• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The infuriating silence of Donald Trump over an Indian engineer’s murder in Kansas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep.

Many Indians feel the same way and voted for him.
Lot of Hindu Americans did. Trump was successful in dividing the Indian immigrant community in America, a community that was always a solid voting bloc. This motherfucker fractured it. Now Indian Muslims who hate Trump are divided against Indian Hindus who are pro-Trump. Good job you orange bag of pus.

dan2026

Why the fuck would Donald Trump of all people care about some Indian guy shot in Kansas.

Its Donald Trump. Did you forget for a second?
It doesn't affect him so he couldn't give two shits.

Sucks that the original GAF thread barely got any traffic either.

Had it not been for that GAF thread and this one I wouldn't have even heard of this story. I've seen zero coverage of it on the news and I couldn't find a story about it on CNN even using the search function.

I got an immediate Yahoo alert on that van incident in New Orleans when they thought it was a terror attack and now that it turned out it wasn't that story has vanished too.

Fuchsdh

Honestly, I don't really blame the president for not coming out on all these things. Every tragedy doesn't and shouldn't require the executive to comment on it.

In this case, especially, what useful comment would Trump even have? His administration is not at all invested in trying to prevent these sorts of crimes, so at best you'd get empty words, if not insults.

I'm not a fan of this part:

The author seems to be saying that the victims were less deserving of being attacked than other immigrants because they were successful and legally present in the US.

I'm half-Indian, and I've seen similar attitudes in some Indians, as well as other highly educated immigrants: the idea that they are here legally because they worked hard, and that undocumented immigrants didn't work hard enough and are freeloaders. I actually had a conversation a few weeks ago with an Iranian daughter of an immigrant who thought Trump's travel ban was fine.

I think the writer is trying to draw parallels between good immigrants and how even being a good little immigrant doesn't mean anything to Trump, who will exclusively focus on the bad immigrants.

I think part of Trump's deal is "Immigrants who work hard and are good people are great...but let me tell you about all these evil immigrants, all these lowlifes who we good people have to support"

So when that kind of immigrant gets done in by a lowlife white person, you'd think Trump would uphold this ideal immigrant citizen, and lump the white terrorist with the rest of the bad folk.

Trump doesn't uphold the immigrant at all. If this was an innocent white person, he would do just that. This immigrant says "hey look, Im just like you white people, Im a good citizen who works hard. Im good for America"

But none of that is mourned over by the President because it would promote immigrants, and put down white people.

Yes, it does come off as "he was a good one", but it also comes off as "he was a good one, but good ones dont matter either because it doesn't help the anti-immigration stance"

Well you see under Trump the investigatory bodies only investigate Islamic terrorism, no white supremacists etc. So yeah this isn't a terror act nor a hate crime, rather the crime is the victims should have had guns to protect themselves is most likely the line to come out.

Honestly, I don't really blame the president for not coming out on all these things. Every tragedy doesn't and shouldn't require the executive to comment on it.

In this case, especially, what useful comment would Trump even have? His administration is not at all invested in trying to prevent these sorts of crimes, so at best you'd get empty words, if not insults.
Last I checked, Trump is the president of ALL. Motherfucker needs to respond to nationalist terrorism like Quebec and Kansas, just like he immediately responds to Islamic related terrorism.

wachie

What sort of fuckery is this? There is a direct co-relation between this and the executive order he passed few weeks back and is so adamant on fighting. It's also one of the key notes of his campaign.

He should either denounce as keeping quiet only means this is exactly what he wants, the country to be unsafe and all the immigrants (non-whites) to feel insecure.

I think the fact that this murderer seemed inspired by Trump's rhetoric on foreigners requires a response. Had Obama or any other past president directly attacked a minority group in this country and called them a danger to national security I can assure you that a response would have been expected back then too.

Jumeira

Banned
The Indian people honestly believed this man and his entourage of clowns would be able to differentiate a brown Muslim, from a brown hindu? The former is just more hated, but don't for one second think he can intellectually detach his disdain from anyone that isn't white. Shame on members of the same group for voting for him.

Karkador

Banned

He is the president of the executive branch of our government, running on a platform of bolstering police and reducing crime, and the promise of "uniting this country". He is absolutely invested in this topic. He claimed it, now own it.

