• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom |OT|

Zimmy68

I’m finding the game so damn difficult. It’s like my brain can’t figure out what to do in encounters since there’s so many options. Wish there was an easy mode. I keep dying at the depths.
Just remember, combat isn't always the best way.
Most of the time it doesn't reward you with anything. Degrading a good weapon to earn a rusty sword.
In my playthrough, I don't bother with the normal enemies unless I have to.
But it is smart to learn the combat mechanics for later games (and Lionels).

Interesting problem.

I’m having a hard time recalling that section since it’s the first one I did. But I can only remember one ‘story sequence’ early on where Tulin discovers one of the smaller ships. I think it was where the first shrine on the way up is. I guess you can try to go there and see if it triggers.

Otherwise maybe just climb up to that spot and let it trigger and then teleport further up.
Alright thanks. I figured there’s gotta be some sort of trigger somewhere for him I’m just hoping I don’t have to do the whole Sky platforming again.

Sleepwalker

I'm at the fire temple boss with 2 hearts, no healing items or ingredients, and my weapon sucks ass. I really don't wanna go away and farm stuff though.

Any recommendations of where to find a good weapon? I'm still rocking shitty stuff with 8-11 base power lol

Hardensoul

I'm at the fire temple boss with 2 hearts, no healing items or ingredients, and my weapon sucks ass. I really don't wanna go away and farm stuff though.

Any recommendations of where to find a good weapon? I'm still rocking shitty stuff with 8-11 base power lol
Once you click on the shrine/temple you now have the waypoint port to transport back.

Glide to top floor/throne room of Hyrule castle for weapons. May need extra stamina equivalent to 2nd wheel to reach there. Good luck!

Astral Dog

Yeah its a little annoying since the good ones break in a few hits as well

Just fight a rare ish enemy,like one of those boss moblins or the one eyed giant,they drop tons of things to fuse sticks and swords with ,talk to Hetsu to increase your weapon inventory

You can carry lots of decent tools in little time

Last edited:

Sybrix

Holy smokes this game is way more harder than BOTW

How is a child supposed to solve the Sidon Of The Zora quest without YouTube help?!?! Lol, some of the puzzles at the end of the quest we're very hard, having said that it was so much fun!

Hardensoul

How is a child supposed to solve the Sidon Of The Zora quest without YouTube help?!?! Lol, some of the puzzles at the end of the quest we're very hard, having said that it was so much fun!
Are you saying Nintendo is not for kids!! 😂

Joking aside, loving the puzzles in TotK/BotW can’t say which is better yet. Enemies a little bit tougher now too. I’m still afraid to tackle my first Gleeok.

I’ve been avoiding any Gleeok farming videos because I want to figure them out myself!

Good luck on your adventure!!

GymWolf

I always keep a fused Knights Claymore flashing red almost broke(this doubles it’s power) in inventory for Lynel hunting.

I need to find better way to hunt those huge constructs I break too many weapons fighting them 😂
I think my weapon level is overall too low because they were extremely spongey even with the level 2 attack bonus from the armour i had.

I suffer from that gaming syndrome where you have a fuckload of resources that you save for the final boss, i have so many fucking enemy parts of high level and i never used one, i only barely used the most common that you have in huge quantity.

Like to actually see some real time damage on their health bar and not just invisible chip damage i think you need like a minimum of level 70/80 weapons, mine are all around 30 with a couple being 70 that i never used.

Sleepwalker

Yeah its a little annoying since the good ones break in a few hits as well

Just fight a rare ish enemy,like one of those boss moblins or the one eyed giant,they drop tons of things to fuse sticks and swords with ,talk to Hetsu to increase your weapon inventory

You can carry lots of decent tools in little time

I had a stalnox horn in my inventory, equipped it to a claymore and killed the boss in no time, didnt need to farm healing. Thanks!

GymWolf

Start fusing monster parts into weapons, you can even sort the parts by damage.

Hardensoul

I think my weapon level is overall too low because they were extremely spongey even with the level 2 attack bonus from the armour i had.

I suffer from that gaming syndrome where you have a fuckload of resources that you save for the final boss, i have so many fucking enemy parts of high level and i never used one, i only barely used the most common that you have in huge quantity.

Like to actually see some real time damage on their health bar and not just invisible chip damage i think you need like a minimum of level 70/80 weapons, mine are all around 30 with a couple being 70 that i never used.
I have a Diablo 2 and World of Warcraft loot mentality. So I don’t mind repeat farming weapons and resources. The way the game levels up is by how many high level mobs you defeat will throw better weapons at you. Found Talus farms for gems!!

My only issue is inventory space. For more space I got a house!
Tarrey town quest line to help Mattison

Edit: I’ve neglected searching for Koroks, so my inventory is still low. I passed over too many Korok to find his friend, I just realize after finally starting to do one it gave me 2 Korok seeds! It was a wtf moment! 😂

Last edited:

GymWolf

I have a Diablo 2 and World of Warcraft loot mentality. So I don’t mind repeat farming weapons and resources. The way the game levels up is by how many high level mobs you defeat will throw better weapons at you. Found Talus farms for gems!!

