• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Suffering 2 is looking good

LG_SufferingTTB_04.jpg

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
The first game was well done for the first half, but it started to run low on steam in the second half. The game was at its best when you were in the prison or the asylum in near darkness as the game played tricks on your senses with sound, corner-of-the-eye sights and other flashes of imagery. When it gets out into the open, it loses much of the ability to mess with you and then has to rely on fairly standard 3rd person shooter mechanics to coast to the end.

I thought the first one defined the term "average." Decent 3rd person shooter, which in all fairness, is becoming harder to find anymore.

I really liked The Suffering. Silent Hill without the puzzles.

I think I'll play it again and be a bad guy.

Looking forward to the sequel.

Ark-AMN

Banned
The Suffering is a good game from a first-time developer (Surreal, well, at least I think it was their first title), and I look foward to seeing how they handle the sequel.

The Suffering had great creature designs and some pretty good atmosphere, but overall it just felt pretty average to me. I also hated that the main character's name was Torque. Way to attract in the 'hip' gamers there, Midway. Maybe in The Suffering 2 Torque will be joined by his new partner, Bling.

The Suffering was like Silent Hill without the puzzles... and the creativity... and the intelligence... and the overall artistry. In fact, comparing The Suffering to Silent Hill would be like comparing a Quarter Pounder w/ Cheese to a filet mignon. Translate that as you will. :D

Pimpbaa

Ark-AMN said:
The Suffering is a good game from a first-time developer (Surreal, well, at least I think it was their first title), and I look foward to seeing how they handle the sequel.

It wasn't their first game. They made Drakan for pc and ps2. Not sure what they made before that.

Top Bottom