• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official PC vs Consoles Thread.

thelastword

Banned
On games that were built for consoles.... Great comparison /s
Which is the point most games are now built with consoles in mind, PC just takes that and boosts it up in rez and frames for the most part...….Amidst all of that there have been some bad ports as well......Arkham was one, but there was a time PC had it's own guns.....

Of course these are mostly multiplats, exclusives on consoles look much better than these games....

Expound...
Videos expound enough I think.....A picture is worth a thousand words, a visual in motion is worth a million...….Really, its the same visuals and people doing 800% zooms.... Of course better hardware runs it better, but the experience is the same....I'm pretty sure the guy playing his COD and BF on consoles is not thinking....Gee...…."I wonder how superior Veteran's experience is in COD at 4k 250fps", when these console guys would pretty much dominate these guys boasting 4k 250fps rigs....

Dennisonr

Neo Member
Which is the point most games are now built with consoles in mind, PC just takes that and boosts it up in rez and frames for the most part...….Amidst all of that there have been some bad ports as well......Arkham was one, but there was a time PC had it's own guns.....

Of course these are mostly multiplats, exclusives on consoles look much better than these games....

Videos expound enough I think.....A picture is worth a thousand words, a visual in motion is worth a million...….Really, its the same visuals and people doing 800% zooms.... Of course better hardware runs it better, but the experience is the same....I'm pretty sure the guy playing his COD and BF on consoles is not thinking....Gee...…."I wonder how superior Veteran's experience is in COD at 4k 250fps", when these console guys would pretty much dominate these guys boasting 4k 250fps rigs....

I think you forgot about Star Citizen, which will be a PC only game and it is built for the PC. Also, you should check out some of technology they are using that will not be on consoles from the DF video on that game. I use to be a console player way back in PS2/Xbox days, but have left that ship so long ago. It's really not worth going back to unless you really like an exclusive that is not coming to PC. Anyways, anyone that has a Ryzen 3000 series CPU with X570 board motherboard and a Gen4 NvME ssd drive will not have to worry about the SSD that the PS5 will use as that is what it will have.

Well... What I'm saying is this...
What is "simple" to you is big to me... And that's ok. The point was that there is/can be a difference. Like this...

And this, along with higher fps/resolution made all the difference that I and others like me needed to invest into PC. Not to mention all the other reasons one gets a PC like mods, aspect ratio etc if the devs allow them...

Witcher 3
49454910721_b71e44263d_o.png

49478663881_d7a964817c_o.png

Skyrim
25378394499_6ef0511a45_o.png

With the power of next gen PC/console gpu's with even better RTX features along with all of the other techniques that will come with next gen it's only going to get better... For owners of everything! That should be a reason for celebration, not to put up our walls.

Like I said before, if you want to subjectively argue what you think the breadth of that difference will be then that's fine and I think it would be interesting if people could do it in a polite way because we are all interested in tech. But you can't argue that there objectively wouldn't be a difference.

IMO The problem here is that people are arguing from an emotional standpoint and it's harming their ability to be objective. It's understandable why someone would feel the need to do that with the potshots from both sides but still if we all try to step back and be more mature, understanding and supportive to one another about our cllective hobby I think we could all grow from it instead of letting it divide us.

But I don't speak for everyone.

And yeah, higher stable fps is absolutely an advantage if you have the mental capacity to take advantage of it. There is a reason pro fps players do everything they can to crank up the frames. Even at the expense of graphical bells and whistles.

So are we really saying that this is why we buy such expensive PC's? PC on Ultra BTW.....Just for a few graphical flourishes...….
Just a few graphical flourishes...and far higher framerates than the consoles could ever hope to achieve.

Because you don't have a choice...
Actually...seeing as how I don't own a 2080Ti I do have a choice...and I always choose to prioritize stable framerates as close to 90FPS as possible. Everything else comes secondary. Everything.

Last edited:

Psajdak

Banned
PS4 had a good idea with MGSV.

It may not have been as good looking as PC version, but it ran at 60fps, and that "smoothness" itself made game (or games, if you wanna separate GZ, and TPP from each other) look great on consoles.

It is similar to how a lot of people think that MGS2 looks much better than MGS3 on PS2, even though MGS3 has far more details in comparison.

Kenpachii

So are we really saying that this is why we buy such expensive PC's? PC on Ultra BTW.....Just for a few graphical flourishes...….

Imagine not modding GTA 5. ( old mod by the way, better already gainable )

Imagine playing a shooter with a controller and 30-60 fps.