My only issue is inventory space. For more space I got a house!
Tarrey town quest line to help Mattison

Edit: I’ve neglected searching for Koroks, so my inventory is still low. I passed over too many Korok to find his friend, I just realize after finally starting to do one it gave me 2 Korok seeds! It was a wtf moment! 😂
Don't get me wrong, i fight all the time but i just waste good weapons with bad fuses most of the times:lollipop_squinting:

Like i could fuse good weapons with good monster parts but noooo let me just attach this good weapon with a cool effect into a sturdy stick for more durability:lollipop_grinning_sweat:

At least some of the enemies are starting to use those dark blue-ish sturdy sticks that have an higher base damage.

I have the inventory full choke of gems, like in the order of 20+ per type except the super rare diamonds, i'm probably gonna save them as an arrow attachment for the spongier lynels in the arena.

I saved a lot of koroks so i can keep a lot of weapons with me.

Last edited:

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
I'm really struggling to find the light dragon... got all memories but can't pin down the dragon
It's time consuming, but park up in the sky along his route and just wait for him and then jump off on to him.

If you don't want to waste time doing that, just go about the game until you see him, and then position yourself at the best spot where he's projected to pass and board him from the sky. The Glide Armor helps this a lot.

R6Rider

Gold Member
Is there a reason why people hate koroks?

Could we not post clickbait YT videos that use the Fortnite (not exactly) font with gradients?

Do Better Late Night GIF by Kamala Harris

Also, Koroks are lame and that's reason enough lol

Last edited:

Hardensoul

I need to find a good guide for my house's layout, last time I tried it was so ugly I wouldn't even try to sleep in it.
I really wouldn't call what I did a house! :messenger_tears_of_joy: I just bought the display section for wep/arm/bow storage. I didn't even try because I didn't see any windows on any of the structures. So I just have my open bed facing the ocean!

Hardensoul

I get so distracted by just about everything. But the one thing I did try to do was everytime I open a tower I would try to finish the Geograph memories. OMG!!!!
Zelda nooo!! It just makes sense that, that was the first dragon you see falling from the starting Sky island - so, she is carrying the Master Sword recharging it for over 30k yrs? :messenger_loudly_crying::pie_disappointed:

Hardensoul

I shouldn't have waited so long to advance the main story because you get some handy things like ability to track any shrine, enemy item, and 3 custom fast travel points, which make questing much easier. Must have lost hours waiting to get this stuff.
Oh hell! I need to go back and get that! But it's all good, I don't want this ride to end yet. But finding shrines is getting a little tougher now!

Nankatsu

Gold Member
So I did a dungeon (I think), one that you stumble upon when the lady from the first stable (where puah is) breaks a wall. I've went all the way down, after breaking multiple stone walls and that giant skeleton boss, just to arrive into an area full of flower bombs and that's it?

I got all the armor pieces along the way, but the last area in the dungeon is legit a room with flower bombs?

Last edited:

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
So I did a dungeon (I think), one that you stumble upon when the lady from the first stable (where puah is) breaks a wall. I've went all the way down, after breaking multiple stone walls and that giant skeleton boss, just to arrive into an area full of flower bombs and that's it?

I got all the armor pieces along the way, but the last area in the dungeon is legit a room with flower bombs?
It's not a dungeon, it's a road to the castle. Have you looked everywhere? you can break walls of brown, blue, and black colors.

Nankatsu

Gold Member
It's not a dungeon, it's a road to the castle. Have you looked everywhere? you can break walls of brown, blue, and black colors.
I think I did, but I'll have another look around, I guess. Maybe I missed one.

Last edited:

Chastten

Banned
Almost 40 hours in now, unlocked all towers, found most memories, did 58 shrines and just finished the 3th temple (Lightning Temple) and the power-up you get from that one is insanely fun. Honestly, while I'm pretty far into the story at this point, I feel like I still barely scratched the surface of this game. I mean, I completely forgot about the camera, so I just stumbled on that function after 30+ hours.

I see people do stuff, and mention stuff, and I have no clue what they're talking about.

The game obviously doesn't have the same impact as Breath of the Wild did, but it's a fantastic experience that anyone who loved BotW should play.

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
Almost 40 hours in now, unlocked all towers, found most memories, did 58 shrines and just finished the 3th temple (Lightning Temple) and the power-up you get from that one is insanely fun. Honestly, while I'm pretty far into the story at this point, I feel like I still barely scratched the surface of this game. I mean, I completely forgot about the camera, so I just stumbled on that function after 30+ hours.

I see people do stuff, and mention stuff, and I have no clue what they're talking about.

