• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The King of Fighters XIV Review Thread

I was just thinking how you could make a school dance analogy comparing SFV and KoF XIV.

SFV is the most popular girl in school. Head cheerleader. Valedictorian. Perfect 10 body. Buuuuut, she's a total bitch. She goes to the dance with you, is even up for sex later but she's very demanding. Has you pay for EVERY little thing. Doesn't even treat you that well. After a while you wonder if it was all worth it JUST to have the most popular girl.

KoF XIV is the shy, nerdy girl next door. Not even close to a 10, but cute in her own down-to-earth kind of way. Much nicer and sweeter in person. She's a really clumsy and terrible dancer, and you'll have to deal with hecklers, but you have a great time and a lot of fun being with her.

Of course I'm not saying you HAVE to choose ONE, I just think it makes for a fun comparison. Just got the email from Best Buy that my Premium Edition is going to be ready tomorrow, but it'll be a lot longer before I can play it as I have no PS4 :( I just really wanted those great bonuses.

Now let us take that on a the way of the player hater.

Street Fighter V is the popular girl and you are right. BUT, the goal of a player hater is to get all that you can for the least amount of money. So you put up with the bitchiness for the hotness, you put up with some of the bullshit, but when it comes to the money, you deny her as much as you can. You pay as little as you can and try to get as much as you can. I played enough of the ShitCpom Survival to get four of the five characters and I'm saving the last bit of bison bucks for Urien because Ibuki sucks and I'm not going to jump through SFV's hoops to and go through hard survival. You see, I've already broken through and had the most fun and sexy times without paying nothing. And if anyone wants to play Ibuki, my friends or the cupcakers will pay for that shit, because, I don't simp my money up in that grill. They can pay after it's used up and I got my thrills out of it.

KOF 14 is that nerdy girl, possibly an anime fan. Their looks leave something to be desired, but hell, it is fun. It's charming with its faults and even with the hecklers, you got that thick man skin and you basically say fuck the haters, my swagger is so good that I'm gonna go with what I like. I like what I like, you can deal with SFV's shit. I'm gonna get the total package. Not get some piece meal 50 bison dollars that's worth less than 0.00000000000000000000000000000000001 per win.

I would say that KOF 14 dances better though. She has more reaction time so she's more fun and able to move better. It's Street Fighter V that stumbles at dancing because that eight frames causes her to slip on cake or choreograph her bitch slap so slowly that you just mayweather that shot.

That was more fun explaining than I thought it would. I'm tired of the IT SUCKS. THIS SUCKS. NETCODE! MUH CHARACTER! BWAAAAH!

Top Bottom