• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Next Character Fad?

hyperbertha

Counterpoint: In the era of the Wamen we saw in my opinion the greatest video game protagonist come to be. We also saw games of the year won by a father/son story line. And probably the greatest new titles in one of the oldest franchises of all time in Zelda. Just because women are getting main titles doesn't mean they're getting the biggest spotlight, they're just finally being included.

intro-1581383437.jpg
God-of-War-Kratos-Atreus.jpg
zelda-breath-of-the-wild.original.jpg
Women were included just as much back in the day from what I've seen. Just with a different reason.

WellSheet

You forgot this fucking thing as well

littlebigplanet-ps5-3.jpg

Oh. My. God.

Baby Buddha, rejoin us here on earth and help deliver us from these evils.

Fuck me sideways and call me Belinda. That is some Stephen King, Dean Koontz lives under your bed and eats your cat type of nightmare shit.

Happosai

Hold onto your panties
Okay, I may have cherry picked for this image, but you get the idea.

Do you think there will be a new character fad with the next gen? It feels like's we've done everything except sentient objects (GloverLOL).

Zb3WbBt.jpg
I was scrolling this picture slowly and about to type...what's left; then, you went and put that WTF era there. I can't even think, now. Just laughing 😆

Of the these three fads the generic action man is the least inspired.

Alloy looks a bit retarded, ME lady looks very retarded and something is really wrong about that Gears lady but I don't know what it is (I think it's the hair).

Volcano High is an abomination and must be stopped.

I hope the next fad is normal looking people with proper facial animation like Ellie.
Can we please pretend Volcano High doesn't exist?

This will always be volcano high, not that furry abomination.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
I think trans-ish? We seem to be veering off into a territory where most women characters no longer look all that feminine.

ZywyPL

Banned
All that effort OP, and yet you forgot about the most obvious "Mu Strong Maam", I'm disappointed...

o47MM7Q.jpg

PS. Than god that "bold guy no. 3247" PS360 era is over.

Last edited:
Top Bottom