• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Matrix Trilogy - Larry Wachowski speaks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
XS+ said:
What was so miraculous about what he did in the real world? He wasn't flying and healing people or anything. He couldn't save his eyes or save Trinity from a retarded dying scene, could he? All Neo could do was see and control the machines that were connected to the Source.

I do find it odd that Neo had no power whatsoever in the train station. Why not just model the entire Matrix off of whatever's making the train station 'Anomaly-proof?'

Um, that's what I mean. They never explained why he had control over the machines. If I were suddenly able to control machines at will, I think that would be considered a pretty serious, as well as, unnatural, power.

Although, perhaps you live in some sort of alternate universe where controlling machines through will power alone is a natural occurrence. If so, got any vids?

I assumed it was some sort of "spiritual power", but again, they don't say. It's like making a superhero film, without explaining how he got his powers.

COCKLES said:
Interview with Larry Wachowski (from a longer audio interview) where he post some intresting stuff.

http://www.integralnaked.org/talk.aspx?id=205

As Ken points out, the first movie is fairly easy to grok: everything in the Matrix is bad, everything outside of the Matrix is good. Everyone inside the Matrix is trapped, everyone outside the Matrix is free, and so on. But twenty minutes into part 2, Reloaded, and the audience discovers that the Oracle is a machine program, at which point most people go: um, what?

What had begun as a simple good guy/bad guy movie had just become a complex piece of literature, with different levels of interpretation and a very sophisticated model of reality. Ken suggests that it's not until the last twenty minutes of part 3, Revolutions, that the key to the trilogy is revealed: although—and perhaps because—Neo is physically blind, he sees the machines as luminous, golden light—not quite how the "bad guys" are seen in most movies. And yet Neo is unmistakable in what he says to Trinity: "If you could see them as I see them, they are all made of Light...." Indeed, the machines represent Spirit, but Spirit as alienated and therefore attacking....

Good read for Matrixlogians.

Not sure if this has already been pointed out but those words our not Larry's. There is a guy chatting with him in the interivew/discussions and they are his words. Get your facts right people.

ElyrionX

Dan said:
I'm interested in seeing if these guys ever work again. Not interested as in I want to see more from them, but interested to see if studios hire these guys when they managed to turn a huge success into a relative failure complete with hateful backlashes.

Uhhhh considering that they were the ones who created the "huge success" in the first place, I'm pretty sure they are not worrying about when their next job is going to come along. They merely ruined what they started and they DID start it. Besides, its as not as if Revolutions or Reloaded bombed at the box office or whatever.

If someone as bad as Paul Anderson can continue to be in the movie business, I don't see how anyone else can get left out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom