• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The possible console PS5 Slim leaked? (Update: possible video)

4gCcL8b.png

RUMOR: Leak from China claiming they got packaging for the new PS5 with detachable disc drive (unknown if true)

-The height is about 5 cm lower, but the thickness is the same, not slim, but a renewed model
- Added a black slit to the cover. Abolition of changing clothes?
- Two Type-C ports on the front

The photo internal power supply for PS5 Slim:

The new update:

The PS5 Fat fan console:
pXJofJK.jpg

Another day another leak still waiting for the official reveal

Last edited:

jm89

Assuming this isn't complete bullshit.

They put slits on both side to allow disc drive to be attached on either side?

Trying to understand why they need that ugly slit on both sides.

Last edited:

Robb

Gold Member
It took no time for the same comments, over and over again : 'looks hideous'. Are you staring at your console the whole time when you're playing or what!?
Not really, if this is significantly smaller I’ll probably bite either way. Current model is too big for me to hide.

Not really, if this is significantly smaller I’ll probably bite either way. Current model is too big for me to hide.
I have nowhere to even put a PS5. It won’t fit on the tv stand or in the little shelves. Well I guess I could sit it on the floor but that’s weird. I could fit my PS4 and Switch on the stand.

Really need a slim model!

Roufianos

If you were expecting a complete visual redesign to fit your particular tastes, this is probably on you.
I wasn't expecting anything, I wouldn't buy it even if I did like the redesign. I have my PS5 hidden out of view so it doesn't ugly up my room, no biggie.

But it's not just 'my particular tastes', I just looked at polls across here, GameFaqs and Era. Seeing as the majority of people think the design is bad, you would think Sony would use this chance for a redesign.

So the dude who was talking the other day about having seen the slim was for real? And yeah, it does look boring! In any case, no point in picking it up if you already have a PS5, especially with the Pro hopefully coming next year.

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
It took no time for the same comments, over and over again : 'looks hideous'. Are you staring at your console the whole time when you're playing or what!?
Oh come on. Sony (and every other consumer electronics company) put tons and tons of effort into the aesthetics of their products. This is something that’s intended to sit in your living room. The size/appearance are fair game for criticism.

twilo99

This should’ve been the launch spec.

Looking forward to some thermal testing.

Volume wise it will be much closer to the x

Surely they will announce this soon? not that I’m in any rush for a PS5 but might pick one up to play my old PS4 games. I miss Bloodborne.

Solidus_T

That's cool and all, and I'm sure it runs better than a launch console given the shrunken and improved architecture, but when's the pro?

RUMOR: Leak from China claiming they got packaging for the new PS5 with detachable disc drive (unknown if true)

- The height is about 5 cm lower, but the thickness is the same, not slim, but a renewed model
- Added a black slit to the cover. Abolition of changing clothes?
- Two Type-C ports on the front

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
Is this supposed to come with a disc drive or the option to buy one? I assume the latter, but some of the stuff I'm reading suggests it's included.

Top Bottom