• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official NeoGAF "Introduce Yourself" Thread

Dream-Knife

Banned
Hi guys. I've been looking for a quality gaming forum that isn't all 'orange man bad' that every media related discussion place has devolved into. I've heard of this site for a long time, but never really looked into it because of hearing it was connected to another notorious site. Browsing the forum however, I was pleasantly surprised to see great discussions taking place. Thank you for having me.

RockOn

Name: Marty

Job: DJ & ebay seller

Consoles owned: PS4 Pro Spidey Edt/PS5, Switch, several PC's & retro consoles(too many to list)

Game Genre Tastes: Driving/Action/RTS/Fighting/Sport/Puzzle/Platformer

Fav Games: Rocket League, Super Stardust, Resogun, Tetris, Mario Kart, Tekken 7, Uncharted Series.

Music tastes: Rock/Metal/Grunge/60s/70s/80s/90s

Fav Bands/Artists: Queen, AC/DC, Bon Jovi, Metallica, Iron Maiden, Guns n Roses, Nirvana, Pearl Jam, SoundGarden, Black Sabbath, Ozzy Osbourne, Billy Idol, Def Leppard, Europe, Scorpions, Led Zeppelin, The Who, The Kinks, Pink Floyd, Inxs, Savage Garden, Depeche Mode, Phil Collins, Genesis, Rush, Whitesnake, Motley Crew, The beatles and others.

Movie Tastes: Action/Sci Fi/Horror/Martial arts

Fav Movie: Aliens, Wrong Turn(All), Terminator 1 & 2, Startrek(all)

Fav Sports: Boxing, UFC/MMA, Darts, Snooker, Tennis, F1, Rallying

Sports I hate: Football(Soccer), Golf, Cricket, Nascar, American Football, BasketBall, Baseball(Rounders)

Hello, I'm the Crimson Adventurer. I mostly play JRPG's like Y's, Trails Series, Pokemon, Final Fantasy and especially Fire Emblem.
Been mostly a Nintendo fella until I got the PS5 (After buying a ps3 and vita I called it quits on getting a PS4. What a mistake that was).
The games I'm looking forward to are the two Sinnoh games we're getting, even the faithful remake and Final Fantasy XVI.

It's a pleasure to be able to be part of this community.

Hello there, fellow NEOgaf members. My name is Jacob. I have been gaming for nearly 35 years, having multiple #1 Ranks in the World for competitive gaming, broken over 10 to 15 world records on gaming, and at one point, even ran for Congress. I'm looking forward to engaging the NEOgaf community in a positive and constructive way, despite political leanings and/or opinions. I hope to have a fair and balanced dialogue with other users, and I mean that very sincerely!

OnionSnake

Banned
Hello, I'm the Crimson Adventurer. I mostly play JRPG's like Y's, Trails Series, Pokemon, Final Fantasy and especially Fire Emblem.
Been mostly a Nintendo fella until I got the PS5 (After buying a ps3 and vita I called it quits on getting a PS4. What a mistake that was).
The games I'm looking forward to are the two Sinnoh games we're getting, even the faithful remake and Final Fantasy XVI.

Welcome! I'm also quite looking forward the new Sinnoh games. The DSlite and Pokemon Diamond was the first system I bought with money I earned at my part time job in high school and spent 100s of hours playing online with my friends and trading on the GTS. Hoping the Switch versions capture the magic!

Good to have you aboard, Crimson Adventurer! What's your favorite Final Fantasy?

Welcome! I'm also quite looking forward the new Sinnoh games. The DSlite and Pokemon Diamond was the first system I bought with money I earned at my part time job in high school and spent 100s of hours playing online with my friends and trading on the GTS. Hoping the Switch versions capture the magic!
Likewise. Diamond and Pearl aren't my first Pokemon games but they're honestly the ones I cherish the most. I used to trade as well in GTS and battle a lot in Battle Revolution. Let's keep hoping they come out capturing the same magic of the OG (y).