Sorry but any game with a 144hz screen under the 90 fps gets janky as shit. Many games on the consoles don't even hit 30 fps. Its unplayable.

Want to push your visuals, welcome to cyberpunk 9000

Could keep going, but anybody with both experiences will see how dump those comparisons are.

Play for a day on a PS4 then play for a day on a 144hz 9900k 2080ti at 1080p at 143 fps at ultra settings and ur brain will die when seeing those consoles janky visuals and performance.

Last edited:
Stop pretending you actually play the games you MOD.

It's like modding bethesda games.
Spending hours and hours of downloading mods tinkering and making it not crash. Then playing it for 10 min. And saying.. well i suuure did that.

Wtf do i do now?
lol. Well, I'm not him but I absolutely do play the games that I mod. In fact, it's the only reason I mod them. I'm finally playing all the way through the witcher with it looking just like the pics in my last post and the pc screenshot thread and I'm having a blast.

Kenpachii

Stop pretending you actually play the games you MOD.

It's like modding bethesda games.
Spending hours and hours of downloading mods tinkering and making it not crash. Then playing it for 10 min. And saying.. well i suuure did that.

Wtf do i do now?

1) buy game
2) downlaod game
3) search mods
4) play game.

Dunno what you do, but that's my way to do things.

I just did a playthrough of witcher 3 with tons of mods.

No
Based on what? I'll not argue that they don't look fantastic, because they do. But that sounds subjective to me.

Again, I gave more examples than that, you are being needlessly disingenuous and hostile.

Same as above. Bro, if you can't find it in yourself to have a mature conversation without the needless hostile jabbing then I'm not going to waist my time with you. I think I've tried to be respectful and understanding here and all I'm asking is for you to do the same.
Nothing i said is hostile u simply cant handle facts n u want ro cry.

These games aren't the best picks from gaming polls and awards simply because they are on the PS. The platform doesn't matter here. It's the games themselves and the companies that made them that is winning the awards. Once these games are displayed on the most powerful platform, they may still get picked as you stated, but their best implementation will be on the PC.

So when that happens, what will be the reason then for saying those games are the best when they are on 2 different platforms?
They arent picked for simply being playstation but they happen to be playstation exclusives and thats fact.

Wait, what?! Did you just say that? Did you even do a simple Google search to see how far you would fall on your face with a statement like that?! Are you saying a dumbed down version of the RX 580 is stronger with a tablet processor, than an unadulterated rx 580 without a Fisher-Price cpu?!?!
I never said xbox one x gpu is stronger i said xbox one x performs better than a 580 in 4k, consoles api and focused development make its code efficient than pc where as a 580 on pc besides its power still falks shy of alot of games in 4k

I

I keep saying this ps4 n xbox one generation vs pc is the closest generation ever, its got to a point where critics have to start pixel counting to find faults, bk in 360/ps3 there was obvious console deffects in memory capacity which led to low resolutions in every aspect but today this is different all the games shown here use the same assets across the board.

I feel there can be no comparison. Consoles aspire to be PCs, that much is clear. They're becoming more like PCs with every iteration. Beyond the features that betray the inherent inferiority complex of consoles, consider the realities of the respective control and game scope possibilities. PC games can be bigger, better, prettier, and more complex. This can be a bad thing, sure, but one cannot deny that the ceiling for these games is simply out of sight of console titles.

Granted, there comes a time at the end of console generations where they begin to hold back the boundaries of the bulk of AAA PC games (because they're inevitably intended for both platforms) but in general the infinite advantages of the PC over the console are undeniable.

As for portability, i don't have many chips in that game as I'm on an Alienware laptop, but i don't consider either of the systems considered in this thread to be particularly portable (in their optimum gaming state)

All this said, i wanna state here that from a gaming perspective i don't really compare these two entities. PCs win for me because of everything else they do for my professional life besides gaming.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I
I keep saying this ps4 n xbox one generation vs pc is the closest generation ever, its got to a point where critics have to start pixel counting to find faults, bk in 360/ps3 there was obvious console deffects in memory capacity which led to low resolutions in every aspect but today this is different all the games shown here use the same assets across the board.
Yup.

It'll get to a point that nobody will care about pixel count. For some people we're already there.

4k visuals look great and a small step up from 1080p. My 4k tv channels look better too.

But at some point when 8k tvs are the norm, my 4k tv breaks and it's time to buy an 8k because that's all there is to buy, I truly wonder how much of a difference an 8k image will be vs. a 4k image.

I'm already maxed out for space with 65" tv in my living room. I'm not buying a 80+" tv for 8k.

Armorian

Banned
Yup.

It'll get to a point that nobody will care about pixel count. For some people we're already there.

4k visuals look great and a small step up from 1080p. My 4k tv channels look better too.

But at some point when 8k tvs are the norm, my 4k tv breaks and it's time to buy an 8k because that's all there is to buy, I truly wonder how much of a difference an 8k image will be vs. a 4k image.

I'm already maxed out for space with 65" tv in my living room. I'm not buying a 80+" tv for 8k.

There won't be much difference u less you go with super big tv. HDR was coming at the same Time as 4K, that was a big part of the" wow" factor, There is nothing similar right now.

Yup.

Honestly checkerboard or any upscaled 4k on a console is enough considering console gamers dont stay that close to the tv as pc gamers do on monitors, and i have a hunch next gen consoles lowest resolution would be checkerboard/ upscaled 4k on 4k tvs or super sampled 1080p on 1080 screens and with all the graphics improvements coming i honestly dont see who would care about pc vs console, games will completely look the same, youll probably need digital foundry to tell u the difference after hours of analysing pixels in pixels under pixels.

There won't be much difference u less you go with super big tv. HDR was coming at the same Time as 4K, that was a big part of the" wow" factor, There is nothing similar right now.
And with dlss available the pixel war will end sooner than it started i mean digital foundrys take on wolfenstein tge new blood shows dlss looking cleaner than full 4k.

sunnysideup

Banned
You can never make an exclusive for the PC because there are many platforms by which the developers don't have a clue to people's setups.

But the buck doesn't stop there. All games are developed on the PC first (including 1st party Sony titles). They get downported to the consoles and not the other way around. There is no game that's "holding PCs back". The reason why we haven't seen PS exclusives on PCs is because of bureaucratic reasons. Those reasons are gone now.

All of the people that are convinced the exclusives are the best looking games (and I agree with art direction for sure) will be in for a treat when those games are also released on the PC. What this will prove is that whatever added features that they had when developing on the PC and had to remove for the PS consoles, will now be enabled again to show even better gameplay experience (i.e. 60FPS) and higher iteration of tech (i.e. higher res textures, certain BSDF modes enabled, higher fidelity shaders, and possible RT).

We can look at Detroit: Become Human as an example. The game is, imo, one of the best looking games this current gen (I even stated that when I played the PS version). It looks and plays even better on the PC.

[youtube]

No one is saying pc isnt more powerful and vastly more advance. Nor that ps exclusives wouldnt look better on pc hardware.

What we are saying, there are no games on pc that has that wow factor of the playstation exclusives has. It isnt the hardware thats limiting pc. Its the non existing software.

The only multiplatform games that comes close to the ps exclusives are jedi the fallen order and rdr.

Games like god of war, horizon spiderman, uncharted 4 etc just has more of a wow factor, visually.

I am 30. Had many many computers since I was 7. So that's 23 years of pc gaming. Had 360 for last gen and ps4 this gen too.
2019 I've finally upgraded my 2500k build (which at the end of it's life had 1060, ssd only, fractal case etc) to https://pcpartpicker.com/list/TGBK27 (Just g2, not g3 psu and fw minor additions)
What I am trying to say is that pc gaming is incredibly expensive and do not believe those "oh you can buy 500usd pc that beats ps4". Well no shit sherlock, ps4 is out for 7 years and 500$ pc will still have many drawbacks and will kinda suck.
For me, I want pc that looks nice, is quiet, cool and reasonably fast but I don't need cutting edge 2080ti.
My pc alone was around 2k usd without peripherals. And I have "only" rtx 2070 in it, no watercooling/aio and generally nothing crazy really.
Just a good pc. That said - You can probably get great 1080p rig for about 1k usd if You just want it to be functional and reasonable. But You will not have latest and greatest parts.

Ps4 slim was 200usd and serves me fantastically. I never had problem having console for exclusives and pc for multiplats.
I've played many games on ps4 and love it. Don't have any problems with graphics, framerate or anything. It's a seamless plug and play experience. Same with 360 - I've had it last generation alongside my pc and I've still played more games on 360 probably because pc ports were fucked back then and many games were timed exclusives to consoles.

Maybe I am a falling pc gamer who should let go finally but I went full out on this pc as I wanted to give pc gaming another solid, fair chance. I play on pc my whole life and finished 100x more games on pc than consoles but also spent way more on hardware.
That and issues.. THERE ARE ALWAYS ISSUES with pc gaming, drivers, compatibility and ports. There is a reason why pcgamingwiki is bookmarked in my browser. Almost every game requires a little bit of tweaking at least. Maybe I am too demanding on perfection.

At the end of the day - I can play freesynced, 58fps locked, 4k, max graphics games with no stutter, tearing and in a perfect way. At the same time, I've put tons of hours in ps4 bloodborne and never had problem with how it played. I just wished it was 4k because of terrible aliasing.
I even had 240hz gsync monitor and sole dit for 4k60. Freesync/gsync in my opinion is AMAZING and much much more important than high refresh rate. I like nice, sharp graphics so 4k freesync is excellent for me.
Anyway - no reason pc gamer cannot have a nice cheap ps4 for exclusives. People get way too hung up on high framerate. 240hz, 144hz, I've had it all and never had problem switching to 30fps console game and enjoying it.
Finally someone with sense, this all talk of raytraced puddles, and playing angry birds at 240hz its like adding tomato sauce on a alreafy dripping wet burger shows the lack of wow factor in pcs it simply means "nothing to see here" just move along. Its not healthy gaming like it used to be its obese gaming.

If pc games had remasters from console ports or actually inproved graphics fidelity assets like comparing a ps3 game to a ps5 game then ill surrender to the pc cause but fps, resolution and a few toggles on the settings menu dont convince me.

This is a site predominatly full of men in here i didnt think ull get offended or find a racist meaning behind my quote,
Its either your race baiting and trying to fabricate my quote and by also using that black face downey jr gif.

If you dont mind im not american or european im african and where i come from we dont discuss or think of politics everytime or get offended as u do in the west, we simply enjoy having a good time as much as we can, have some beer/ weed/ bbq while watching neogaf or anything.

So when i say you people it dont mean anything about race, its u minds constant bombardment of social political issues thats made u alert into political nonesense.

I think you forgot about Star Citizen, which will be a PC only game and it is built for the PC. Also, you should check out some of technology they are using that will not be on consoles from the DF video on that game. I use to be a console player way back in PS2/Xbox days, but have left that ship so long ago. It's really not worth going back to unless you really like an exclusive that is not coming to PC. Anyways, anyone that has a Ryzen 3000 series CPU with X570 board motherboard and a Gen4 NvME ssd drive will not have to worry about the SSD that the PS5 will use as that is what it will have.
Star citizen isnt using any technology thats new or unavailable on consoles, only if its using raytraving, ive seen digital foundrys videos and star citizens tech videos theres nothing new there.

The game in all honesty doesnt look any better than a console game we have to be real here, maybe its the illusion of traversing planets like in no mans land that misleads people into believing that the game is a big deal and no it isnt,

Star citizen uses procedural tricks at most which have been used ever since graphics existed and even the most powerful pcs have poppin as shown in digital foundry, so they recomended a ssd.

To me star citizen is just an allround hyped game that got more funding than the game deserved.

Lanrutcon

Dennisonr

Neo Member
Star citizen isnt using any technology thats new or unavailable on consoles, only if its using raytraving, ive seen digital foundrys videos and star citizens tech videos theres nothing new there.

The game in all honesty doesnt look any better than a console game we have to be real here, maybe its the illusion of traversing planets like in no mans land that misleads people into believing that the game is a big deal and no it isnt,

Star citizen uses procedural tricks at most which have been used ever since graphics existed and even the most powerful pcs have poppin as shown in digital foundry, so they recomended a ssd.

To me star citizen is just an allround hyped game that got more funding than the game deserved.

The maps are HUGE. These are not tricks. To go from one one end of the map to another would take many hours at full speed of the ships in that game. In fact you cannot load up all the data at once since the RAM requirements would be astronomical. So that is why data assets are streamed in from a fast SSD and why hard drives will not work in this game. Maybe the new consoles could play this game, but definitely not the ones out now.

E
The maps are HUGE. These are not tricks. To go from one one end of the map to another would take many hours at full speed of the ships in that game. In fact you cannot load up all the data at once since the RAM requirements would be astronomical. So that is why data assets are streamed in from a fast SSD and why hard drives will not work in this game. Maybe the new consoles could play this game, but definitely not the ones out now.
Exactly what im saying its a procedural trick used by every open world game from gta to just cause to spiderman and cyberpunk 2077, the assets you see per frame on screen are all the ram can hold and saying all that the worlds in star citizen are also procedurally generated which isnt expensive as people think and it doesnt look that much visually appealing than most games out there already.

Current consoles can play star citizen, star citizen runs on pcs without ssds u can use a normal hdd, its just that ssd is recommended to minimise asset popin. Nothing special here, show me a game that uses 16+ or 20+ gb of assets per frame then ill be impressed not procedural trickery.

Last edited:
Whoa there, champ. Adding casual sexism to the mix? Tsk tsk.

Oh Christ.

On behalf of the continent, I'd like to apologize for Shangou. Apparently he's local.

Oh, do tell.
Theres a politics thread u can join and chat about ur political and social issues all day, cause im too young for this shit.

Dennisonr

Neo Member
I am 30. Had many many computers since I was 7. So that's 23 years of pc gaming. Had 360 for last gen and ps4 this gen too.
2019 I've finally upgraded my 2500k build (which at the end of it's life had 1060, ssd only, fractal case etc) to https://pcpartpicker.com/list/TGBK27 (Just g2, not g3 psu and fw minor additions)
What I am trying to say is that pc gaming is incredibly expensive and do not believe those "oh you can buy 500usd pc that beats ps4". Well no shit sherlock, ps4 is out for 7 years and 500$ pc will still have many drawbacks and will kinda suck.
For me, I want pc that looks nice, is quiet, cool and reasonably fast but I don't need cutting edge 2080ti.
My pc alone was around 2k usd without peripherals. And I have "only" rtx 2070 in it, no watercooling/aio and generally nothing crazy really.
Just a good pc. That said - You can probably get great 1080p rig for about 1k usd if You just want it to be functional and reasonable. But You will not have latest and greatest parts.

Ps4 slim was 200usd and serves me fantastically. I never had problem having console for exclusives and pc for multiplats.
I've played many games on ps4 and love it. Don't have any problems with graphics, framerate or anything. It's a seamless plug and play experience. Same with 360 - I've had it last generation alongside my pc and I've still played more games on 360 probably because pc ports were fucked back then and many games were timed exclusives to consoles.

Maybe I am a falling pc gamer who should let go finally but I went full out on this pc as I wanted to give pc gaming another solid, fair chance. I play on pc my whole life and finished 100x more games on pc than consoles but also spent way more on hardware.
That and issues.. THERE ARE ALWAYS ISSUES with pc gaming, drivers, compatibility and ports. There is a reason why pcgamingwiki is bookmarked in my browser. Almost every game requires a little bit of tweaking at least. Maybe I am too demanding on perfection.

At the end of the day - I can play freesynced, 58fps locked, 4k, max graphics games with no stutter, tearing and in a perfect way. At the same time, I've put tons of hours in ps4 bloodborne and never had problem with how it played. I just wished it was 4k because of terrible aliasing.
I even had 240hz gsync monitor and sole dit for 4k60. Freesync/gsync in my opinion is AMAZING and much much more important than high refresh rate. I like nice, sharp graphics so 4k freesync is excellent for me.
Anyway - no reason pc gamer cannot have a nice cheap ps4 for exclusives. People get way too hung up on high framerate. 240hz, 144hz, I've had it all and never had problem switching to 30fps console game and enjoying it.

Why did you buy all new parts? All you had to do was put in the new motherboard, ram, video card, cooler, and CPU into the computer case that had your old components. Also, you went with Gen3 NvME SSD's. With the money you could have saved from not buying all new parts over again, you could have bought a Gigabyte Auros gen4 ssd, or Corsair MP600 gen4 ssd, or even a Sabrent rocket gen4 ssd. The RAM choice is not the best either. You want low timing RAM for Ryzen CPU. Better option is the Flare-x series that has CL of 14. This one: Model F4-3200C14D-16GFX that you can get from newegg.

I only ever have to upgrade every 6 to 10 years. The only game that required an early upgrade was Crysis from my 6 to 10 year cadence. There is no reason to update so often unless you just got to have the latest, but then if you go with consoles because you are tired of PC then you are basically saying you don't care about the latest, it was all a lie because consoles are locked in hardware you cannot upgrade. It's counterintuitive to your thought process of wanting constant upgrades.

