• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us: Remastered MP |OT| For the love of god please stop running.

Finally ready to hop in on the PS4 train. Loved Last of us on the PS3, but wasted to ask something. How is the online player pool on PS4? I enjoy collecting trophies, so are there still enough players out there for getting all the online trophies?

Finally ready to hop in on the PS4 train. Loved Last of us on the PS3, but wasted to ask something. How is the online player pool on PS4? I enjoy collecting trophies, so are there still enough players out there for getting all the online trophies?

The player pool is pretty big; I can get into a match relatively quickly at any point in a day. At any rate, it shouldn't give you any problems trophy wise.

I encountered something suspicious on PS3. One of the times where video recording could have helped greatly. This person was using the assault rifle and killed me and a teammate with a headshot. I thought nothing of it because they were in very close range.

Then they continued to kill me and my teammates with the thing, except they instantly executed after what could not have been more than 3-4 shots. This wasn't close range either. I got instantly executed on the walkway of HS while they were on ground level by the bus to my right, while I had a helmet on (which did not break). Basically, if they saw you it was over in a second, no downs just executions in a couple shots.

I wish I had video, but it screamed bs to me.

Portugeezer

Gold Member
I encountered something suspicious on PS3. One of the times where video recording could have helped greatly. This person was using the assault rifle and killed me and a teammate with a headshot. I thought nothing of it because they were in very close range.

Then they continued to kill me and my teammates with the thing, except they instantly executed after what could not have been more than 3-4 shots. This wasn't close range either. I got instantly executed on the walkway of HS while they were on ground level by the bus to my right, while I had a helmet on (which did not break). Basically, if they saw you it was over in a second, no downs just executions in a couple shots.

You know, I have experienced matches in which it seems people die a lot quicker and get instantly executed. I don't know if it's a bug, my imagination, or if more headshots are getting landed than usual, but I have experienced similar to what you are describing (on PS4).

After months of not playing, I decided to jump into a match or two this weekend...ending up playing about 20... This is probably my favorite multiplayer game on PS4. So good.

Wowbagger

Players with custom firmware can run all kinds of hacks on PS3. I once ran into a guy who had infinite bombs; couldn't take a single step without first checking for clusters of bombs in listen mode.

I think what you describe could just be a weird result of lag, though. Extreme lag can result in hilarious situations like the AOE of molotovs being the entire map or smoke bombs executing players at full health, like shown in this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_e_wNt5-W-Q

I believe what you see in that video is a result of lag, since, to my knowledge, the security of the PS4 hasn't been broken yet and, therefore, running hacks isn't possible.

Portugeezer

Gold Member
I have a problem with the trigger eating shots.

I went up against someone using the Enforcer, I also use it, but he was firing consistently fast. When I use the Enforcer it is fast but not that fast; a lot of the semi auto weapons seem to eat shots and fire slower.

Is it because I'm not using R1 to shoot? Too late to change now if that's the case.

Anung

Un Rama
I have a problem with the trigger eating shots.

I went up against someone using the Enforcer, I also use it, but he was firing consistently fast. When I use the Enforcer it is fast but not that fast; a lot of the semi auto weapons seem to eat shots and fire slower.

Is it because I'm not using R1 to shoot? Too late to change now if that's the case.

Me and my friends having noticing this issue as well but with varying weapons. I've out drew someone with the enforcer but they seem to be able to fire ridiculously fast with the revolver.

Alright this is my first time actually going to a TLOU MP board -- is it just generally accepted how OP the tactical shotgun is? For the last couple nights I've been running with TacShot + Scavenger 3 + Strategist 3 on interrogation and I've been a parts-gathering monster.

Gray Matter

Alright this is my first time actually going to a TLOU MP board -- is it just generally accepted how OP the tactical shotgun is? For the last couple nights I've been running with TacShot + Scavenger 3 + Strategist 3 on interrogation and I've been a parts-gathering monster.

I personally HATE the tac shotgun. Before that gun was released I was adamant that there was no OP weapon, but this gun is OP.

I ONLY bring it out if the opposite team is spamming with it, but other than that I hardly use it. The range on it is crazy. It's too easy, along with the burst rifle.

I personally HATE the tac shotgun. Before that gun was released I was adamant that there was no OP weapon, but this gun is OP.

Alright, well I'm glad I'm not the only one. I got sick of dying to it so I caved in and bought it -- now I'm drunk with power and can't stop smoking fools with it.

Alright, well I'm glad I'm not the only one. I got sick of dying to it so I caved in and bought it -- now I'm drunk with power and can't stop smoking fools with it.

Lol

PSN: Billions_Knives

Add me and I'll try to join up. I play just about everyday. Me and Gumbie have been looking for more GAF members.

I also agree on the Semi Auto, but I mainly play with the Variable Rifle. It's my go to when up against a really good team in Supply Raid or Interrogations. Non silenced, Scavenger 3

I've also been trying to get better with the Hunting Rifle but I cannot for the life of me figure out the drag shot. It's hit or miss for me, unless my sensitivity is too high.

AKyemeni

Tactical shotgun users are the easiest to kill. Just hug behind cover and they can't get you. It's not worth the 3 LP, IMO.

I have not had much success with tacky. It was a waste of money, honestly.

I've also been trying to get better with the Hunting Rifle but I cannot for the life of me figure out the drag shot. It's hit or miss for me, unless my sensitivity is too high.
You need to try to learn where the reticle is before you aim. I probably would not start with max sensitivity at first. Start lower until you start getting used to it. Just practice, you will get better. Check out some vids on youtube as well. SanchoWest has some great guides too.