Good to have you aboard, Crimson Adventurer! What's your favorite Final Fantasy?
Honestly, the overrepresented FF7R :messenger_grinning_sweat: . Back when I finished Crisis Core I tried to play the original FF7 and I really couldn't do it. It's not the games fault but it just felt so dated. So when I finally saw how they were "remaking" it (I know that's a touchy word for some), I was beyond hyped, and it didn't disappoint. It felt somewhat like crisis core but also felt and looked a whole lot better. After FFXVI comes out (Currently have a lot of backlog to get through with other series) I'm planning on trying out FFVIII, even though it's dated as well I've always wanted to play Squall's game.

Honestly, the overrepresented FF7R :messenger_grinning_sweat: . Back when I finished Crisis Core I tried to play the original FF7 and I really couldn't do it. It's not the games fault but it just felt so dated. So when I finally saw how they were "remaking" it (I know that's a touchy word for some), I was beyond hyped, and it didn't disappoint. It felt somewhat like crisis core but also felt and looked a whole lot better. After FFXVI comes out (Currently have a lot of backlog to get through with other series) I'm planning on trying out FFVIII, even though it's dated as well I've always wanted to play Squall's game.
Well, Final Fantasy VIII was remastered for modern platforms last year but suffers from performance issues apparently. I couldn't get into the original personally but only because I hated the Junction system. Final Fantasy VII, IX, and X were much more fun leveling up and fighting monsters, in my opinion.

But yeah I'm also curious to see more of Final Fantasy XVI. What little we've seen so far, including the story, looks really good.

Last edited:
S

Sidney Prescott

Unconfirmed Member
Welcome to all the new folks.

I hope you stick around.

welcome captain GIF

Maddison_Jay

Neo Member
0756e37655334d1e501800f796645a79_original.png

Hi all!

Please take down if not appropriate, but I would like to share with you a passion project I have launched on Kickstarter this week with my friend. It is a gaming journal book called 'Lock-on' and will be a premium quality publication featuring gaming stories, thought-provoking features, outstanding artwork from indie artists and also a massive PS1 retrospective with contributions from Digital Foundry, Ryan Mystic, My Life in Gaming and YouTuber, Adam Koralik who will be talking about his experience playing the Nintendo PlayStation Prototype.

We hope for this to be something that would sit proudly in anyone's gaming collection. We are working with a team of staff who currently work on the Ninty Fresh and Switch Player magazines. As well, the project won’t bring much in financial reward for our core team, but will be a platform for indie artists and writers to express their passions and earn a little bit of money.

Here is a link!

Many thanks for any support you can provide.

Jason Maddison
Creative Editor
Lock-on / Lost in Cult

treo

Neo Member
Hey,
I'm treo, which in Sweden is the name of a popular painkiller, which I use as my breakfast every day and have done since I was little. Not because of the pain-killing aspect, but because it is also packed with caffeine. I'm not a morning person, but this thing helps me get up.
I'm an art guy, having worked with video games professionally since around 1988.
I'm still an art guy and having lived through so many years of game development, I am a versatile art guy who does everything artsy which needs to be done no matter how techy or untechy it might be.

Areba21

Neo Member
Hey,
I'm treo, which in Sweden is the name of a popular painkiller, which I use as my breakfast every day and have done since I was little. Not because of the pain-killing aspect, but because it is also packed with caffeine. I'm not a morning person, but this thing helps me get up.
I'm an art guy, having worked with video games professionally since around 1988.
I'm still an art guy and having lived through so many years of game development, I am a versatile art guy who does everything artsy which needs to be done no matter how techy or untechy it might be.
:messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_beaming:

trickybiff

Hello. I am lifelong gamer and new dad. I was looking for somewhere to discuss games and get news that is not an echo chamber of wokeness and one upsmanship and was excited to find this site.

I play PC, Switch, PS5 as well as the Quest 2. I enjoy a wide variety of genres (pretty much anything but dating sims and BR shooters).

I am glad to be a new member.

Top Bottom