• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official "The Snitch (@insider_wtf)" Leaker Thread

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
I wouldn’t get too excited, there’s always a chance Kojima only wants to use Azure for a PlayStation game too.

Wait, so you're saying Kojima is only partnering with MS so he can use Azure to make a PlayStation game ?

Man, are you sure you're not Hasan ? cause that sounds like one of his concoctions :messenger_grinning_sweat:

I'm sorry to disappoint but their partnership is for making a game, not to leverage a service.

Overdose will be a horror game that will make use of the cloud service. Most likely published by MS as they're seemingly footing the bill.

Last edited:

bitbydeath

Gold Member
Wait, so you're saying Kojima is only partnering with MS so he can use Azure to make a PlayStation game ?

Man, are you sure you're not Hasan ? cause that sounds like one of his concoctions :messenger_grinning_sweat:

I'm sorry to disappoint but their partnership is for making a game, not to leverage a service.

[/URL]

Overdose will be a horror game that will make use of the cloud service. Most likely published by MS as they're seemingly footing the bill.
Just thought I’d throw one of your wacky contributions back your way. You never know right.

kyliethicc

It's a proper game that will utilize the cloud infrastructure ala Flight Sim.

Not a game made exclusively for Xcloud.

But, yes, since it'll be published by MS, most likely you would be able to access it in all places you can access Game Pass games on Xcloud anyway.
He literally pitched the game to Stadia first.

It’s a streaming game. No downloading.

Z67eNsy.jpg

Last edited:

Banned

pretty sure that's not even allowed on xCloud, not only that, people would start a shitstom like no other. there is no way it's a streamed game. it will clearly use the cloud for other things.

it would also make ZERO sense. Microsoft's cloud infrastructure is literally Series X systems that act like a Series X console.
having it be streaming only would quite literally be a useless thing to do as it would run and act thr same as on a Series X and running in the cloud only would have zero benefits

Last edited:

oldergamer

pretty sure that's not even allowed on xCloud, not only that, people would start a shitstom like no other. there is no way it's a streamed game. it will clearly use the cloud for other things.

it would also make ZERO sense. Microsoft's cloud infrastructure is literally Series X systems that act like a Series X console.
having it be streaming only would quite literally be a useless thing to do as it would run and act thr same as on a Series X and running in the cloud only would have zero benefits
What are you talking about?. A cloud only game on xcloud not being allowed? How would that make sense?

PhaseJump

Banned

This post makes ZERO sense more ways than one.

adamsapple

Z67eNsy.jpg

He pitched the game to stadia in 2019, we're 3 years apart from that now, and Phil made it very clear that it's a video game ass video game not a quote unquote experience.

PhaseJump

Banned
We know nothing other than Kojima is a weird fucker. He could make an Azure backed MMO where the network provides persistence for everything, and the cloud streams multiple mobile/tablet/console "games" to interact with the world in multiple ways, multiple genres; something exceptionally awesome or stupid. We might see an Xbox SmartGlass 2.0 situation where the phone features are now a full game or AR-like attachment to the game world.

Who cares, though? It'll be trash after release, like everything else the man has done over the past 20 years.

adamsapple

Any confirmation for this? During the stream I only remember hearing "cooperation" between them

Microsoft has announced a partnership with Kojima Productions, set to deliver an all-new Xbox game under its Xbox Game Studios publishing arm

I think its not clear what it is.

Yes, we don't know the exact details officially but from the same leakers that have been pretty accurate about it so far, we know it's Overdose, a horror game, starring some of the recurring cast (Qually, maybe more) from Death Stranding.

Last edited:

TheGecko

Banned
Who cares, though? It'll be trash after release, like everything else the man has done over the past 20 years.

Real gamers care. It’s not surprising casuals just think like that though, they don’t go deep enough into his games. COD or FIFA is as deep as they go.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not

All xCloud games are streaming only.
There is no download required with xCloud, just boot up your browser/app and start playing.

But I know what you meant.
xCloud is effectively just remote Series Xs, there is no benefit to making a game that can only run on xCloud and has no native option.
I imagine thats what you meant, that a game cant be "xCloud exclusive".

