• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Outfit is pushed back from launch

sangreal

This game has gotten no attention at all. I think a delay will be good for it.

Are any games still coming out for launch? :lol

Mrbob

Damn it.

Now I can't buy 18 copies this year.

But I'll buy one in March!

I wonder if Company of Heroes is about to get pushed back, too.

newsguy

sangreal said:
This game has gotten no attention at all. I think a delay will be good for it.

Are any games still coming out for launch? :lol

Sure, but Saint's Row won't be one of them. The video said it was 2006.

IJoel

I think it'll be good for the game. They should be able to get more exposure for it and not have it be overshadowed by the "stars" of the launch (PGR3, Oblivion, GR3, etc.)

I know I wouldn't have gotten it at launch because there are more games that appeal to me more during that period.

Indeed, this delay may be good for it. I still have Mercenaries penned in for eventual purchase. This one would eventually become eventual.

Smart move, you don't want to put out a new IP right at launch. You need to see how the new hardware is doing, allow time to build the installed-base, and give yourself some flexibility against other titles. THQ said that the Outfit and Saint's Row will be released in a window that might stretch into spring of 2006.

Kingpen

For me, both Saints Row and the Outfit being delayed from launch are big blows. But things happen for a reason, and I guess it will let me have better time with the other games I am getting at launch. It also makes things cheaper at launch as well.

I hope they turn out for the better because of the delays. Looks like that IGN list of launch games was a crock of shit.

I still am looking at the following for launch, I wonder which ones will make it?

Dead or Alive 4
Need for Speed: Most Wanted
TES: Oblivion
Project Gotham Racing 3
Call of Duty 2
Madden 06
NHL 2K6
Perfect Dark 0

Delayed (I would have for sure bought)- Saints Row, Full Auto, The Outfit

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
I haven't heard anything about this game outside of it being WW2 and having some kind of squad system in it. The only real preview I could find was at gamespot and just talked about some multiplayer match they played. Any real information out there about this game or shall I just continue to not give a crap?

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Kingpen said:
For me, both Saints Row and the Outfit being delayed from launch are big blows. But things happen for a reason, and I guess it will let me have better time with the other games I am getting at launch. It also makes things cheaper at launch as well.

I hope they turn out for the better because of the delays. Looks like that IGN list of launch games was a crock of shit.

I still am looking at the following for launch, I wonder which ones will make it?

Dead or Alive 4
Need for Speed: Most Wanted
TES: Oblivion
Project Gotham Racing 3
Call of Duty 2
Madden 06
NHL 2K6
Perfect Dark 0

Delayed (I would have for sure bought)- Saints Row, Full Auto, The Outfit

i thought nfs wasnt a day one launch game? or was that just from igns bogus list?

anywho, i'd bet money that oblivion definitely wont be out at launch. i'll be surprised if its this year.

Particle Physicist

between a quark and a baryon
Amused_To_Death said:
Smart move, you don't want to put out a new IP right at launch. You need to see how the new hardware is doing, allow time to build the installed-base, and give yourself some flexibility against other titles. THQ said that the Outfit and Saint's Row will be released in a window that might stretch into spring of 2006.

most launch titles tend to sell a shit load.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
Amused_To_Death said:
Smart move, you don't want to put out a new IP right at launch.

WTH? We saw new IP's debut with the launch of the PS2 and do quite well... Dynasty and SSX come to mind...

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
quadriplegicjon said:
most launch titles tend to sell a shit load.

yeah, but then again, most launches are extremely lacking in big name games and/or quality titles. the 360 launch is looking quite good in that regard

newsguy

op_ivy said:
i thought nfs wasnt a day one launch game? or was that just from igns bogus list?

anywho, i'd bet money that oblivion definitely wont be out at launch. i'll be surprised if its this year.

Christ, it's only August, at this pace the 360 will launch with the high-def puzzle game that's built into the HD.

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
DarienA said:
WTH? We saw new IP's debut with the launch of the PS2 and do quite well... Dynasty and SSX come to mind...
Dynasty Warriors for the PS2 was the sequel to the Playstation fighting game by the same name (Sangoku Musou in Japan). I do realize however that the fighting game and its sequels don't share any direct similarities in gameplay.

EDIT: Sorry not arguing your statement, which I agree with, just wanted to point that out.

Top Bottom