• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom |OT|

daveonezero

Banned
Just gonna say you get to it like BotW
The shield is a bit bullshit to find. I got spoiled about it otherwise I don't think I'd have ever found it naturally.
Yeah I was spoiled that it was in that area but I looked around and couldn't fine it. But saying it is like BoTW makes me have a bit better idea. I do like how the castle is still like a maze. Climbing to the top was quite epic. Specially after putting a black boss bokoblin horn on my royal guard great sword. So now I have a massive axe.

GigaBowser

The bear of bad news
7nl3do.jpg

lachesis

Darn it! I still am in early part of the game. Just have 7-8 hearts and about to head the Rito village to check out their status. (Decided to go Rito first, because it was mentioned first)

So, my task was to get to the watch tower in that area, and head to Rito village... but found many interesting things, and got side-tracked. So after playing 3-4 hours today, I actually never got to Rito village. At this rate, I may never get to it... lol

Pejo

Man I might be having even more fun in the Depths than I did in the main world. So many cool encounters down there, lots of upgrades, and occasionally good/unique treasure. Some stuff I found that I didn't even know was in the game, like Midna's helmet.

Speaking of, anybody have any good hoverbike designs? I've been pissing with a few things but it never seems to work like I want it or expect it to.

Emedan

Man I might be having even more fun in the Depths than I did in the main world. So many cool encounters down there, lots of upgrades, and occasionally good/unique treasure. Some stuff I found that I didn't even know was in the game, like Midna's helmet.

Speaking of, anybody have any good hoverbike designs? I've been pissing with a few things but it never seems to work like I want it or expect it to.
Two fans and one steering wheel should suffice, do it skewed.
W09LVcG.jpg

Last edited:

GymWolf

Was the water temple extremely framey for everyone else? Like it felt like the game was in the 20s half of the time.

The game is getting worse framerate wise the more i play, going around with all 4 companions is a shitshow during combat.

Nintendo really need a switch 2.

Is the main mission after completing the 4 temples the last one where you fight ganon or there is more to do?

Pejo

Was the water temple extremely framey for everyone else? Like it felt like the game was in the 20s half of the time.

The game is getting worse framerate wise the more i play, going around with all 4 companions is a shitshow during combat.

You should try emulation if you have a capable PC. It' s a game changer.
Is the main mission after completing the 4 temples the last one where you fight ganon or there is more to do?
There's plenty more after that.

Pejo

Setting an emulator is too much work from what i heard and i don't want to deal with glitches and shit.
They've made major strides over the past few weeks now. It's very close to 30FPS right out of the box, and if you get ambitious enough, it only takes 2-3 mods for 60FPS. I won't force your hand, but it feels 100x better playing on my PC than my Switch, and I've been playing on both.

GymWolf

They've made major strides over the past few weeks now. It's very close to 30FPS right out of the box, and if you get ambitious enough, it only takes 2-3 mods for 60FPS. I won't force your hand, but it feels 100x better playing on my PC than my Switch, and I've been playing on both.
Oh i know that it would felt better to play on pc, i'm just too lazy to install and set an emulator and i have no idea where to find an iso of the game to even use it (i have no idea how it works)

thatJohann

I met a guy telling me he needs to build a stable for horses. Do I need to build him a stable to get a horse or does the story give me a horse automatically at some point? Tired of walking long distances.

Pejo

I met a guy telling me he needs to build a stable for horses. Do I need to build him a stable to get a horse or does the story give me a horse automatically at some point? Tired of walking long distances.
If it's the guy in Lookout Landing, the piece you need to fit in to "fix" the stable is right behind it. You can go catch wild horses at any point in the game after you get off the starter sky island. You will also get a "free" one from completing that guy's quest chain, which is fixing his stable and then finding his horse.

GigaBowser

The bear of bad news
Sneak up on horseys in the fields from behinds when crouching then jump on it

GigaBowser

The bear of bad news
I’m finding the game so damn difficult. It’s like my brain can’t figure out what to do in encounters since there’s so many options. Wish there was an easy mode. I keep dying at the depths.
practice basic combats skills, fuse weapons, collect arrows, beat shrines, unlock towers, fairy fountains, make recipes, experimentation with parrys stays away from the depths until your a bit more ready

GymWolf GymWolf

giphy.gif

Thaedolus

Gold Member
I’m finding the game so damn difficult. It’s like my brain can’t figure out what to do in encounters since there’s so many options. Wish there was an easy mode. I keep dying at the depths.
Almost all wooden boxes contain arrows, pick them up with ultra hand and drop them to break them open without breaking your weapons

Ulysses 31

There's these (OP) puff shrooms you can find in the depth that you can throw at enemies so they lose track of you and you can easily sneak attack them.

SCB3

Lightening Temple done, it was a fun Temple all told with a really shit boss, one of the worst in any Zelda game truth be told

Also, Rjiu is best girl!

Kenpachii

it's the game, with 4 companions i hit single digits at times often really. Absolute worst was me going through the sand end solution to the top roof, honestly was watching a slide show for about 30 seconds.