I have not had much success with tacky. It was a waste of money, honestly.

You need to try to learn where the reticle is before you aim. I probably would not start with max sensitivity at first. Start lower until you start getting used to it. Just practice, you will get better. Check out some vids on youtube as well. SanchoWest has some great guides too.

Thanks. I just found out about "pre aiming" before aiming down sights with the camera. Hawk eye two is helping but I don't want to rely on that or sharpshooter.

BankyConan

Neo Member
Hard to get party lately and getting tired of teammates who never back me up or revive. Add me if anymore needs a decent team player. BankyConan

Portugeezer

Gold Member
A fully upgraded tactical shotgun is a beast. I would say OP, but then I have also found some other weapons to be really good when upgraded, like the burst rifle with them headshots is crazy good, especially from those accidental headshots from the kickback when getting shot.

A fully upgraded tactical shotgun is a beast. I would say OP, but then I have also found some other weapons to be really good when upgraded, like the burst rifle with them headshots is crazy good, especially from those accidental headshots from the kickback when getting shot.

The way I see it, the threat level of a player can be placed on a spectrum. At one end is 'only gets bodyshots with e.g. a full auto' and the other end is 'frequently gets headshots with anything that benefits from headshots e.g. a burst rifle'. I believe the tactical shotgun falls right in the middle. In other words, putting the tactical shotgun in the hands of an 'average' player will improve their game while doing the same to a 'good' player will make them less dangerous.

The tactical shotgun has some significant flaws that, I believe, outweigh its strengths. That said, it's a decent choice for newcomers and for good players who are having an off day.

So, after almost 10+ months, I finally finished The Last of Us.
Wow. Words fail me.

At first, I felt like this game's narrative was rather basic and predictable, with plot twists and encounters coming off as dull and repetitive. That was until Winter's
scene where you control Ellie.
As the game progressed from that point, I couldn't help but care about the characters and actually worry about the predicaments they were facing.
Then we get to the ending.
Holy shit.
Such a fantastic way to deal with that.
No choices or "choose your own adventure" or anything of the sort.
Joel does what he wants because he can't live without Ellie.
It's that simple.

What really messed me up is how long it took me to shoot that doctor.
I waited there, aiming at him, and he wouldn't back down.
I didn't want to kill him, but the game wanted me too.
I could only move forward.
Honestly, I think I spent like, 10 minutes thinking about how I had to shoot this guy before I actually did it.

What an ending.

So, after almost 10+ months, I finally finished The Last of Us.
Wow. Words fail me.

At first, I felt like this game's narrative was rather basic and predictable, with plot twists and encounters coming off as dull and repetitive. That was until Winter's
scene where you control Ellie.
As the game progressed from that point, I couldn't help but care about the characters and actually worry about the predicaments they were facing.
Then we get to the ending.
Holy shit.
Such a fantastic way to deal with that.
No choices or "choose your own adventure" or anything of the sort.
Joel does what he wants because he can't live without Ellie.
It's that simple.

What really messed me up is how long it took me to shoot that doctor.
I waited there, aiming at him, and he wouldn't back down.
I didn't want to kill him, but the game wanted me too.
I could only move forward.
Honestly, I think I spent like, 10 minutes thinking about how I had to shoot this guy before I actually did it.

What an ending.
It's nice to hear that you liked it. One of my favourite gaming experiences ever, that's for sure.

Perhaps you should try posting this in the appropriate OT as that would be a better place for this kind of stuff than this multiplayer focused one.

If you enjoyed the gameplay found in the singleplayer, be sure to try out the multiplayer as many of the mechanics are shared between the two.

The way I see it, the threat level of a player can be placed on a spectrum. At one end is 'only gets bodyshots with e.g. a full auto' and the other end is 'frequently gets headshots with anything that benefits from headshots e.g. a burst rifle'. I believe the tactical shotgun falls right in the middle. In other words, putting the tactical shotgun in the hands of an 'average' player will improve their game while doing the same to a 'good' player will make them less dangerous.

The tactical shotgun has some significant flaws that, I believe, outweigh its strengths. That said, it's a decent choice for newcomers and for good players who are having an off day.

It feels like upgraded Burst Rifle + Sharpshooter is extremely powerful in the hands of a skilled player, but you still need to devote 4-5 points on a perk to make that build feasible. The TacShot only takes 3 points and is superior in close quarters to anything other than skill+headshots -- even unupgraded it's a beast.

Can we have another GAF tournament!

I love playing this game still, and it was at its best when we had the tournament last year.

Just dont tell Triplewrecks and his pals about it lol

I think I may have lost my way with the semi auto.

Variable rifle is awesome tho, my go to weapon for a few weeks now.

I tried the Variable Rifle out for a few games last night. Not half bad, though I feel to get the most out of the scope you have to pony up and put some points in Sharpshooter, which I'd rather be using on something like Scavenger. So far my favorite gun combo is Hunting Rifle + Revolver, since they're both pretty good without both upgrades or Sharpshooter. Frontier Rifle is a close second

If some guys could hook up with me in a private match so I can hone my skills that would be great and I would definitely be for a tournament.

Theecliff

Banned
so i finally got round to finishing the single player for this the other day and decided to hop into a multiplayer match. felt pretty lost throughout it and then my whole team fucking rage quit once they died once or twice, leaving it to me against four enemies, and after a while of people not joining i left too.

so is it possible to play as a party with some of you guys? i've heard plenty of good things about this multiplayer and really want to see it for myself but i don't think playing with randoms with no communication is going to help.

Top Bottom