• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official "The Snitch (@insider_wtf)" Leaker Thread

So you are telling me I might see FFVIIR Part 2 tonight?

5d0ed081cad2cc5809a6c8126bf11cb3.gif

Zatzuken

Between this and the DD stream I’m very excited, but I haven’t been able to stay up till 11pm for these late shows, I have officially become an old fart.

Long gone are the days of staying up till like 2-3am watching Sony e3 shows

Dis

Thinking Crisis Core won't be a full remake but more of a remaster/upgrade similar to FFX and XII if it's coming to switch

I hope its similar to type-0
New lighting and stuff

I was actually hoping for this back when type-0 released on ps4
I have a feeling this celebration stream is going to be wild

7R-2 Teaser
CC Trailer
EC Trailer
L E T S G O!

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Can someone explain me what crisis core is ?
I've finished 7remake and loved but I had no idea what is happening at the end.
The only other ff game I finished was XV... but I was led to understand that ff games are not connected

Papacheeks

Banned
The only other ff game I finished was XV... but I was led to understand that ff games are not connected

It's a spin off from PSP, it's basically Zack's story. More in depth about the SOLDIER program at shinra, and the downfall of Sepherioth, how he started going crazy by the end but was almost a mentor to zack in the beginning. Other cool Soldier characters are in it.

It's a pretty good story.

Last edited:

FingerBang

I hope its similar to type-0
New lighting and stuff

I was actually hoping for this back when type-0 released on ps4
I have a feeling this celebration stream is going to be wild

7R-2 Teaser
CC Trailer
EC Trailer
L E T S G O!
Yeah, I was thinking that too. Could also release on mobile, so perhaps it is something akin to Type-0 like Dis Dis mentioned.
I heard it was a remaster/remake a few weeks ago, but don't really know much more than that.

That also probably means it's coming out soon-ish. It could be as soon as later this year, but more likely sometime next year.

That game is worth playing for the ending, but GOD do I hate Nomura and what he did to the game 😫

Crisis Core is a Final Fantasy VII spin-off for PSP where you play as Zack. Now, if you had played the original, you would know how Zack is connected to the story but I don't want to spoil it for you.

No one understood what happened at the end of FFVIIR, except for the fact that you have a glimpse of some alternate reality where some events of the original don't happen. All that shit isn't in the original game. All the bad shit isn't in the original game.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
It's a spin off from PSP, it's basically Zack's story. More in depth about the SOLDIER program at shinra, and the downfall of Sepherioth, how he started going crazy by the end but was almost a mentor to zack in the beginning. Other cool Soldier characters are in it.

Are they crazy to add some zack character who look just like our main hero INTO THE main ff7r game ?! A game that might be played by newcomers
and it's from a psp game. How many played that

SilentUser

I heard it was a remaster/remake a few weeks ago, but don't really know much more than that.

That also probably means it's coming out soon-ish. It could be as soon as later this year, but more likely sometime next year.

That game is worth playing for the ending, but GOD do I hate Nomura and what he did to the game 😫

Crisis Core is a Final Fantasy VII spin-off for PSP where you play as Zack. Now, if you had played the original, you would know how Zack is connected to the story but I don't want to spoil it for you.

No one understood what happened at the end of FFVIIR, except for the fact that you have a glimpse of some alternate reality where some events of the original don't happen. All that shit isn't in the original game. All the bad shit isn't in the original game.
God I loved Crisis Core ending so much! They can't butcher it for the love of God. I disliked a lot the ending they did for FF7R Part 1, hopefully they won't touch a thing on the outstanding CC.

Oh and thanks for sharing the news you got :)

Last edited:

TLZ

Banned
Imo, since they went into the trouble of remaking FFVII, they should've started with Zack and Segue"d into Cloud. This way everyone would know what's going on. Crisis Core is basically the beginning of it all.

Elios83

Are they crazy to add some zack character who look just like our main hero INTO THE main ff7r game ?! A game that might be played by newcomers
Zack is an important character of the original game. He was not added in the FF7R.
Crisis Core is a 2008 spinoff expanding on his story and certain events in FF7.

If you only have knowledge of FF7R but you have not played the Psone game, Crisis Core is not for you. You're only going to spoil yourself key events without understanding anything.

Last edited:

Vognerful

How does years old games being ported mean sony can't moneyhat anymore. You ever heard of something called NEW releases? You know, games that ain't years old already? Let's celebrate xbox getting deathloop this year too! Xbox gets its own first party games on a delay.
For a forum that keeps begging for Bloodborne to be ported to PC or other platforms, I don't see how should make fun of getting to play great games even years later.

Shifty1897

I think it's a pretty bad story, from what I remember the villain is a twink MacGuffin who quotes a play to you before scurrying off, and like most post-FFXII Square games, many character motivations are vague or nonexistent.

The combat system and graphics (for the time) were awesome though.

Elysion

Banned
What if they announce a 2nd dlc for FF7R which is about Zack?

That’s what I was thinking. VIIr goes multiplatform, including a new dlc that tells Zack’s story from Crisis Core (though probably a bit shortened). On Switch and Xbox the dlc will be included in a special edition, while it’s a seperate purchase on PS and PC.

Edit: A Zack dlc would also work pretty well to bridge the gap until VIIr part 2 comes out. Since parts of it would presumably take place outside Midgar, we would get our first glimpse of the world outside that we didn’t get to see in part 1, while Square can reuse the dlc assets for part 2.

Last edited:

wvnative

That’s what I was thinking. VIIr goes multiplatform, including a new dlc that tells Zack’s story from Crisis Core (though probably a bit shortened). On Switch and Xbox the dlc will be included in a special edition, while it’s a seperate purchase on PS and PC.

Edit: A Zack dlc would also work pretty well to bridge the gap until VIIr part 2 comes out. Since parts of it would presumably take place outside Midgar, we would get our first glimpse of the world outside that we didn’t get to see in part 1, while Square can reuse the dlc assets for part 2.

They said they wouldn't do any more DLC. But I suppose they could make it a standalone DLC infamous first light style and still not technically lie

PhaseJump

Banned

It was a big deal on the PSP and was the first big spinoff annoucnement that mattered.

OG FF7 had a flashback scene about his buddy Zack, taken from Cloud's perspective. Crisis Core explains the prequel events depicted in it. The gameplay is "portable" action RPG by design, Soldiers doing a list of pick up and play, smaller missions for Shinra while pushing towards the flashback scenes everybody already knew about.

FF7 plot is all kinds of nonsense, because Cloud's memory is all fucked up about what happened between them, and Sephiroth in the past. Playing the OG FF7 is a necessity to give a shit, but crisis core is standalone game, and it's retconned shit could be playing a big part in the Remake sequels. We don't know.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Doesn’t really seem like anything to troll.
Especially for the type of account that’s being run.

Yeah, the type of account the snitch runs is where he tweets about leaks, it would be a point of discussion if they actually tweets anything about it.

Lognor

Banned
Or the PlayStation one. As for the trailer it wasn’t shown at Microsoft’s event in case you didn’t notice.

Please be excited.

No, not the ps game. The ps game is ds2. Which is great news for you. I'm sure you loved the first game. Overdose coming exclusively to xbox. All but confirmed. I'm definitely interested!

No, not the ps game. The ps game is ds2. Which is great news for you. I'm sure you loved the first game. Overdose coming exclusively to xbox. All but confirmed. I'm definitely interested!

I don’t know it’s not like you know for sure. Can’t wait for Kojimas horror title.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Last edited:
Top Bottom