• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us Part II Remastered Announced + Trailer. Release Slated for January 2024

drotahorror

I already own TLOU2 digitally so this question isn't for me but...

Wonder what they'll sell this version for? $40? $30? TLOU2 for PS4 is $40 (on sony's store) not on sale, and $20 on sale regularly. So I guess they would make it at most $50 since you can just buy PS4 version and upgrade for $10 if you didn't wait for a sale.

Last edited:
Well that's one way to bolster TLOU2 sales numbers: offer a $10 upgrade for owners of the previous version. Actually kinda smart, considering TLOU2's sales are still less than 1/3 of the superior original.

I'm gonna pass, though. I'm more interested to see how they handle the second season of the show.

I’m not asking or want remake, I just want simple remaster or just PS5 patch to run smoother FPS….thats it.

I absolutely DO NOT need for Bluepoint to remake it, I like Bloodborne aesthetics too much to see it changed.

I fucking HATE Sony only thinking about what games makes more money! Come fuck on, Bloodborne is pretty damn popular among gamers, it shouldn't be that much of issue of simple remaster.

That you say "simple remaster" suggests that you don't realize how much work goes into doing a remaster, but again, it makes NO sense for them to patch the game at this point. It's a 2015 game. Anything you're trying to modernize at this point needs to release on PC as well for the additional revenue, and you're not going to patch the 2015 and then release it on PC. It's almost a decade old at this point.

Bluepoint making this means it probably comes out far sooner than FromSoftware doing it. Even a "simple remaster" probably will take a year or more to do and Bluepoint already has multiple games on its schedule.

mortal

Gold Member
Druckmann's team is working on a new game, TLOU3 most likely.
Well, the most recent rumors are saying that it's an original game. With that keyword, it could very well be a new IP.
I'm sure Part 3 is in the cards, but the timing of Part 2 Remastered leads me to believe it's actually further out with a new IP serving as a buffer.

Well that's one way to bolster TLOU2 sales numbers: offer a $10 upgrade for owners of the previous version. Actually kinda smart, considering TLOU2's sales are still less than 1/3 of the superior original.

I'm gonna pass, though. I'm more interested to see how they handle the second season of the show.

TLOUP2 sold at least 10 million copies and this was BEFORE the show was released.

The original game sold 7 million copies on PS3 and the remaster sold 10 million copies. So I'm not sure where you're getting your math from.

Ywap

All the good stuff to Sonys elite while us PC peasants don't even get to sniff on Tsushima 😤

Last edited:

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
I don’t remember paying for Cyberpunk 2.0 or implementation of new technologies like path tracing in that game.
I do not remember TLoU 2 being forcefully pulled out of stores at launch due to bugs and bad performance either pushing for a massive engine switch to external tech either. Consoles must be wired differently ;).

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
I do not remember TLoU 2 being forcefully pulled out of stores at launch due to bugs and bad performance either pushing for a massive engine switch to external tech either. Consoles must be wired differently ;).

Ironically, you’re talking about console version being pulled out of store. 😘

Last edited:
Cant believe how many sheep are actually excited for this. They are selling you a 4K patch for $70. I loved and played the game 3 times but no way am I paying even a dollar for a game that already looks stunning. This is a joke....new outfits? free mode guitar? Lol are you people that easy to take money from? There was more bitching for TLOU 1 being remstered yet here most people are excited, there really is no hope for gaming anymore.

Last edited:

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
There are glitches in every game. I had characters spazzing out in TLOU 1 remake and in TLOU2. What’s your point?
Performance mode was shit on console that required a lot of performance patches. Glitches happens in games all the time but cyberpunk was bad.

Caio

I will play both The Last of Us Part I Remake and The Last of Us Part II Remaster, patched for PS5 PRO :D
Yes !

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
Cant believe how many sheep are actually excited for this. They are selling you a 4K patch for $70. I loved and played the game 3 times but no way am I paying even a dollar for a game that already looks stunning. This is a joke....new outfits? free mode guitar? Lol are you people that easy to take money from? There was more bitching for TLOU 1 being remstered yet here most people are excited, there really is no hope for gaming anymore.
Read the news because they're offering a 10 dollar upgrade.

Last edited:

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Read the news because they're offering a 10 dollar upgrade.
What upsets me is only that it looks like they are a TLoU shop that does something else (Uncharted) by mistake 😂.

Otherwise, the game was still being made to be ported to PC and we get a resolution and visuals bump (probably effects, lighting, models, and textures cleanup throughout the game), new modes, and for me (if they do it well) one of the big additions would be good DualSense support. For all of that $10 is not a horrible ask as upgrades go.

Moses85

Ok, so Part III is a safe bet.

Great!

Do Want Give It To Me GIF

Top Bottom