• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us remake’s $100 Firefly Edition has already sold out

Stuart360

Gold Member
Lemmings-OnlyFloatersCanSurviveThis.gif
There will be a few of them that actually havent played the game yet for whatever reason. Only a few though lol.

Last edited:
Hope so. My worries is that they will try to change the story, even if just slightly, to better fit TLOU 2 narrative, or whatever they are doing with the TV show.

But we will only know that when the game releases.
Really? What would need to change to better fit the sequel? I'm genuinely curious what you'll come up with.

Hope so. My worries is that they will try to change the story, even if just slightly, to better fit TLOU 2 narrative, or whatever they are doing with the TV show.

I guess we will see. The fact that this is being shot out within 2 years of TLOU 2 and one of those years was way heavier with covid issues, is telling me that this probably isn't the case. I have a good feeling as to what they did: Access TLOU 2 assets, copy texture, paste texture, copy flashback Joel and Ellie models, paste flashback Joel and Ellie models, etc.

Someone probably pitched this to Sony and said 'Well, we already have most of the assets done. We can probably give it to you within 2 years guaranteed.' The other person did the predictive math and noticed that this will be an easy profit over cost.

Nautilus

Banned
Really? What would need to change to better fit the sequel? I'm genuinely curious what you'll come up with.
What are you going on about?I just said that I hope they change nothing, because the game's story is perfect as it is.

You guys really are a bunch of crazy fools who simply can't take the fact that some people disliked TLOU 2. Step away from the keyboard and live a little.

Guilty_AI

Paying 100$ for a remake of remaster of a game thats not even 10 yo yet, still looks and plays well by modern standards AND is widely playable and available for cheap.

And people don't know why the AAA industry is shit nowadays.

Last edited:

Nautilus

Banned
I guess we will see. The fact that this is being shot out within 2 years of TLOU 2 and one of those years was way heavier with covid issues, is telling me that this probably isn't the case. I have a good feeling as to what they did: Access TLOU 2 assets, copy texture, paste texture, copy flashback Joel and Ellie models, paste flashback Joel and Ellie models, etc.

Someone probably pitched this to Sony and said 'Well, we already have most of the assets done. We can probably give it to you within 2 years guaranteed.' The other person did the predictive math and noticed that this will be an easy profit over cost.
Hopefully you are right.

Swift_Star

Banned
What are you going on about?I just said that I hope they change nothing, because the game's story is perfect as it is.

You guys really are a bunch of crazy fools who simply can't take the fact that some people disliked TLOU 2. Step away from the keyboard and live a little.
Why the need to antagonize people like that? They’re just asking you a genuine question.
What would need to change to fit the sequel?

I asked a question with no snark or anything.

Last edited:

Nautilus

Banned
Why the need to antagonize people like that? They’re just asking you a genuine question.
What would need to change to fit the sequel?
Oh, I didn't. Its just that you guys love me so much that I don't want to hug all that love for me.

You also didn't answer the first question I asked you:Was I wrong to assume that this selling out means nothing if the game will sell out or not?

Swift_Star

Banned
Oh, I didn't. Its just that you guys love me so much that I don't want to hug all that love for me.

You also didn't answer the first question I asked you:Was I wrong to assume that this selling out means nothing if the game will sell out or not?

Sure.

Hugare

Not happening. Ashley and Troy didnt even know about the remake until the announcement.

If they were called to reprise their roles for new cutscenes/voice acting they would have known about the game + would have re-acted some cutscenes

Neil told us that the new animations are all handmade by animators using the original mocap recordings

They will be changing the hospital scene for the one used in TLOU 2 tho, that's for sure. In order to keep consistency.

It's essentially the same game with (maybe) some TLOU 2 gameplay features on top and better textures and lighting. The level design, character cutscene movement, voice acting, and death animations looked 1:1 from trailers and screenshots.

This is as close to a Bluepoint-style of remake as you can get.
We dont know about level design and death animations just yet. What death animation? The clicker jumping on Joel was scripted

Level design may have changed a little. From comparison videos you can see that the background in some cutscenes were completely changed sometimes.

Same level design with more geometry + better lighting + better animations and gameplay is just what I need, personaly

Nautilus

Banned
Not happening. Ashley and Troy didnt even know about the remake until the announcement.

If they were called to reprise their roles for new cutscenes/voice acting they would have known about the game + would have re-acted some cutscenes

Neil told us that the new animations are all handmade by animators using the original mocap recordings

They will be changing the hospital scene for the one used in TLOU 2 tho, that's for sure. In order to keep consistency.

We dont know about level design and death animations just yet. What death animation? The clicker jumping on Joel was scripted

Level design may have changed a little. From comparison videos you can see that the background in some cutscenes were completely changed sometimes.

Same level design with more geometry + better lighting + better animations and gameplay is just what I need, personaly
Hope thats true!

I hope you are right, especially with some of the more frustrating moments that needed to be balanced out better.

I know some may find it hard to believe but as was shown in the trailer, for all working and unbiased eyes to see is that its just a graphical overhaul with left behind thrown in. Any concerns or apprehension should be taken to the nearest dumpster and tossed out cause it's dumb. With respect though. 🙏 God 🙌

SteadyEvo

People are splashing 100 bucks on this game? Is it not in the ps plus collection?
Unbelievable.
That version has aged like shit. Tried replaying it but the graphics were disgusting. I’ll wait and pay full price for the updated graphics and frame rate.

More power to those who are cool with outdated visuals but it’s not my cup of tea.

Keep up the good work ND. Game is a classic

That version has aged like shit. Tried replaying it but the graphics were disgusting. I’ll wait and pay full price for the updated graphics and frame rate.

More power to those who are cool with outdated visuals but it’s not my cup of tea.

Keep up the good work ND. Game is a classic
You talking about the remastered version? Aged like shit? Who let the dogs out? Seriously like shit though? Can we tone the hyperbole down a notch. Just say you'd love a remake.

Edit: Just a suggestion and not me telling you what to do. Godspeed

Last edited:
Top Bottom