The game obviously doesn't have the same impact as Breath of the Wild did, but it's a fantastic experience that anyone who loved BotW should play.
I'm almost done activating all the light roots in the Depth, I'm 130hrs in. I don't want this to end. I'm leaving some sky island and a fourth temple until I'm mostly done in the Depths. I could be done this weekend. I played too much.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
I couldn’t figure out how to get up to the wind temple so I just used an autobuild flying device to get up there lol.

Aldric

Im done with 3 temples now. How much of the story is left after you are done with the 4 regions quest?
There's a couple of regional challenges left after the initial 4, they're not as long and involved though and then it's the final stretch below Hyrule Castle.

Rex_DX

Gold Member
Finally I just started.

Does anyone else have some really terrible input lag? There's almost a full second pause between input and movement.

This is in docked mode. Handheld mode is much better.

Thought it may be my tv but no other consoles or my pc behave like this.

Dock/Switch/controllers are up to date.

Hardensoul

Finally I just started.

Does anyone else have some really terrible input lag? There's almost a full second pause between input and movement.

What version are you on, version 1.1.1 and 1.1.2 partly fixed some of those issues.

Xcell Miguel

Gold Member
Finally I just started.

It could still be your TV if it has different settings per HDMI input (unless you use the same HDMI port for all consoles).
Does even the Switch menu has a delay ?
Make sure you are in game mode with no frame interpolation enabled when on the Switch.

Rex_DX

Gold Member
It could still be your TV if it has different settings per HDMI input (unless you use the same HDMI port for all consoles).
Does even the Switch menu has a delay ?
Make sure you are in game mode with no frame interpolation enabled when on the Switch.
Yeah it's the same hdmi port for all consoles. Even the menu is laggy.

I'm on a TCL and I don't think it has a game mode.

It never had input lag back when I had an Xbox and PlayStation. So weird. It's really killing the first island.

Last edited:

Laieon

Trying to find a post I swear I saw on here yesterday but can't find now. It was a repost of either something on Twitter or Tiktok, one of the two, and it started out with simple builds and ended with full on aerial combat. Pretty sure it was war themed...

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Trying to find a post I swear I saw on here yesterday but can't find now. It was a repost of either something on Twitter or Tiktok, one of the two, and it started out with simple builds and ended with full on aerial combat. Pretty sure it was war themed...
Probably this. Not that great creations tbh, people have made way better bombers and other stuff.

Sleepwalker

Ended up exploring the snow region and got to the quest with the golden horse, wow this horse controls so smooth and is so fast. My starting horse was a piece of shit so I never used him lol

Also found the 3 headed ice dragon and it nearly 1 shot me, theres no way I can take it down with my current gear.

Hardensoul

Ended up exploring the snow region and got to the quest with the golden horse, wow this horse controls so smooth and is so fast. My starting horse was a piece of shit so I never used him lol

Also found the 3 headed ice dragon and it nearly 1 shot me, theres no way I can take it down with my current gear.
Don’t want to spoil but
That’s Zelda’s horse
I got that horse on BoTW and got transferred to TotK stable since I have the game save file.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
Finished the Bubbul gems stuff last night and got all the rewards from Koltin. That took a while to finish going through all the caves. Luckily I already had 20+ gems from exploring naturally. I think you need 47 or 48 total for everything.

Last edited:
Finished the Bubbul gems stuff last night and got all the rewards from Koltin. That took a while to finish going through all the caves. Luckily I already had 20+ gems from exploring naturally. I think you need 47 or 48 total for everything.
I really don't like the Babbul stuff in this. I don't mind collecting them and trading them, but hate how the NPC gives you monster parts in-between unique items as rewards.

GymWolf

After dinner i think that i'm gonna continue my colossum hunting, yesterday i beated the one with the tall boglins, so 4 or 5 to go.

SCB3

Holy shit this last Boss area is harsh as fuck, Gloom is no joke and of course I didn't bring any gloom restoring stuff ffs, time to beat the final boss on 3 Hearts again

Holy shit this last Boss area is harsh as fuck, Gloom is no joke and of course I didn't bring any gloom restoring stuff ffs, time to beat the final boss on 3 Hearts again
Surprisingly compared to most else in the game he didn't seem to hit that hard. I liked the whole ending area just did it all last night

SCB3

Surprisingly compared to most else in the game he didn't seem to hit that hard. I liked the whole ending area just did it all last night
For me its the lack of any Checkpoints/ability to come back and get more food and healing before returning, I have to do the entire dungeon again, compared to the other ones in the game, its oppressive, keep in mind i have full hearts as well

For me its the lack of any Checkpoints/ability to come back and get more food and healing before returning, I have to do the entire dungeon again, compared to the other ones in the game, its oppressive, keep in mind i have full hearts as well
Yeah I'm sure that was intentional. I did it one go but I can understand that feeling. It is pretty deep in there with some roadblocks meant to drain some resources.

K' Dash

some of the puzzles and things you need to do to get some equipment are complex, I'd kill to see all the data Nintendo is collecting about how everyone is playing the game.

Top Bottom