• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us: Remastered MP |OT| For the love of god please stop running.

Portugeezer

Gold Member
So, I recently re-installed TLOU to play some MP, however the last week I haven't gotten any of the DLC maps (beach and finance place)... I know it's easy to miss a map, but in a week?

I've played probably about 15+ hours of MP, just wondering are the treacherous DLC maps automatically downloaded in the patches or do I have to download somewhere from PSN? I can't remember. It just feels like I don't have them installed!

Gray Matter

So, I recently re-installed TLOU to play some MP, however the last week I haven't gotten any of the DLC maps (beach and finance place)... I know it's easy to miss a map, but in a week?

I've played probably about 15+ hours of MP, just wondering are the treacherous DLC maps automatically downloaded in the patches or do I have to download somewhere from PSN? I can't remember. It just feels like I don't have them installed!

They should download automatically.

Portugeezer

Gold Member
Go on private match and select the maps. Should work.

Selecting a DLC map loads up the PS Store and shows me the Treacherous Territories pack store page. It says I have it installed though so I can't download, but if I go back into the game every time I choose any of the DLC maps it takes me to the PS Store page...

Something fucked up.

So now I deleted TLOU and I'm installing it fresh, however the update it downloads is only 356.9MB whereas Treacherous Territories DLC is about 450MB so I am not hopeful that it will install the maps...

Portugeezer

Gold Member
lag-of-usley8p.gif
(can you even get knifed once you're downed? never seen it before)
One I experienced a while back.

Does anyone know how the weapons rank in terms of inflicting damage wobble? I'm curious about how, for example, one shot from a 9mm compares to the revolver. Do headshots make a difference? What about armour?

The primary reason I ask is because I like to do 1v1's with my buddies who are pretty new to the game and I want to use a weapon with weaker damage wobble to give them a little bit more of a chance. For that, I feel that the revolver is probably the best choice but I'm not certain.

Playing solo fucking sucks. People play so fucking selfish.

I often play as a medic. I like to think that selfish players consider playing a support role when they see me at the top of the scoreboard. It's not much, but something is better than nothing.

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
To be honest, I've found the solo community to be fairly amazing and well mannered.. hardly ever selfish.

There is the odd time when some douche is kill stealing everyone, sprinting all the time (which is the worst part IMO) and generally getting everyone dead a lot... but most of the time the players are is great, helpful and fun-loving.

Made some good PSN mates whilst running solo, the Aus/NZ community is pretty active too: hardly ever get put into 'any game', nearly always into 'optimal' or 'close' (mostly Supply Raid, sometimes the others).

If I want factions digitally, I need to first buy Left Behind for $10, then pay another $10 to unlock the full version? Are there no plans for solo digital factions?

Portugeezer

Gold Member
To be honest, I've found the solo community to be fairly amazing and well mannered.. hardly ever selfish.

There is the odd time when some douche is kill stealing everyone, sprinting all the time (which is the worst part IMO) and generally getting everyone dead a lot... but most of the time the players are is great, helpful and fun-loving.

Made some good PSN mates whilst running solo, the Aus/NZ community is pretty active too: hardly ever get put into 'any game', nearly always into 'optimal' or 'close' (mostly Supply Raid, sometimes the others).
People who steal executions probably have the execution challenge going, I know when I do I will sometimes take someones execution, otherwise I leave it.

The level 0's running around everywhere are the worst for me.

But compared to playing in parties, public players will obviously be a bit more selfish.

Business

People who steal executions probably have the execution challenge going, I know when I do I will sometimes take someones execution, otherwise I leave it.

The level 0's running around everywhere are the worst for me.

But compared to playing in parties, public players will obviously be a bit more selfish.

Doesn't have to be 0's or 20's, lately I'm seeing players in their 300's or 400's running to their deaths. Absolutely baffling.

Majin Boo

Ok, so I haven't played TLoU MP since July last year and thought it might be a good time to get back into it, that was before I got my ass handed to me by several people running around with a shotgun I have never seen before. Seems like ND added quite a few weapons and perks and I usually don't care, but what's the deal with the tactical shotgun?! After getting killed the first couple of times by that thing I thought it must be some new rifle, but nope it's a shotgun with ridiculous range, firing speed and damage. I always thought the game was relatively balanced, but that thing is just ridiculous.

Gray Matter

Ok, so I haven't played TLoU MP since July last year and thought it might be a good time to get back into it, that was before I got my ass handed to me by several people running around with a shotgun I have never seen before. Seems like ND added quite a few weapons and perks and I usually don't care, but what's the deal with the tactical shotgun?! After getting killed the first couple of times by that thing I thought it must be some new rifle, but nope it's a shotgun with ridiculous range, firing speed and damage. I always thought the game was relatively balanced, but that thing is just ridiculous.

Yup, the tac shotgun just threw this game out of balance a little.

oo7

Never touched multiplayer on this. Decided to start playing it Friday. Love it. I'm like a level 8 now and am at the top of the room above 200s and 300s. I'm a headshot master!

Questions for people who have been at this since day one:

Do you ever wish armor was not part of factions?
Is there a competitive scene for this game, if so are you involved?
Do you feel that factions is underrated compared to other pvp shooters?

Gray Matter

yes and no. I hate it when I rush a player and they have armor on, but there's a loophole to beating armor.

GAF had a tournament after the launch of the remaster, it was fun. Not sure if there are any other sites/groups hosting tournaments.

yes, extremely. This game makes you think carefully of your movements, makes you plan ahead, and keeps you at your toes at all times, unlike call of duty/battlefield/destiny where it's mostly point and shoot, but that's just one mans opinion.

Not really, otherwise everyone would buy more ammo and TLOU MP would be Uncharted-ified (not that it isn't already with Scavenger, but whatever).

Just shoot their legs. ;)

No, I don't give a fuck about FN. Every single public match is filled with triple-digit sweaty tryhards and/or single-digit alts, so it's basically the same thing!

Yeah, it's extremely underrated and the player pool is indicative of that fact. Too bad Sony didn't fund a Subway beta or something like that. Even a F2P client could help...

yes, extremely. This game makes you think carefully of your movements, makes you plan ahead, and keeps you at your toes at all times, unlike call of duty/battlefield/destiny where it's mostly point and shoot, but that's just one mans opinion.

Yeah, it's extremely underrated and the player pool is indicative of that fact. Too bad Sony didn't fund a Subway beta or something like that. Even a F2P client could help...

Agree and thanks for the armor tips! After putting many hours into factions I am shocked more people don't mention this game when talking about great pvp shooters. I think it's very underrated.

I hope Uncharted 4's mp will be more tactical like Factions.

Business

Agree and thanks for the armor tips! After putting many hours into factions I am shocked more people don't mention this game when talking about great pvp shooters. I think it's very underrated.

I hope Uncharted 4's mp will be more tactical like Factions.

They had some TLOU elements on the U4 demo so it may lean more towards factions but I'm afraid we will have to wait for a proper TLOU2.

Top Bottom