They've commented more on fictitious terror attacks than real ones where brown people were murdered and you're going to give it the "They can't comment on everything"?

This is a great time to remind them of the time they held a giant fucking puja for Mr. Trump.
RTX2P03K.jpg

54909269.jpg

donald-trump-puja-afp_650x400_51462998586.jpg
I don't have much sympathy for my community as a result, because you all knew he'd do this but prided yourselves on being the good minority that works hard. Tough shit, you're a brown person in America, and people don't care if you're Hindu, Sikh, or whatever else.

gondwana

The Indian people honestly believed this man and his entourage of clowns would be able to differentiate a brown Muslim, from a brown hindu? The former is just more hated, but don't for one second think he can intellectually detach his disdain from anyone that isn't white. Shame on members of the same group for voting for him.
not really

there is a hindu nationalist surge right now in India /w Modi and some of it has gotten to the US through osmosis. most US indians are your typical bougie Silcon Valley Dems, but the ones pre-disposed to conservatism find Trump very appealing because of the anti-islamism

trump also did a few Hindu GOP rallies IIRC. for the $$$$ of course

This is a great time to remind them of the time they held a giant fucking puja for Mr. Trump.

I don't have much sympathy for my community as a result, because you all knew he'd do this but prided yourselves on being the good minority that works hard. Tough shit, you're a brown person in America, and people don't care if you're Hindu, Sikh, or whatever else.

This is what happens when being "one of the good ones" and "It's OK because Islam isn't a race" meet.

see5harp

This was a pretty cut and dry case of racism which is probably why the public came out to speak up and support the victims. I'm really sad that the same thing didn't happen for that old Chinese dude who got killed by a rent a cop. They finally arrested that guys weeks after the incident occurred and I swear I didn't see a single national news story.

i-Lo

The only excuse is that these people most likely didn't have the full picture about who Trump is and were swept away by propaganda. That is aside from the corporate people higher up the food chain who do it because "Money".

For what its worth the consequences of electing Trump will be enough to ensure that the brown folks (muslim and hindu) don't fall for a obvious cunt next time.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Why is he so afraid to call this what it is: radical white supremacist terrorism?

Accurately calling a white radical what they are implies white people can be radicalized in general and that goes against the narrative that whites are the innocent victims of brown foreign radicals seeking to destroy them.

SonnyBoy

The only excuse is that these people most likely didn't have the full picture about who Trump is and were swept away by propaganda. That is aside from the corporate people higher up the food chain who do it because "Money".

For what its worth the consequences of electing Trump will be enough to ensure that the brown folks (muslim and hindu) don't fall for a obvious cunt next time.

And some (friends of mine) simply feel that issues of other minorities don't apply to them. I'm curious to see if/how their opinions change. My friends are very much aware of the "full picture", I've discussed it with them. It just so happens that in their minds, they were above it.

Some of the most beautiful people I know are Indian. Heck, probably the best person I know is a Muslim from Bangladesh. This country would be lesser without them.

Lot of Hindu Americans did. Trump was successful in dividing the Indian immigrant community in America, a community that was always a solid voting bloc. This motherfucker fractured it. Now Indian Muslims who hate Trump are divided against Indian Hindus who are pro-Trump. Good job you orange bag of pus.
Yep this is about the sum total of it. But make no mistake, many of the pro-Trump Indians are well beyond simple matters of religion: they are conservative racists in the most classic definition. They have no issue telling people how they feel about foreigners or other people of color, despite many being first generation immigrants themselves. They elevate themselves and home culture far above any other cultures and will disown their children should they look to marry someone who isn't Indian. Don't let an Indian son/daughter have interest in a black or Hispanic guy. That won't end well at all. One of my good friends can't even bring his white GF of over a year home because mom and dad will freak the fuck out.

This is a common story rather than the exception.

bionic77

In that same article I believe it said that only 7% of Indians planned on voting for Trump.

If only 7% of your group are cunts I think that is pretty decent.

I'm not sure why anyone is surprised by this. Trump spent his entire campaign demonizing Muslims, probably can't tell them apart from Indians, and probably doesn't even realize one descriptor is a religious one while the other is ethnic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom