• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"The Last Night" (Milkshake Duck incarnate) E3 Trailer [XBO/Win10/Steam 2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gastone

1. Who cares? Men can kick back and drink all they want, why should women be barred from doing so if they're not pregnant?

2. I highly, highly doubt that would be the reason a majority of women would choose to use an artificial womb

What? I'm talking about during pregnancy. I haven't mentioned a single word about what they should and should not do otherwise.

clearestblue

Neo Member
What? I'm talking about during pregnancy. I haven't mentioned a single word about what they should and should not to otherwise.

Maybe I'm confused but are we or are we not talking about artificial wombs? If a woman is growing a baby in an incubator somewhere, she can do her normal things from day to day. Why would that be relevant if they're not pregnant? Of course pregnant woman shouldn't smoke or drink while pregnant, but we're not talking about women who are actually pregnant.

oatmeal

Banned
Damn - 36 pages! Lots of hype. Can't wait for this, was the most impressive looking game i saw during their conference IMO.

Gastone

Maybe I'm confused but are we or are we not talking about artificial wombs? If a woman is growing a baby in an incubator somewhere, she can do her normal things from day to day. Why would that be relevant if they're not pregnant? Of course pregnant woman shouldn't smoke or drink while pregnant, but we're not talking about women who are actually pregnant.

Well, true. I was confused. I was thinking pregnant, with or without artifical womb.
Of course, if they "outsource" the pregnancy, they are not pregnant in the normal sense, and yes, could do whatever they want as it doesn't harm the baby.

clearestblue

Neo Member
Damn - 36 pages! Lots of hype. Can't wait for this, was the most impressive looking game i saw during their conference IMO.

6359228479115404371233207677_giphy-5.gif

Well, true. I was confused. I was thinking pregnant, with or without artifical womb.
Of course, if they "outsource" the pregnancy, they are not pregnant in the normal sense, and yes, could do whatever they want as it doesn't harm the baby.
And is that a bad thing, outsourcing pregnancies?

Shiggy

I have no idea what is happening here (artificial wombs?) and I don't know the dev behind this game, but is there any gameplay video for this title? I mean, it visually looks great, but I have no idea what it will play like.

Gastone

So um...what is this thread about?

It started off being about the game itself. Then it became all about the creator, gamergate, feminism,bans and now we're on artifical wombs. Basically, it's a natural progression of a game discussion thread.

ZeoVGM

Banned
So um...what is this thread about?

EDIT: What is the discussion about, why is thread so big. Any gameplay videos?

It turns out that the creators of the game are women-hating, GamerGate assholes. The game is literally about feminists destroying the world.

The thread is about that and how the majority of people won't be giving these terrible people their money.

RPGam3r

Hell, surrogate mothers are already thing.

I just wanted to chime in that I don't think there have been a lot of studies on the affects this could have on the child, which is arguably the more important person in this specific portion of this topic. The lose of stimulus that they would traditionally get from movement, talking/singing and touch etc.

In your example there is still a person involved caring and providing stimulus.

Chumley

Banned
The sad thing is that I'm 100% sure most of you coming in here and asking why the thread is so big are being genuine.

I don't. Especially when they say "what is GG?", just reeks of red pilling to me. Doesn't seem even remotely possible to register on this site and be ignorant of GG when even my non-videogame playing girlfriend knows about GG.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
I don't. Especially when they say "what is GG?", just reeks of red pilling to me. Doesn't seem even remotely possible to register on this site and be ignorant of GG when even my non-videogame playing girlfriend knows about GG.
Same situation as my wife.

I just wanted to chime in that I don't think there have been a lot of studies on the affects this could have on the child, which is arguably the more important person in this specific portion of this topic. The lose of stimulus that they would traditionally get from movement, talking/singing and touch etc.

In your example there is still a person involved caring and providing stimulus.

Speaking hypothetically it's possible that they could find ways to simulate sound, movement etc as they would be experienced by a baby in the womb. Hell, might even be an app so you can speak directly to the baby at any time while you monitor it.

Where do I start if I want to see how it got to this point? I've seen "milkshake duck" referenced twice today (this is going to be the phrase of the summer, huh?) so after looking it up, I decided to check this thread out.

True Fire

Where do I start if I want to see how it got to this point? I've seen "milkshake duck" referenced twice today (this is going to be the phrase of the summer, huh?) so after looking it up, I decided to check this thread out.

This thread escalates very quickly. I think the GamerGate connection was brought up on Page 2 or 3.

RPGam3r

Speaking hypothetically it's possible that they could find ways to simulate sound, movement etc as they would be experienced by a baby in the womb. Hell, might even be an app so you can speak directly to the baby at any time while you monitor it.

Oh for sure, lots of potential here on this topic in terms of benefits and studies. I just wanted to mention that there is a person missing from most of the replies for this topic (the baby itself) that should be more heavily considered.

I don't want to off-topic too much though.

Oh for sure, lots of potential here on this topic in terms of benefits and studies. I just wanted to mention that there is a person missing from most of the replies for this topic (the baby itself) that should be more heavily considered.

I don't want to off-topic too much though.

Ah, I gotcha. NP.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Artificial wombs would not have a person associated with them.

Well theoretically an artificial womb could provide all the direct stuff a healthy baby needs like nutrients as well as the other things like contact from a "mother".

Volphied

You know what I find funny about this artificial womb chat right now?

The dev never argued against them due to how they would affect the unborn child.

Instead he's against them due to how they would affect the mother. Specifically, his fear that women would now be free to drink, smoke and work.

The devs entire complaint is based around his fear that he wouldn't be able to control how women behave for 9 months.

I know there's a difference between supporting a guy living today and appreciating the works of an old, long since dead xenophobic racist like Lovecraft but I wonder if people can separate the artist from the art just to see what's in their head.

I don't know. I'm sure it sucks to be in that position to make that choice but I don't have the platforms to play this on (yet?) so I don't have the urgency to come to a decision myself. We'll see.

I know there's a difference between supporting a guy living today and appreciating the works of an old, long since dead xenophobic racist like Lovecraft but I wonder if people can separate the artist from the art just to see what's in their head.

I don't know. I'm sure it sucks to be in that position to make that choice but I don't have the platforms to play this on (yet?) so I don't have the urgency to come to a decision myself. We'll see.
People can separate the artist from the art but this dudes views are woven into his art so it's hard to separate them.

Like he whole issue was posted just a few minutes ago.

Really liked the trailer. Can't wait to see more gameplay. Hope it turns out great as I'm currently building a list of console exclusives to help me justify getting an Xbox One X.

Edit: I've no idea what the fuck happened to this thread. I need to go back a few pages.

People can separate the artist from the art but this dudes views are woven into his art so it's hard to separate them.

Like he whole issue was posted just a few minutes ago.
I get that and that's what I meant about seeing into his mindset. But I also understand the issue with giving him money. I guess I just wanted to post that conundrum "out loud". Would hate to give him money so he can proclaim he "won".

This is a case where I say "but why" when we already have solutions for mothers who can't concieve and too many children being born unwanted these days already.

Sounds expensive and unnessecary and not natural.

This is a case where I say "but why" when we already have solutions for mothers who can't concieve and too many children being born unwanted these days already.

I wouldn't call it unnecessary when women die from childbirth, even in America and Europe. Whether or not it is natural doesn't matter as long as the mother and the baby are healthy.

Childbirth is already expensive.

Some women and men don't want to adopt or use surrogates, or perhaps during a pregnancy if there are complications they can save both the baby and mother by using an artificial womb. Maybe it'll be useful for same sex couples. As long as there's a market for something like this, or it has value in the medical field, it'll be used.

Expensive, unnecessary, and not natural doesn't mean much, imo, because that describes a lot of things people do nowadays, like vidya.

I'm trying very, very hard to have a conversation between myself, my friend (a female developer), and a GG right now. So far, it is going well.

But they are trying to bait me into "going into the bad things that Tim said". I'm not sure how much longer I can stay in the convo without it turning into a shitfest.

HowZatOZ

Banned
The sad thing is that I'm 100% sure most of you coming in here and asking why the thread is so big are being genuine.
Well fair enough considering the OP hasn't been updated and there is no all round catch-up post. I was luckily here when the thread first started but dropped out and came back to 36+ pages of discussion that I had no intention of reading completely. Some updating would help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom