• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us Remake Gameplay has leaked

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
No, you have the description of what the game will offer straight from the developers. It's the list you marked as false, point by point.

And what exactly do you think you're seeing in the video? Final build? What's the context? Or does context not matter?

You know this isn't how the world works. And again, what exactly do you think you know?

"This may not be true but HOLY SHIT WE'RE ALL GOING TO DIE TOMORROW!!!!"
Ask the mods to close this thread then.

Elios83

So not low effort, and not big scope like ff7r. So why does it cost the same as ff7r?

Because clearly the publisher believes the quality of the game and the work they have done on the remake warrants it?
Consumers will decide if it's worth it and it's totally subjective.
Nintendo has released simple Wii U remasters at full price for the whole gen and guess what they sold a ton.
If I had never played the game knowing the quality of the whole experience I'd buy it instantly at full price.
But since I've already finished it twice and I perfectly remember all the story and all the sections I don't feel like playing it again so I'll try it next year when it hits Plus Extra/Premium.

Draugoth

Gold Member
Z8ISGBk.gif

image.png

ChiefDada

Gold Member
Ask the mods to close this thread then.

I don't think shutting down dialog entirely is ever the answer. As I mentioned before, I find the leaks interesting and there are areas of discussion to be had, like when we both discussed lighting and artistic style the other day. But when people take the leaks at face value without context and wave it around as justification for labeling the developers as liars, I think that is a step too far and unwarranted imo. And if you're honest with yourself, I think you will agree that is what this conversation has turned into for the most part. Again I love seeing your passion here it often brings me amusement and knowledge I otherwise wouldn't have. Just feel in this case you and others took it a bit too far. It's not so much the accusations (companies lie very often and should be called out when they do), but more so the basis for them being so shoddy.

Draugoth

Gold Member

kITJM4c.jpg

VGR3Rmk.jpg

BLQEpgz.jpg

Zpur48G.jpg

I don't think shutting down dialog entirely is ever the answer. As I mentioned before, I find the leaks interesting and there are areas of discussion to be had, like when we both discussed lighting and artistic style the other day. But when people take the leaks at face value without context and wave it around as justification for labeling the developers as liars, I think that is a step too far and unwarranted imo. And if you're honest with yourself, I think you will agree that is what this conversation has turned into for the most part. Again I love seeing your passion here it often brings me amusement and knowledge I otherwise wouldn't have. Just feel in this case you and others took it a bit too far. It's not so much the accusations (companies lie very often and should be called out when they do), but more so the basis for them being so shoddy.

It's literally the same game from 2013 with a new makeup, it's not even a Pokémon style Remake. Unless you never played TLOUS, the leaks wont impact this game's release as much as it would for a game like Starfield or Ragnarok.

Ulysses 31

He's literally looking in the same direction. The comparison shots you shared are completely different. But like I said earlier.
TLOU2 Joel clearly looks on the sad side while TLOU1 Joel doesn't even when looking in the same direction. But that's me.
It even explained during the final cutscene that Joel didn't have regret because he would do it all over again. So you guys are completely reaching.
So why would he look sad in the prologue if he practically states he has 0 regrets? TLOU2 is at odds with itself.

ckaneo

Because clearly the publisher believes the quality of the game and the work they have done on the remake warrants it?
Consumers will decide if it's worth it and it's totally subjective.
Nintendo has released simple Wii U remasters at full price for the whole gen and guess what they sold a ton.
If I had never played the game knowing the quality of the whole experience I'd buy it instantly at full price.
But since I've already finished it twice and I perfectly remember all the story and all the sections I don't feel like playing it again so I'll try it next year when it hits Plus Extra/Premium.
Sony has been trying to become like Nintendo more and more when it comes to pricing and discounts. It sucks. Nintendo actually stops me from buying so many non evergreen title's because they flat out refuse to give real discounts. It's why the sales of the their series outside of their heavy hitters NEVER past a few million whereas even meh title's do for others.

Microsoft was noticeably silent on the push for 70 dollar games but Microsoft was full speed ahead even for crossgen titles

ckaneo

TLOU2 Joel clearly looks on the sad side while TLOU1 Joel doesn't even when looking in the same direction. But that's me.

So why would he look sad in the prologue if he practically states he has 0 regrets? TLOU2 is at odds with itself.
Mam why would someone look sad during a zombie apocalypse.

Clearly there is a mystery we must solve

Stooky

Has it gone gold? Is it up for pre-order? So why not show the gameplay? They even said it has “modern gameplay”.

Seems like they want to mislead people. No reason to not show gameplay of a remake that is already finished, especially when asking for $70.

You need to relax, buddy. No reason to get so bent out of shape. You can still have do a midnight countdown and be hyped to pay full price for this.
Lol damn you got all the answers. Why are you posting all these million dollar ideas here ? You should start your marketing firm show this industry how it’s done! 😑

They released ONE announcement trailer. You know they release multiple trailers when it gets close to release. They said they would talk more about it more later. We’re still months away from release. Relax go play some games.

Last edited:

scydrex

I don't pay a full price for games anymore. I will say this... I see lot of people saying the price is to high. I hope those people haven't brought Mario Kart 8 for Switch at full price a 2014 game isn't? Or Zelda Skyward at full price. How much have Mario Kart 8 sold? How old is it? When it launched what was the full price? I see more people saying the TLOU part 1 remake price is to high and i see less people saying those Nintendo re-release games were to expensive or the price were too high. And still Nintendo does this more than Sony or MS and the sell a millions and millions of games.

Last edited:

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force

He looks sad in the screenshot I shared, too. It's the same exact scene.

Did Joel tell Ellie that he regretted his decision in the end or not?

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
I don't think he looks sad in the TLOU1 part. 🤷‍♂️

It's implied he doesn't regret it when he says he'd do it all over again.
So you're assuming based on his facial expression which doesn't equate to regret. The final scene shows he didn't regret his decision because he would do it all over again. People who regret want to change what they did in the past.

93xfan

Banned
Lol damn you got all the answers. Why are you posting all these million dollar ideas here ? You should start your marketing firm show this industry how it’s done! 😑

They released ONE announcement trailer. You know they release multiple trailers when it gets close to release. They said they would talk more about it more later. We’re still months away from release. Relax go play some games.
It must’ve been tough to admit that, so I appreciate it. The firm isn’t hiring at this time, but you can send an application and we’ll hold on to it.

Now for a small recap:
Everyone get hyped!! Remaking one of your favorite games!! Look at these visuals and animations!!

You say you want to see gameplay? Well… Uh… it’s really… great and nice. Trust us. Please give us the $70 and you can see for yourself.

Ulysses 31

So you're assuming based on his facial expression which doesn't equate to regret. The final scene shows he didn't regret his decision because he would do it all over again. People who regret want to change what they did in the past.
What are we arguing here exactly? TLOU1 Joel doesn't look like he's regretting anything and TLOU2 at the end seems to confirm it but TLOU2 prologue Joel seems to contradict that.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Well, what are your thoughts now that the leak was basically confirmed? Final game looks the same as the leaks.

Is this really the best they can do with the PS5?

blacktout

Nintendo actually stops me from buying so many non evergreen title's because they flat out refuse to give real discounts. It's why the sales of the their series outside of their heavy hitters NEVER past a few million whereas even meh title's do for others.

I'm not sure what you mean by "a few million," but 14 Nintendo-published Switch titles have sold over ten million units. 19 have sold over 5 million units. You might not personally like it, but the "sell almost every game for $60 and keep price cuts infrequent and small" strategy has been working for them. It makes financial sense for Sony to pursue a similar strategy this gen, even though that sucks for us.

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
What are we arguing here exactly? TLOU1 Joel doesn't look like he's regretting anything and TLOU2 at the end seems to confirm it but TLOU2 prologue Joel seems to contradict that.
I share the same screenshot and you're trying to tell me their facial expressions are different. If someone looks at those two screenshots and try to convince me they're different, then it's clear they have an agenda.

Ulysses 31

I share the same screenshot and you're trying to tell me their facial expressions are different. If someone looks at those two screenshots and try to convince me they're different, then it's clear they have an agenda.
Yes I think they're different enough, the eyes is one of the big things that set the expressions apart between the 2 screenshots.

ckaneo

I'm not sure what you mean by "a few million," but 14 Nintendo-published Switch titles have sold over ten million units. 19 have sold over 5 million units. You might not personally like it, but the "sell almost every game for $60 and keep price cuts infrequent and small" strategy has been working for them. It makes financial sense for Sony to pursue a similar strategy this gen, even though that sucks for us.
You just posted their heavy hitters lol

ChiefDada

Gold Member
Well, what are your thoughts now that the leak was basically confirmed? Final game looks the same as the leaks.

So final game looks the same as the leaks (I disagree), which you thought looked worse than TLOU2???

Anyways, I think the terrible compression of the leaks took so much away from what is going on. I think it looks noticeably better than TLOU2. If you show me gameplay from this and TLOU2 no doubt I can easily tell you which is which.

Based on what they have shown today, this looks to be the most compelling next gen experience in totality, when all gameplay aspects/features are taken into account, and that's all I've been wanting since I purchased my PS5.

Is this really the best they can do with the PS5?

