone. He also did a sign thing at a sports game, when the camera was on he flipped the sign and it was another statement like that. He was on infowars but I honestly believe he was trolling, just like he was full on trolling in the Polygon interview that they just did.
But I do think that with stupid tik tok shit recently I think he just decided he likes the attention and knows controversy gets the most attention.

Arachnid

He was the kid at Blizzcon who got in line and said Free Taiwan during that whole thing with the player being banned from hearthstone. He also did a sign thing at a sports game, when the camera was on he flipped the sign and it was another statement like that. He was on infowars but I honestly believe he was trolling, just like he was full on trolling in the Polygon interview that they just did.
But I do think that with stupid tik tok shit recently I think he just decided he likes the attention and knows controversy gets the most attention.
Where the hell does this kid get the money for all this lol. I couldn't travel around my own town at that age, nevermind to all these huge gaming events.

That does make it sound like he just says whatever he's influenced by at that time though. I think Taiwan had more widespread news going around then, so he was probably repeating that vs actually understanding it. I'm assuming this Clinton line is something from infowars that similarly doesn't really have any significance to him then. Sounds like your guess is spot on. Just typical low brow trolling for infamy.

Thanks for the timeline btw

Top Bottom