Also, before you say it, game developers do not need to target specific hardware to take full advantage of it. That's a myth spread by console players. Many games have code written into them that will select graphic settings automatically based on the hardware you have. Don't believe me? Install a weak video card in your system and then load up a game. Look at graphics settings it picks. Then put in a very powerful video card and look at the graphic settings the game picks. I never had to touch game graphic settings as I just let the game pick it for me. Some people will tweak it, sure, but really no need to.

Lanrutcon

Theres a politics thread u can join and chat about ur political and social issues all day, cause im too young for this shit.

And Gamefaqs is still where it's always been, but yet here you are.

You were busy sharing your views on procedural generation from the perspective of a visually impaired African child..?

Dennisonr

Neo Member
E
Exactly what im saying its a procedural trick used by every open world game from gta to just cause to spiderman and cyberpunk 2077, the assets you see per frame on screen are all the ram can hold and saying all that the worlds in star citizen are also procedurally generated which isnt expensive as people think and it doesnt look that much visually appealing than most games out there already.

Current consoles can play star citizen, star citizen runs on pcs without ssds u can use a normal hdd, its just that ssd is recommended to minimise asset popin. Nothing special here, show me a game that uses 16+ or 20+ gb of assets per frame then ill be impressed not procedural trickery.

You should try running Star Citizen on a hard drive. It's not playable at all. If you like constant lag spikes and audio cut out issues, then go for it.

Go to 3:38 and 5:00.

No other game I know of uses 64 bit coordinate systems. They are not using tricks like you have to for 32 bit coordinate systems due to low precision.

I never said xbox one x gpu is stronger i said xbox one x performs better than a 580 in 4k, consoles api and focused development make its code efficient than pc where as a 580 on pc besides its power still falks shy of alot of games in 4k
Being able to play Forza at 30fps on medium settings is not something to brag about tough....A RX580 can play the game at higher FPS and quality settings than an xbox one X. I don't get why you think otherwise, or that consoles are more powerful than PC's.....That is an insane assumption to make. Do you know that many games are upscaled on console? Not native 4k.

Last edited:
Being able to play Forza at 30fps on medium settings is not something to brag about tough....A RX580 can play the game at higher FPS and quality settings than an xbox one X. I don't get why you think otherwise, or that consoles are more powerful than PC's.....That is an insane assumption to make. Do you know that many games are upscaled on console? Not native 4k.
You keep fabricating my quotes i never said consoles are more powerful than pcs it seems u wish i said that, i said part by part with the same spec hardware consoles perform 2x better than pcs, this is due to consoles api's and focused development and also focused hardware.

Here is a video explaining this phenomena. Your 500$ rx 580 rig is one more expensive than a xbox one x and 2nd performs just the same and in some cases worse.

You should try running Star Citizen on a hard drive. It's not playable at all. If you like constant lag spikes and audio cut out issues, then go for it.

Go to 3:38 and 5:00.

No other game I know of uses 64 bit coordinate systems. They are not using tricks like you have to for 32 bit coordinate systems due to low precision.

Whether they use 64bit 128bit or 256bit the game isnt impressive looking and can also be far optimised to run on console they simply havent decided that,

This is the same silly discussion people were arguing about before that nintendo switch cannot run witcher 3 and it did, your simply being fooled by procedural and asset streaming tricks to make u think thag star citizen is a block buster and no its not. They arent fooling me and i say again until they show me a game that uses 16-20gb assets per frame of vram at 1080p then ill be impressed not this rubbish procedural streaming tricks.

Lanrutcon

You keep fabricating my quotes i never said consoles are more powerful than pcs

So PCs are more powerful than consoles? You seem to be posting a lot but not really saying anything. The moment you're quoted your story changes. So, which is it?

Whether they use 64bit 128bit or 256bit the game isnt impressive looking and can also be far optimised to run on console they simply havent decided that,

And every console game can be optimised to run on PCs. "They just haven't decided that" is such a nice, vague defense.

Whether they use 64bit 128bit or 256bit the game isnt impressive looking

Obviously it isn't impressive looking to you. You've already stated that little things like "resolution" don't matter to you.

So PCs are more powerful than consoles? You seem to be posting a lot but not really saying anything. The moment you're quoted your story changes. So, which is it?

And every console game can be optimised to run on PCs. "They just haven't decided that" is such a nice, vague defense.

Obviously it isn't impressive looking to you. You've already stated that little things like "resolution" don't matter to you.
Your arguments have no heads or tails. Front or back.