Of course not. Would I and do I expect more from TLOU 3/next IP? Yes, naturally. But at least they are delivering a next gen experience. I mean, love the matrix demo too, but it'll be nice to see framerate not tank to 15fps with next gen physics interactions.

blacktout

You just posted their heavy hitters lol

19 games! How many publishers have 19 titles that have have sold over 5 million copies in one (incomplete) generation? I feel like your definition of "heavy hitter" is literally "any game that sells well," which makes your argument insanely circular and says nothing about the effectiveness of their pricing strategy.

To go back to your original post:
It's why the sales of the their series outside of their heavy hitters NEVER past a few million whereas even meh title's do for others.

Please list some of these "meh" titles that regularly sell over five million units for other publishers thanks to aggressive price cuts.

supernova8

Banned
Looks fine but not blown away, definitely not next gen

And they don’t have cutscene quality character models in gameplay either

To their credit it (along with God of War) still looks substantially more next-gen than 90% of the absolute (visual) shit we've had since the PS5 and XSX came out. The fact that we've still seen nothing eclipse RDR2 is kinda embarassing at this point.

Last edited:
To their credit it (along with God of War) still looks substantially more next-gen than 90% of the absolute (visual) shit we've had since the PS5 and XSX came out. The fact that we've still seen nothing eclipse RDR2 is kinda embarassing at this point.

Ratchet, Horizon, and Demons Souls are far better than RDR2, which isn’t that impressive visually

Last edited:

PanzerAzel

Looks good. Nice to see ai and destruction improvements. Was expecting the full TLoU 2 suite, but this isn’t bad.
This does ease the sting and show that the improvements aren’t minuscule, but it begs the question all the more as to why the combat has been left so (comparatively) untouched?

If these leaks are legit (and I see no reason why they wouldn‘t be), there’s SO much more they could’ve incorporated from II’s encounters and AI design.

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
Looks good. Nice to see ai and destruction improvements. Was expecting the full TLoU 2 suite, but this isn’t bad.

The funniest bit from the presentation is when they’re bragging how materials have properties you expect and on the screen you see Ellie throwing explosive into a room. Glass breaks but wooden planks stay intact. I was like dude, are you serious?

Last edited:

supernova8

Banned
Ratchet, Horizon, and Demons Souls are far better than RDR2, which isn’t that impressive visually
First, I said 90%. I agree Ratchet looks amazing (although it's a totally different artstyle so not good for a direct comparison). With Horizon FW I think the character models and dino-robots look better but the environments only look marginally better (I'm definitely not sold on your "far better" claim). Plus I think there's a mismatch between the details on the character models and the detail in the environments (ie the models look a bit out of place at times).

Demons Souls hmmm.. yeah it looks good but for something that is essentially a linear hack n slash in (often) confined corridors I expected more.

I suppose the flipped around argument would be that RDR2 is sort of an outlier on last gen, and thus the games you cited do look significantly better than most last-gen games, which is a fair comment too.

Last edited:

GymWolf

The funniest bit from the presentation is when they’re bragging how materials have properties you expect and on the screen you see Ellie throwing explosive into a room. Glass breaks but wooden planks stay intact. I was like dude, are you serious?
You silly dude, the plank is needed for this part so you can't just break it

V6VALcB.jpg

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
You silly dude, the plank is needed for this part so you can't just break it

V6VALcB.jpg

Shit, you're right. I forgot about these mind bending environmental puzzles and thumb stretching traversal challenges. Next-gen level and gameplay design on display here.

In reality the only reason why most of this shit is in the game is to hide loading.

Akuji

That's the funniest part.
Like even if that leaked footage was 6 months old, in no way they would be able to implement new combat and traversal mechanics, as well as animations in a final release.
well if they just migrate systems and have been doing the groundwork for doing it it COULD be a matter of hours/days to implement.

But they probably wont, otherwise they wouldve waited with footage to show it intact.

Game looks great as is imo. If someone doesnt way to pay the money, sure. Its your money do whatever you want with it.
But capitalism allows for it so theres nothing wrong with it. lol all those cry babies. Something isnt priced as you want it to be, dont fucking bother with the product.
Giving all those hate stuff makes it only that people all over the net knows about the games, will increase the sales :D people never understand.

DavidGzz

I was going to get it no problem when I thought it was getting all the upgrades the sequel had but I'll wait for a sale now. My money is going to the new Saints Row instead. The previews make it look like a blast.

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
Don't look much different than the PS4 version which was a PS3 enhanced game. 🤷‍♂️
But you have a souls avatar.

From are the most technically illiterate studio around and their games literally look like ps3 games. Can’t take you seriously with this

M1987

But you have a souls avatar.

From are the most technically illiterate studio around and their games literally look like ps3 games. Can’t take you seriously with this
Elden ring is a great game, but graphically it looks no better than a early PS4 game.To say this looks no better than the remaster is weird. Just from what I have seen so far it's in the top 3 best looking games ever made to date, alongside Forbidden West and TLOU2

Top Bottom