• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us 2 Forced Dog Killing Trigger Warning

NeoGiffer

source.gif

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Latest Game Informer podcast talks about how you have to kill dogs (complete with whimpering) and how your dog gets killed.

Not as bad as Wolfenstein 2, but bad enough that I am passing.

Just thought I’d pass the info on to fellow soft hearted dog lovers.

That is the real driving force, isn't it?

This is going to get me all emotional, innit?

She goes John Wick on them, every last one of them.

tenor.gif

RavageX

For crying out loud it's a game. It's not glorifying is it? No.

It's there cause it makes sense, to use another example...Mafia 3 has lots of racial talk and tones. Why? Cause for that time period and location it was pretty accurate.

What is wrong with people these days???

Shagger

Banned
With all due respect to the OP, it's a video game. Getting emotionally attracted to the characters and invested in the story is what it's about, especially a game like this. However, if a player is unable to maintain a grip on reality to the point they can't stand hurting a pixilated dog then I think you have to consider whether video games work for you. It's like what those idiots at PETA keep complaining about. If you cant separate reality from fantasy you have issues well beyond the Ethical Treatment of Pixels.

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

I appreciate bringing it up, but yeah, it's just a game OP. It ain't a real dog you're killing or seeing get killed, so don't be upset.

Just like the people you're watching get killed and/or are killing are not real.

Me? I love dogs, but I'd gib the hell out of them in-game, lmao.

🤷‍♂️

Gamernyc78

Banned
Boy this sensitive ass fruity society we live in is getting worse and worse everyday. I'm about to disappear from it completely and go live in the outback or the Stix somewhere lol 😂 😂 😂 😂

I had a job party the other day and everything was humas and couscous and vegan wraps lol 😂 😂 😂 😂 thy would have felt the same as OP

Skyr

It weirds me out when people are more bothered by the death of a dog compared to the death of a human.
The last time I noticed that was in the Chernobyl episode where they killed the contaminated dogs.
I watched some reviews of the episode on youtube and there were a lot of people that were literally crying over the dogs dying but were rather unfazed by some violent deaths of humans.

Granted all of these scenarios are fictional I find it rather interesting. I for one am always more concerned about my fellow humans.

Last edited:

GV82

when I loaded up Red Dead Redemption One the first thing I did was shoot the horse, I’ve shot birds in Hitman, I’ve shot at the dog in GTA V

I also jumped on many animals heads in both Mario & Sonic going years back, where they not fun?

I have never had the urge to do any of this in real life, never even once felt like going hunting, yet there was a Duck Hunt game I played on the NES.

My point is I have been killing Animals in Videogames since as along as I can remember.

Does OP not like any Video Games ever? Because OP must have killed some animals unless he’s a fifa/ race sim only kinda person maybe Tetris or is killing other Animals fine and just not dogs? Where is the line drawn?

I have a pet dog in real life which I love and haven’t harmed him.

Ar¢tos

I don't remember people crying about killing dogs in Resident Evil or Souls games.
But at least it's not cute spiders or endangered Dragons.

Raven117

Well, you know....since this is a video game and no actual dogs or humans were harmed in the video game (and dare I say real life), I have no problem with any of this. You aren't "killing a dog" you are pressing a button on a controller that causes a digital animation in the likeness of a human to look like it collides with another digital animation that looks like a dog.

Would the unadjusted nerds please just take a minute to appreciate that this is a fucking video game and not real life...For fucksakes.

Last edited:
You'd have thought in a zombie apocalypse, where said zombies are drawn to noise, that dogs, an animal whose primary defense against agressors is to run face first at it and try to bite it to death, and alerts others to danger by barking incredibly loudly, would be pretty much extinct.

Oh well, at least Ellie is going to try to fill that plot hole. Good on the oddly well fed and muscular lass!

Gamernyc78

Banned
I don't remember people crying about killing dogs in Resident Evil or Souls games.
But at least it's not cute spiders or endangered Dragons.

Because the wrong ppl are slowly gaining power and the last few years has been their coming out party. All my cuchifrito spots in Harlem are gone and in turn have been replaced with soul cycle and vegan shops 😂😂😂 and my games are slowly being turned to cute, non offensive, non sexualized, soon non violent walking simulators. Thank God I can still walk down Broadway in Manhattan and still see all the eye candy I want until thy ban the camel toe, wedgy up the ass clothes some of these shorties wear 😂😂😂

Last edited:

zcaa0g

Banned
You won't be killing dogs, you will be killing pixels or polygons, whichever makes you feel better. And it's self defense, so it is killing, not murdering. Oh yeah, it's a game so it's neither of those either.

I've had dogs all of my life and will continue to do so, but as far as this game goes, bring on the dog meat!

Vitacat

They are not real dogs.

The vast majority of people are not as fragile as some want to believe. But they will never know that so long as they shield themselves from every thought, image or expression that challenges their current mindset.

Top Bottom