You keep fabricating my quotes i never said consoles are more powerful than pcs it seems u wish i said that, i said part by part with the same spec hardware consoles perform 2x better than pcs, this is due to consoles api's and focused development and also focused hardware.

Here is a video explaining this phenomena. Your 500$ rx 580 rig is one more expensive than a xbox one x and 2nd performs just the same and in some cases worse.

I'll just reply with a video. Can Xbox one x play RDR2 @ 70+ fps? Also, some settings on console are lower than the low setting on pc, so this technically it's duplicating the xb1x settings, but with higher settings enabled.

Last edited:
No
I was saddened because I always give people the benefit of the doubt. You've lost it.

Nothing you said was a fact. Show me the facts. You where being disingenuous and took everything I said out of context.

Just because you say something doesn't make it true. Next time, if you are having a hard time understanding someone, maybe try to take a bit before posting. Because the way you are acting is only making you look like a fool. But that only matters if you even care if you look like one in the first place. Because that would mean that you actually care about having peoples respect. Which doesn't seem like the case here.

Last edited:

Dennisonr

Neo Member

This is the same silly discussion people were arguing about before that nintendo switch cannot run witcher 3 and it did, your simply being fooled by procedural and asset streaming tricks to make u think thag star citizen is a block buster and no its not. They arent fooling me and i say again until they show me a game that uses 16-20gb assets per frame of vram at 1080p then ill be impressed not this rubbish procedural streaming tricks.

I'm sure it would run on the PS5 and xbox series X due to the ram amount and fast SSD. However, you are stating it will run on the PS4 and current Xbox, which is not true as it is now without downgrades. The Witcher 3 being able to run on the switch is optimization by removing details and assets. There is nothing stopping The Last of Us from running on the switch by doing the same other than Sony owns the rights to it and intends to keep it a Sony console exclusive. So I don't really understand what you mean???? I

Last edited:

TheSHEEEP

Gold Member
Console = PC with a different default input, a rather limited OS and some exclusives. Nowadays, anyway.

The difference is 99% software.

Still hoping that one day, both will simply merge. There is no reason beyond corporate interest that it shouldn't be "buy your PC with gamepad" vs "buy your PC with keyboard&mouse", with either different OSes or an OS that supports both equally.

Last edited:

Lanrutcon

And now you know how every single person on this forum feels when reading your posts.

No

Every single page of this thread has had you being disrespectful and hostile to folks that tried to be civil with you. I didn't even bother, but I feel goddamn sorry for the people that did.

INC

After being a console gamer since the NES, I decided to get a pc, mainly because of the game selection (insurgency, hell let loose, tarkov etc) and I wanted a better VR experience. Playing onward and pavlov in a decent rig and headset is what I've been waiting in gaming since I was a child, and now it's a reality

Well I cant go back now to console gaming, the sub par frame rates, the horrific online services and general lack of customisation. 1440p at 144hz is also ingame changer and makes you realise how meh most console games run

Console gaming for me was down to 2 things, friends also playing console and exclusives.

Now most of my friends are moving to pc and theres hardly any exclusives worth playing, only game I wanna play is TLoU2, but I still have a pspro

In short pc gaming has made me into a gaming snob lol

I would say pc has more cheater, but tbh console fps has just as many If not more, since most use cronus and xim (weve banned so many in our BF league, it's a joke really), sure its not the same as wall hacks etc, but still a massive issue on console atm

Last edited:
After being a console gamer since the NES, I decided to get a pc, mainly because of the game selection (insurgency, hell let loose, tarkov etc) and I wanted a better VR experience. Playing onward and pavlov in a decent rig and headset is what I've been waiting in gaming since I was a child, and now it's a reality

Well I cant go back now to console gaming, the sub par frame rates, the horrific online services and general lack of customisation. 1440p at 144hz is also ingame changer and makes you realise how meh most console games run

Console gaming for me was down to 2 things, friends also playing console and exclusives.

Now most of my friends are moving to pc and theres hardly any exclusives worth playing, only game I wanna play is TLoU2, but I still have a pspro

In short pc gaming has made me into a gaming snob lol

I would say pc has more cheater, but tbh console fps has just as many If not more, since most use cronus and xim (weve banned so many in our BF league, it's a joke really), sure its not the same as wall hacks etc, but still a massive issue on console atm

First off, you kinds sound like me. The entire reason I started building a PC was back when the first Vive headset was about to be released. Worked my butt off doing side jobs but man it was worth it.

