• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us: Part II Remaster likely in Development based on ND Lead Outsourced Artist LinkedIn Profile

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
Frustrated Headache GIF by Kelly Clarkson

I'm down, honestly. The best game of last gen is about to get better.
How will better graphics make the game better? By the way it's one of my favourites of all time but this is not needed (certainly not if it means Naughty Dog are spending valuable time on it). These guys really need to get on brand new games that are single player focused and do what they do best.

Last edited:

King Dazzar

I want a completely new game too from ND. But I'm afraid I am guilty too of being excited for a remaster of this as well. PS5 haptics and triggers, with a res boost and some uptick in image quality is fine by me. I'm up for it. Love the game.

Last edited:

Salz01

The shit news or leaks coming out about ND the last couple of days is astounding. Basically milking released games this whole gen. TLOU2 already looks good. Just making it for a little better lighting or more textures seems stupid to me. But I guess they have to do something to make money.

Why are we pretending we didn't know this already?

A PS5 version of the game has been confirmed over a year ago.
There's a reason why we never got a "Director's Cut" edition for that gam but got one for Ghost of Tsushima.

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
Thing is the game already runs and looks great on ps5 via back compat, runs @60fps4k...
The shit news or leaks coming out about ND the last couple of days is astounding. Basically milking released games this whole gen. TLOU2 already looks good. Just making it for a little better lighting or more textures seems stupid to me. But I guess they have to do something to make money.

If the game's high-quality assets are built for PlayStation 4 Pro then an upgrade is needed.

People are forgetting that this game will likely be released on PC and there are many features that need to be added to match The Last of Us Part I.

So just porting over the PS4 Pro version of Last of Us Part II on PC wouldn't work.

Naughty dog is no longer the top Sony studio. That now goes to Insomniac. I don't blame them though as management tried to force them to make a GAAS game which was borderline idiotic.
Being the top studio isn't about the one that releases the most games.

Insomniac doesn't have a single game on their huge catalog that can touch something like TLOU2 in any aspect from audio, gameplay, mocap, voice acting, etc...hell i haven't even seen anything in Spider-Man 2 that can rival with TLOU2 visuals yet. I know one is a linear experience and the other one is an open world game...but they are also a generation apart.

Solidus_T

They scrapped the online but continued making this!? Come on, ND. The game still looks great and runs nice on a PS5.

Insomniac doesn't have a single game on their huge catalog that can touch something like TLOU2 in any aspect from audio, gameplay, mocap, voice acting, etc...hell i haven't even seen anything in Spider-Man 2 that can rival with TLOU2 visuals yet. I know one is a linear experience and the other one is an open world game...but they are also a generation apart.
Last i checked, Naughty dog doesn't release games anymore. Just remasters and ports... The last new game they released was TLOU 2 over 3 years ago. Meanwhile, their mates have been releasing next gen games.

HeWhoWalks

Gold Member

Thank you.

Naughty Dog now are basically the South Park cable guys with holes in their shirts rubbing their nipples when asked when an actual new game is coming out from them

MiguelItUp

Of course it is. I figured they'd go this route to also release it on PC. For consistencies sake and all.

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
they really are creatively bankrupt
They are not making the remaster though. It says outsourced.

if they are really working on this thing after wasting two years on the last of us 1 remake then yes, they are done. Doesnt help that their studio head is too busy palling around with hollywood stars instead of running his video game studio.

Luipadre

For people bitching: Remastering a game is considerably easier than developing a new one, the game is also semi-stuck on PS4 with no improvements. I can see why they would remaster this.

bro they already remade the first game. How many games they need to remaster to be able to program on PS5? At this point they better work on PS6 remasters aswell

Top Bottom