• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The individual who interrupted our Game of the Year moment has been arrested.

It was hilarious but I'm glad he didn't hurt Miyazaki.
yeah i'm happy all the kid wanted to do was say some shit. could've been totally different...if anybody can just stroll up and get next to people like Miyazaki then they need to beef up the security. surely someone must've noticed he wasn't part of the group? if you are having multiple people accept an award surely they would know how many people are going up?

Last edited:

YukiOnna

He was an idiot and nothing he said was funny so glad it was dealt with. Might have ruined Geoff's desire to keep tickets for public going, so I hope they just increase security for next year.

Mr Hyde

The memes around is funny and all, but I agree with several others here, this is fucked up. What if he stabbed Miyazaki in the back when he gave his acceptance speech? Kid went up there dressed in a fucking trench coat looking like a distant relative to Dylan Klebold and Eric Harris.

Doom85 Doom85 mentioned Christina Grimmie which was an awful and horrible tragedy and goes to show how much damage nut jobs can do in a very short amount of time. Kid should've been grabbed by the neck and then booted off the set before he even reached the stage.

Last edited:

Banjo64

cumsessed
I loved Geoff's reaction afterwards once the kid had spoken. You could see the rage seething inside him lol.

Hahahaha people actually applauded after he dedicated the award to his reformed orthodox rabbi Bill Clinton :messenger_tears_of_joy:

SpryRemorsefulGermanpinscher-size_restricted.gif

RoboFu

One of the green rats
People doing stupid shit for internet fame is what the US has become. Good job parents !

Last edited:

Banjo64

cumsessed
People doing stupid shit fir internet fane is what the US has become. Good job parents !
Pranksters have been doing this for decades. As long as no one gets hurt I don’t see the issue, the security is to blame and they should be the ones embarrassed this morning. This kid is just a goofball.

Kvally

Banned
Pretty sure this was planned. I noticed that throughout the entire show the camera panned on the kid multiple times.

CeeJay

Pranksters have been doing this for decades. As long as no one gets hurt I don’t see the issue, the security is to blame and they should be the ones embarrassed this morning. This kid is just a goofball.

Absolutely, it's called satire and it's hilarious :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
I think it's way too harsh to have him arrested. No idea what the charge would be, but Keighley should be embarrassed and so should the police who arrested him. Grand misdemeanor stepping on a stage uninvited.

Other shows would have employed competent security staff and known who was coming up on stage. The fact that the kid was able to adequately pose as an usher or part of the event staff or part of the award collecting group shows that nobody was paying attention and security was half assed.

Last edited:
Douchebag thing to do.
You don't piss in someone else's pool just because you can and think it'll be funny. Have some respect.

But of course, he didn't have any respect. He went up during the biggest and last award so he could have his moment. Probably thinking he would look so cool.

Dick Jones

Gold Member
You have to feel sorry for Miyazaki. His moment robbed by an arsehole. We should be talking about his games and not some wanker looking for his 15 minutes.

I hope there is better vetting on guests next year so these types of tools are not allowed a shot to cause physical damage. It could have been alot worse

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
So will be the old man who screams get off my lawn but…

As a retired pitcher I spent a lot of time in bull pens and usually super close to fans and almost always that time was a blast even trading nasty insults back and forth but on the actual field is our safe place so to speak and never should that line be crossed.

Its stunts like this that will cause shows to change how they do things and can ruin the experience for the average fan wanting to attend

Old man rant over

lol everything about this is so perfect. Right down to Keighley’s self serious “the individual has been arrested!” Like he’s heroic or something. Love it, people will remember this longer than anything that was actually supposed to happen at the show.