In many area's where botw was already struggling with nothing happening, they now have tons of enemy's and all the attack effects of the guys that help and your own with fire everywhere is rip. can't wait until this game is 100% playable on a emulator. But with the insane amount of content i also feel like redoing the game will be a fucking chore unlike botw where everything was rather simple and easy, now u have multiple layers of insane amounts of shit to do. So yea there's that.

Last edited:

GymWolf

it's the game, with 4 companions i hit single digits at times often really. Absolute worst was me going through the sand end solution to the top roof, honestly was watching a slide show for about 30 seconds.

In many area's where botw was already struggling with nothing happening, they now have tons of enemy's and all the attack effects of the guys that help and your own with fire everywhere is rip. can't wait until this game is 100% playable on a emulator. But with the insane amount of content i also feel like redoing the game will be a fucking chore unlike botw where everything was rather simple and easy, now u have multiple layers of insane amounts of shit to do. So yea there's that.
This only shows how much people should trust df reviews when it comes to framerate, they only play the first 10-15 hours of 100-200 hours games.

They always do this, even with other open worlds.

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
I’ve played 90+ hours

I have two stamina wheels

15 hearts

60 defense with maxed out Diety Armor set

Maxed out batteries

Killed 3 King Gleeoks and Lynell trial in the depths to get that special head piece

I have yet to progress the story past going into the depth for the first time, so zero temples completed. I’m going to take a little break from the game. I have my gear setup so when I come back, my master sword is ready, I have all 50+ damage melee weapons, shields are 50+, and all my bows are white/silver lynel bows, and all that equipment is without any loss of durability. Death Mountain is a great place to repair your gear.

SCB3

Holy shit, I finally made it to Hyrule Castle and beat the boss there, and there still a good few hours of the game left, this is really long!

GymWolf

Yesterday i finally found the barbarian pants so the set is now complete.

Where do i find the specific lynels to upgrade the armours in the fairies? I beated 2-3 of them, but i have zero of what the fairy need.

Are these parts from the lynels in the depth arena?

Ulysses 31

Yesterday i finally found the barbarian pants so the set is now complete.

Where do i find the specific lynels to upgrade the armours in the fairies? I beated 2-3 of them, but i have zero of what the fairy need.

Are these parts from the lynels in the depth arena?
The Lynel colosseum in the depths has every Lynel version.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
I shouldn't have waited so long to advance the main story because you get some handy things like ability to track any shrine, enemy item, and 3 custom fast travel points, which make questing much easier. Must have lost hours waiting to get this stuff.

Ulysses 31

So grinding the arena is the only "fast" way to upgrade the armour?

I'm not sure if wasting all my good weapons for a couple of defense points is a good deal tbh...

Thanks anyway dude.
The trick with Lynel fights it to get a crit on their head and then mount them, the attacks before you get thrown off don't cost weapon durability.

The first time you can get 6 hits in and after that it's 3 before you get thrown off.

Last edited:

GymWolf

The trick with Lynel fights it to get a crit on their head and then mount them, the attacks before you get thrown off don't cost weapon durability.
Really? For the few that i fought i used both this trick and normal melee bashing so i was still breaking weapons, i didn't realized that the mount doesn't consume weapon durability.

Hardensoul

The first time you can get 6 hits in and after that it's 3 before you get thrown off.
GymWolf GymWolf also try t pan your camera when mounted towards the front and has you get thrown off you can bullet time arrows for about 3 more shots to the head! Alternatively if you are good with gyro you can pan to bullet time shots too!

So earlier on I found the Wind Temple myself, and got all the shrines on the way up to it, but hadn’t gotten Tulin yet. So I go get him and then warp to the closest shrine right before all the ships leading to the Temple, and then he immediately says “This is the wrong way,” and he teleports out.
w5sGP5v.jpg

So what now do I have to do the whole section in the sky leading to the Wind Temple again so his AI pathing or whatever allows him to go there?
If so that sucks.

Hardensoul

Yeah i did that thing already i think.
I always keep a fused Knights Claymore flashing red almost broke(this doubles it’s power) in inventory for Lynel hunting.

I need to find better way to hunt those huge constructs I break too many weapons fighting them 😂

Marvel14

Banned
Two fans and one steering wheel should suffice, do it skewed.
W09LVcG.jpg
Still haven't found the dispenser that gives steering wheels and I'm almost 50 hours in!

I know autobuild will take care of it with some Zonaite but I just want the freedom to make new stuff that I can direct!

Robb

Gold Member
So what now do I have to do the whole section in the sky leading to the Wind Temple again so his AI pathing or whatever allows him to go there?
Interesting problem.

I’m having a hard time recalling that section since it’s the first one I did. But I can only remember one ‘story sequence’ early on where Tulin discovers one of the smaller ships. I think it was where the first shrine on the way up is. I guess you can try to go there and see if it triggers.

Otherwise maybe just climb up to that spot and let it trigger and then teleport further up.

Top Bottom