Also, yeah, I found myself becoming a snob as well when it came to certain things. Def got bit by the bug. I try really hard not to let it bleed through in a fanboyish way though. I think that's the most important part. And I still have console nostalgia. I would be all over BOTH of the new consoles if I had the money but it isn't a priority anymore like it used to be. The new GPU's launching are atm. My kids and friends that come over are using my old xbox one but maybe someday I'll have the money to upgrade that for them in the living room. It's funny that for all of my preference towards PC these days, I don't think I will ever have anything but a console in my living room. It just wouldn't feel right to me man.

I'm sure it would run on the PS5 and xbox series X due to the ram amount and fast SSD. However, you are stating it will run on the PS4 and current Xbox, which is not true as it is now without downgrades. The Witcher 3 being able to run on the switch is optimization by removing details and assets. There is nothing stopping The Last of Us from running on the switch by doing the same other than Sony owns the rights to it and intends to keep it a Sony console exclusive. So I don't really understand what you mean???? I
I havent seen anytging rendered on screen on star citizen that cannot run on consoles this my argument, on screen god or war uncharted and the order look far better than star citizen, the whole hype about star citizen is its procedural world which is based on procedural tricks and can easily run on a ps4, optimization can mean alot of things the point at the end of the day is running the game on console and star citizen just as any open world can run on console..

We get this all the time, people talked rubbish online and explained all the reasons in the universe why witcher 3 wont run on switch and it did, then cane red dead 2 e3 trailer and the pc cult went on a rampage online explaining how it wont run on console as shown and yet it did and star citizen is just another hyped game.

I
I was saddened because I always give people the benefit of the doubt. You've lost it.

Nothing you said was a fact. Show me the facts. You where being disingenuous and took everything I said out of context.

Just because you say something doesn't make it true. Next time, if you are having a hard time understanding someone, maybe try to take a bit before posting. Because the way you are acting is only making you look like a fool. But that only matters if you even care if you look like one in the first place. Because that would mean that you actually care about having peoples respect. Which doesn't seem like the case here.
Its not having a hard time understanding someone, when anybody writes crap you have to tell it like it is. Crap! And all ive quoted on this thread is facts if u dont believe them then thats your issue not mine,

Lastly you being disappointed and all emotional has again, nothing to do with me you can join your pc friends for therapy.

Were here to discuss consoles vs pc hence the thread topic and ive laid my beliefs if they are contradictory to yours or offend you then simply deal with it.

Console = PC with a different default input, a rather limited OS and some exclusives. Nowadays, anyway.

The difference is 99% software.

Still hoping that one day, both will simply merge. There is no reason beyond corporate interest that it shouldn't be "buy your PC with gamepad" vs "buy your PC with keyboard&mouse", with either different OSes or an OS that supports both equally.
Ive said this a thousand times pcs need a gaming os or interface, windows os is not only for gaming but for fax machines and photoshop, of they can create an os desicated to games like a xbox os whereby my memory and cpu dont bother with the windows kernel and only for games itll be swell.

The major problem with pcs is u need to be a computer hobbyist to play games which most gamers arent the whole idea of what cpu to pick what ram what gpu what mother board does my interfaces allow it, are my drivers updated, why are my frames dropping, why did my game crush! If they can shave all this nonesense away and make pcs as seamless as console are to engage in then itll be another story aswell.

Dennisonr

Neo Member
I havent seen anytging rendered on screen on star citizen that cannot run on consoles this my argument, on screen god or war uncharted and the order look far better than star citizen, the whole hype about star citizen is its procedural world which is based on procedural tricks and can easily run on a ps4, optimization can mean alot of things the point at the end of the day is running the game on console and star citizen just as any open world can run on console..

We get this all the time, people talked rubbish online and explained all the reasons in the universe why witcher 3 wont run on switch and it did, then cane red dead 2 e3 trailer and the pc cult went on a rampage online explaining how it wont run on console as shown and yet it did and star citizen is just another hyped game.

Again what is stopping all the PS4 games from running on the switch after downgrading the games? You make sound like you can just jam this game straight into the PS4 and it would work. Not going to happen without downgrades, but on the PS5 you could without any changes. Again, it's very possible to make anything work by just removing some assets or changing the amount of pixels you push on a screen. The switch uses a 720P screen. And those guys who told you the Witcher 3 would not work on Switch, did not account for downgrading the assets and colors. LIke I said, you can make any game run on the switch after significant downgrades. So, I don't get your point? I'm confused. Do you want a downgraded experience?

Top Bottom