Posted this on era and it went as well as you’d expect

I have to say that the takes in this thread are weird for a progressive website that I would think have certain viewpoints on prison systems and how fucked they are. Throwing a kid in prison because he somehow made it past security definitely does not seem very progressive. Or is it because you disagree with his words? While I also disagree with them, I don’t think we want to start jailing people for differing viewpoints

Of course hand-wringing, saying I was calling antisemitism a differing viewpoint, twisting my point. Typical. Someone called out my low post count so I followed up with

To further my comment. You want to know why my post count is so low? Because this is not a place for discussion. It’s a place that shouts down anyone who disagrees with even the least bit with the hivemind of era, reports posts like children, and can’t have a legitimate discussion about anything. The fact that 4 posters hand waved a discussion about arresting someone for what would have amounted to a silly prank if the guy hadn’t spoken, to focus on a phrase that had nothing to do with the overall premise tells you all you need to know about the mindset here.

Answer me this. If you found out after the fact that the guy was not part of From but never made any comments, would you call for him to be arrested? If not your anger at him is because of the words. And I’ll ask again, should people be jailed for words?
Then they basically accused me of being an antisemite.

Oh, lord.

Imagine looking at any of the (*ahem*) slightly contentious threads on the MS-AB acquisition and thinking that Era is a hivemind where no dissent is tolerated. And that's just on gaming side.

Given that you've already characterized antisemitism as simply a "differing viewpoint," I think we all can guess what you mean when you refer to the "legitimate discussion" that Era shuts down.
So I told gay bowser that I am a gay white guy with a mixed race daughter and you think I’m a MAGA loon (apologies to any MAGA loon’s reading). I was subsequently told I was lying about my very factual life and then banned.

How’s your morning going??

Umbasaborne

Banned
What a little twat. Glad no one got hurt. Security needs to be beefed the fuck up next year, their are some unhinged lunatics, particularly in this community

Evil Calvin

Afraid of Boobs
Why didn't the guys accepting the award not say something? Obviously he wasn't involved in making the game. Were they wayyy drunk?

Umbasaborne

Banned
Posted this on era and it went as well as you’d expect

Of course hand-wringing, saying I was calling antisemitism a differing viewpoint, twisting my point. Typical. Someone called out my low post count so I followed up with

Then they basically accused me of being an antisemite.

So I told gay bowser that I am a gay white guy with a mixed race daughter and you think I’m a MAGA loon (apologies to any MAGA loon’s reading). I was subsequently told I was lying about my very factual life and then banned.

How’s your morning going??
Ignore the raging morons at resetera. They fucking suck so much at that website. Your mental health will be better off if you don’t give those clowns the time of day. They like to think that they have “sway”, that they “run things” in this industry. The truth is they dont, they are a very loud vocal minoriry. The crazy thing is i dont even dissagree with the majority of their social views, but the fact of the matter is that on resetera, everything is black and white. Your either a biggot or a saint, a liberal or a conservative, ect… there is no gray area, and if you take a neutral stance you are then deemed a coward or an outright biggot.

This is a long winded way of saying that they arent worth your time or energy. My mental health improved sharply when I left that hell hole.

Kvally

Banned
Ignore the raging morons at resetera. They fucking suck so much at that website. Your mental health will be better off if you don’t give those clowns the time of day. They like to think that they have “sway”, that they “run things” in this industry. The truth is they dont, they are a very loud vocal minoriry. The crazy thing is i dont even dissagree with the majority of their social views, but the fact of the matter is that on resetera, everything is black and white. Your either a biggot or a saint, a liberal or a conservative, ect… there is no gray area, and if you take a neutral stance you are then deemed a coward or an outright biggot.

This is a long winded way of saying that they arent worth your time or energy. My mental health improved sharply when I left that hell hole.
Isn't Resetera a bunch of NeoGAF people? I am a member there, but I only visit the place like once every 6 months. I forget it even exists.

Yea I agree. I stopped going there but was just habit to check there for gaming news. Definitely done for good now. Bunch of crybaby losers

Umbasaborne

Banned
Isn't Resetera a bunch of NeoGAF people? I am a member there, but I only visit the place like once every 6 months. I forget it even exists.
We all started at gaf, a kerfuffle went down and a bunch of people moved over to this new site, era, in 2017. Era turned out to be a thought policing hell hole so most people either came back to gaf, or came to gaf for the first time from that place

Top Bottom