• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pinball Arcade |OT| play them all from Soho to Brighton

Just got an email saying that the Wii U version in the North American region releases tomorrow.

Even funnier I got sent a code for Twilight Zone on Wii U. When I saw the kickstarter notification from Farsight, I figured it was Doctor Who news... not a reward from the very first kickstarter they ever did.

I thought I'd already had them change all the Wii U codes to other ones for me ages back. I guess I missed TZ.

Shaneus

5gdwTAK.jpg

Home <3

I've just updated the iOS version and it's lost all my tables and won't let me login or password reset. Might want to wait until this issue is fixed until you update.

kramer

When I updated on iPad and iPhone, I had to sign in again, which wouldn't work initially but does now.

Then I just restored tables and everything was back to normal.

Shaneus

When I updated on iPad and iPhone, I had to sign in again, which wouldn't work initially but does now.

Then I just restored tables and everything was back to normal.
I had that problem too.

Also, TX-Sector? Was this known via any leaks? Either way, pretty happy about it! Hell, maybe even Night Moves could get a look-in... maybe.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
It's not often that my blood boils while playing pinball. But oh man, when it does?

I booted up WOZ and my first game was going very well. If you know the game, I had Munchkin Mode stacked with ECMB and Lights Out scoring. All was going great. As it always happens in pinball, after I drained that ball, my next 2 balls were less than stellar. My extra ball was going well, and I started Melt the Witch. Two shots left and I drained one of the balls. Fine. Frustrated as I was, I had 5 horses ready, so I took a shot at the collect (which, if successful, would light extra ball). I bricked, but caught the ball on the flipper. I shot the right ramp but hit Glinda instead, causing the ball to bounce back towards me. It was going SDTM so I attempted a slap save. Fail.

Managed to get my #3 score of like 460k, but I was too pissed to play another game, ha.

bloodydrake

Cool Smoke Luke
The Zaccaria Pinball on Steam Greenlight has been pretty quiet since Feb. The last thing I want from that company is silence.

they had a failed indegogo campaign to help fund things(why people didn't pay 25dollars for all tables I'll never know) i think it was going to just pay to accelerate the release. Anyone that pledged still gets a steam key.
I think we'll hear something in a coupe months, They've posted some UI screenshots on TPA Zaccaria section

Finally got a change to play Ghostbusters last night before the launch party this weekend and I have no idea what is going on with this game. I just couldn't figure out what to hit and where so I need to as around.

Very interesting design. It plays much more up and down then most machines. Combine that with the mostly vertical slighshots and flippers and that are clearly a bit father apart then normal and it's a very different machine. I figured out containment MB but I need to know how to start scenes and modes.

It's 'funny' because I was playing with some guy I had seen around who I know is a bartender and it turns out he's the guy my last GF dumped me to go out with... and he's the roommate of a friend of mine...AND he's going to sub for me on the pinball league this week.

Worlds colliding Jerry!

Weird day, good machine

Shaneus

Finally got a change to play Ghostbusters last night before the launch party this weekend and I have no idea what is going on with this game. I just couldn't figure out what to hit and where so I need to as around.

Very interesting design. It plays much more up and down then most machines. Combine that with the mostly vertical slighshots and flippers and that are clearly a bit father apart then normal and it's a very different machine. I figured out containment MB but I need to know how to start scenes and modes.

It's 'funny' because I was playing with some guy I had seen around who I know is a bartender and it turns out he's the guy my last GF dumped me to go out with... and he's the roommate of a friend of mine...AND he's going to sub for me on the pinball league this week.

Worlds colliding Jerry!

Weird day, good machine
Glad to hear GB is more "vertical", I much prefer those machines than a lot of the other newer ones that have a close fan layout a la GoT (which I still love, BTW). Strange about the very Seinfeldian coincidence there! Hopefully he's a decent player.

-Gozer-

I'm finally glad to see an official Ghostbusters table get produced.

One thing that really bugs me about it though is the fact they forgo getting some of the licence music and replace them with sound-alikes. Seems like a huge mistake to me.

I know the code is super early so maybe it's just placeholder. Seems unlikely though.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
I'm finally glad to see an official Ghostbusters table get produced.

One thing that really bugs me about it though is the fact they forgo getting some of the licence music and replace them with sound-alikes. Seems like a huge mistake to me.

I know the code is super early so maybe it's just placeholder. Seems unlikely though.

Haha when I saw your name on the thread I was hoping you'd post about GB. :p

Soundalikes could be OK in that the game isn't really going for verisimilitude so much, but I haven't listened to a ton of it yet, kind of want to just enjoy the machine fresh when it comes in...hopefully soon (LE).