From the pitch I imagine the game will be a native app, it will just rely on Microsofts Azure Network for certain things.
What those things are, I have no idea.
Weve seen the Azure Network get the job done with Flight Simulator 2020 which is an absolute marvel.
Im curious what exactly Kojima wants to use th Azure Network for though....it has near unlimited potential it just requires that blank check and someone suitably creative to fully utilize it.

arvfab

Banned

Yes, we don't know the exact details officially but from the same leakers that have been pretty accurate about it so far, we know it's Overdose, a horror game, starring some of the recurring cast (Qually, maybe more) from Death Stranding.
Thank you

EDIT: sites are reporting it, but is there any 'official' communication? The stream clearly says partnership, working together. I mean, it is likely that they will publish it, too, but it wasn't mentioned, right?

Last edited:

adamsapple

Thank you

EDIT: sites are reporting it, but is there any 'official' communication? The stream clearly says partnership, working together. I mean, it is likely that they will publish it, too, but it wasn't mentioned, right?

There's no official page for this project on xbox.com to look at right now anyway, we only have what sites are reporting as part of the coverage.

In the 'trailer' itself they talked about partnership, but what else can that mean right ..

An Xbox account and 1$ for a Kojima game? Best deal in gaming, even if ends up being a cloud only gaming.

Nice isn't it ? Thanks to Phil for letting Kojima create the game he's always wanted to but never got the chance to because of technological restraints.

The game will likely have always online elements …but it’s extremely doubtful it will be streaming only.

Yes, it's a proper game-ass-game, you will be able to stream it on XCloud like many other games, but it definitely won't be an "xcloud only" game, there's no precedent for it.

Last edited:

Ozriel

M$FT
This post makes ZERO sense more ways than one.

It makes perfect sense.
XCloud is based on Series X consoles running in the cloud. Any executable that can run on XCloud blades can also run natively on Xbox Series hardware. So why would they limit release to streaming only?

The game will likely have always online elements …but it’s extremely doubtful it will be streaming only.

S0ULZB0URNE

[/URL]

They might be referring to this...

"which will leverage the power of Microsoft's cloud-based technology"

Which is odd cause Kojima isn't know for anything but GAMES.

adamsapple

They might be referring to this...

"which will leverage the power of Microsoft's cloud-based technology"

Which is odd cause Kojima isn't know for anything but GAMES.

Of course, in the context leverage is basically using it to complement it, like how Flight Sim does it and how Crackdown 3's multi player mode uses it for destruction physics.

It's probably the vagueness why Phil had to specify to journalists in the 2nd showcase that it's an actual game, not an experience type thing.

Last edited:

Lognor

Banned
Not really because it will be available on PC. Why do you think Microsoft will take this away from PC owners?
Lol of course you'd say that. I kind of doubt you have a PC that is up to snuff though. What you rocking? You have a game pass sub on pc? Let me guess: you'll spend $1 to play this game when it releases. Lol

Mr Moose

He pitched the game to stadia in 2019, we're 3 years apart from that now, and Phil made it very clear that it's a video game ass video game not a quote unquote experience.
Apparently that Overdose thing was played on a phone earlier this year, I thought it was just the footage but it was the game, according to that other guy.
Lol of course you'd say that. I kind of doubt you have a PC that is up to snuff though. What you rocking? You have a game pass sub on pc? Let me guess: you'll spend $1 to play this game when it releases. Lol
I have a Ryzen 5 3600, 16GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 Mhz DDR4 RAM (thinking of doubling it) and... A Radeon HD 6870
crying-black-guy-meme.gif

reksveks

SMTNetwork from Twitter is saying
- Overdose isn't the Xbox game (might be actually part of the DS universe according to him)
- The MS game is the Stadia game (just like Quarry was a Stadia game) and will be published by XGS
- Working on the MS and PS exclusive games
- The 48 hrs embargo was basically a bunch of issues including weekend fucking things up and the leak also messing things up
- Xbox paid for the port not a shock
- Xbox has the marketing for the Wu Long game
- There is a P5 Strikers xbox port but Atlus didn't/doesn't think its worth publishing
- Xbox started trying to get P4 since 2020

Obviously take it with a pinch of salt

PS said the xbox Game has been 'in work' for a year

Last edited:

Why not if Microsoft gives us the option to play the game on PC? I mean the same happens with Sony games on PC. As for what I have my PC sits between the XSS and the XSX to give you an idea. So playing the game at 1440P won’t be an issue for me. As for gamepass I prefer to buy my games. If the game is too expensive for me I can always wait for a price drop or a sale.