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
WOZ is so passive aggressive with its tilt. I tilted away a 90k bonus and the game is all like, "LOL bonus lost 90k."

Still looking forward to at least trying GB. What's everyone think of Hobbit? I'm sure a few of you have played it?

Shaneus

WOZ is so passive aggressive with its tilt. I tilted away a 90k bonus and the game is all like, "LOL bonus lost 90k."

Still looking forward to at least trying GB. What's everyone think of Hobbit? I'm sure a few of you have played it?
I know there was talk of doing that on some machines, mentioning the bonus you tilted out. Such a great idea, adds to the humiliation. Hope we see it on more!

Blu10

One of the hosts in my league got it, and we played it this week. The game is stunning, and deep. I almost enjoyed watching others play it more than actually playing it. The one negative is the third flipper. I saw no reason for it, and it is super dangerous to use.

The local operator yesterday put ghostbusters on location at a bar 2 miles from my house. I'll be checking it out tonight to see how it stacks up.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
So those Stern tables will get their own application or will they also be integrated into The Pinball Arcade?

This line makes me think it will be a new application:

With the release of the Stern Pinball Arcade we will be implementing FarSight Pinball Physics 4.0 which will be even more realistic.

Lettuce

I think they should have gone with a more universal 'friendly' table!, this is great for fans of ADDC but i feeling something like Lord Of The Rings, Star Trek or Tron would have been more appealing to a larger audience of people

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Probably way higher licensing cost on those is my guess? AC/DC's a really good title too. Would have preferred Metallica but I'm biased since I own it. :D

Given the way its laid out, Stern is still happening, we are getting Ghostbusters and Star Trek for sure without the need for Kickstarter, but we do need it for AC/DC

Lettuce

Given the way its laid out, Stern is still happening, we are getting Ghostbusters and Star Trek for sure without the need for Kickstarter, but we do need it for AC/DC

The KS video is very confusing then, i couldn't work out if they need this money for designing and developing this new engine/game or if it was for the actual ADDC table itself!!??

The KS video is very confusing then, i couldn't work out if they need this money for designing and developing this new engine/game or if it was for the actual ADDC table itself!!??

Yeah, if you read over it (at least, going off the written description) this is for the table. Though yeah, having now watched the video a bit, i see the confusion.

-Gozer-

Yeah, the video makes it sound like the KS is for the development of the new engine (possibly improvements with the old one?) and for the AC/DC licence.

Shaneus

Like I mentioned on Pinside, I was hoping we'd get the current physics (implemented first in Xenon) across all the tables on iOS first, rather than this. But maybe we'll get these physics on all platforms for everything.

VERY interesting that they're using the scripting directly from Stern so they don't have to emulate the ROMs. Should mean improved sound quality too because they won't be recording sounds manually like they do now. Can only hope things like lightshows will now be properly in sync with sound rather than being a little out (look at BK2K, for example).

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
That's a ton of money for AC/DC. Not a fan.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
I think FarSight is just a case study in how many nights you can keep a fly-by-night operation going. More power to 'em :p

So will none of the newer tables come to The Pinball Arcade? I just downloaded the Wii U version and now I hear about Stern Pinball Arcade and I want that Ghostbusters table. :(

Shinriji

Hey guys, do you know if the remaining season 5 tables will come to vita? I know that some tables were released for the PS4.

Vyse24

So will none of the newer tables come to The Pinball Arcade? I just downloaded the Wii U version and now I hear about Stern Pinball Arcade and I want that Ghostbusters table. :(

I think some of the newer tables like Ghostbusters will be exclusive to SPA. TPA will still have some of the classic tables coming out.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Interesting news about that Stern Pinball agreement. I wonder what that entails.

I have been out of the loop with recent pinball releases. What tables are reasonable for release?

Haven't played this in almost a year, came back tonight and I swear the PS3 version has terrible input lag. Can't remember if this has always been here and the PS4 version is better, and I've tried to live with it for an hour now and now I can't tell if it's only Adams Family doing it

Vyse24

Pinball Arcade said:
Just a quick update on our project for the Doctor Who: Regenerated table.
Our artists have been tirelessly working on bringing this vision to life, so we decided to show you what they are doing. With approval from the BBC, we can now confirm that the War Doctor (played by John Hurt) will be featured as one of the Doctors on our new table!
Here's a sneak peak at what he will look like on the playfield.

yvP74YT.jpg

One timelord down... Six more to go. Can you guess them all? May the mystery and rumors begin!!!
Interesting. Any thoughts from the Dr. Who fanbase?

Plinko

Interesting. Any thoughts from the Dr. Who fanbase?

David Tennant and Matt Smith need to be on there. They are easily the most recognizable for the fan base. My assumption is Eccleston won't.

Top Bottom