I have no issues supporting developers if I believe their games are worth it.

Try and stop me.

:p

Last edited:
- Overdose isn't the Xbox game (might be actually part of the DS universe according to him)
- The MS game is the Stadia game (just like Quarry was a Stadia game) and will be published by XGS
- The 48 hrs embargo was basically a bunch of issues including weekend fucking things up and the leak also messing things up
- There is a P5 Strikers xbox port but Atlus didn't/doesn't think its worth publishing

Were thess tweets? I can't find anything

Lognor

Banned
Apparently that Overdose thing was played on a phone earlier this year, I thought it was just the footage but it was the game, according to that other guy.

I have a Ryzen 5 3600, 16GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 Mhz DDR4 RAM (thinking of doubling it) and... A Radeon HD 6870
crying-black-guy-meme.gif
Awesome! You'll be able to experience Overdose at its very best.

When you say earlier this year though, I was under the assumption it was very recently, so that's interesting if you're saying a trailer was seen months ago. My guess right now is Kojima wants to make a spectacle as he is apt to do and wants to be there in person to reveal it. And that reveal will take place at TGS. Maybe TGS for the initial reveal and the Game Awards for a second look for the game to release early 2023, within 12 months of the MS showcase. All according to plan...

Mr Moose

Awesome! You'll be able to experience Overdose at its very best.

When you say earlier this year though, I was under the assumption it was very recently, so that's interesting if you're saying a trailer was seen months ago. My guess right now is Kojima wants to make a spectacle as he is apt to do and wants to be there in person to reveal it. And that reveal will take place at TGS. Maybe TGS for the initial reveal and the Game Awards for a second look for the game to release early 2023, within 12 months of the MS showcase. All according to plan...
Tom Henderson said this about it:
My original report contained several key details on the new Kojima title, including the mode that could be played in third and first-person, with Margaret Qualley seemingly being the title’s protagonist. One key detail though, that I failed to report on with the footage that I was shown, is that the person appears to be playing the game on some kind of mobile device, which appears to almost certainly be a Google Pixel.

Originally I had believed that the footage sent to me was some old footage that had resurfaced, but the source of the video has claimed it is from the beginning of this year.

xHunter

How legit is SMTNetwork? Never heard of them before.

And to think all this could have been stopped with an actual reveal.

🤷‍♂️

adamsapple

Tom said it wasn't old footage.

Tom said his "source" said the video was from the beginning of "this year" but it was using googles phones, and that version was reportedly officially canceled end of 2020 start of 2021.

In either case, Xcloud works on phones as well, so we can't really say one way or another.

Last edited:
Tom saw the Stadia based version, if anything was ready to show there's no reason they wouldn't have shown.

I won't be surprised if they're increasing the scope of the project since MS probably affords them a much higher budget than Stadia would.

Well that’s assuming that Overdose is the Xbox project. Kojima didn’t say anything about it at the event. No name or even a genre.

adamsapple

Well that’s assuming that Overdose is the Xbox project. Kojima didn’t say anything about it at the event. No name or even a genre.

Of course, we are only relying on what info we have from the leakers.

Officially there is no game called Overdose at all. Nor is there any new Silent Hill in development officially. Not a Death Stranding 2.

We're all reacting on info coming from the leakers.

Of course, we are only relying on what info we have from the leakers.

Officially there is no game called Overdose at all. Nor is there any new Silent Hill in development officially. Not a Death Stranding 2.

We're all reacting on info coming from the leakers.
I apologize for how I have been treating you lately. Lognor Lognor ban showed me that I was pushing people a bit too much.

I guess I’m just getting annoyed that Kojima hasn’t announced anything for PlayStation yet and I’m also am irritated over Ragnaroks release date.

kiphalfton

There's a million other games to play. Who cares if however many got pushed back. Go play something else. Or buy another system and diversify a little bit.

KRYPT83

He seems to be a Sony leaker. Which means overdose is probably sony related.
Overdose is about MaMa and her strong connection to her BD. The mothers who have a connection to BDs was given a experiment drug, the game will explore her Story and how she overdosed on the drug. Death Stranding 2: Overdose

Top Bottom