• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA5 Single Player : PS5 or PC??

Mindman

I'm one of the last 10 people alive to have not played GTA5 single player yet, and I'm getting close to playing it finally! I got the free Epic Store version on PC, and I bought the $10 Enhanced PS5 version when that came out. Typically, I default to PC, but this is one a little trickier. I played the first 30 mins or so on both platforms. The Enhanced edition looks and runs great on PS5 in performance mode, and had a couple nice features like native HDR, and the PC version looks good also, but even with the NaturalVision mod installed, it didn't look all that much better in the opening sections of the game? I've got plenty of hardware to run it.

Both versions suffer from stuttering cutscenes, sadly, and evidently there is no fix for that, even on PC. Which to play?

I'm about to do the same thing. It's worth it to me for gun mods, better physics, gun sounds, muzzle flashes, natural vision evolved (use monster killer00k preset for better performance). And I wanna do the LSPD mod... but that's me

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Not modded.

Natural Vision is stunning if you were to play the game.

Access to gameplay enhancement mods too make PC the best choice.

The PC version is the best version, but if you don't feel like messing with mods, just do the PS5 version. Not really a big deal either way.
Isn’t the base os5 going to have Ray tracing and pc still doesn’t it?

I didn’t want to mod so ps4 looked great compared to pc

Not modded.

Natural Vision is stunning if you were to play the game.

Access to gameplay enhancement mods too make PC the best choice.

The PC version is the best version, but if you don't feel like messing with mods, just do the PS5 version. Not really a big deal either way.
You ever had issues with NVE and other mods from nexus or gta5mods?

Yeah, I think one could make a fair argument that PS5's lighting is a bit better, but everything else is substantially better on PC.

There's a fair number of comparison videos on YT if one was inclined to check em' out.

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life
PC of course.

Controls + input lag, IQ, ultrawide, mods... graphics only missing RT reflections but those are present only at 30slidespersecond on consoles so is the same as nothing....

I go PC in nearly every case, and will do so until consoles technically outperform my PC. If you prefer the Dualshock 5 as your input, you can usually use it on PC with some fiddlin'.

Only times I play on PS5 when both it and PC are options is:
1) I'm going to play with my friends where the voice chatting is a simpler process on PS5 than trying to set up a crossplatform chat with them
2) The local pawn shop has a better deal on a used PS5 game than I can find online for PC

King Dazzar

I've done and loved both, but as shocking as it for PC lovers, I preferred the PS5 version. It got updated with proper HDR, and has excellent use of dualsense features: haptics (makes vehicles feel better and things like rain can be felt) plus stuff like police chatter comes through the controller speaker. I was really impressed.

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life
I've done and loved both, but as shocking as it for PC lovers, I preferred the PS5 version. It got updated with proper HDR, and has excellent use of dualsense features: haptics (makes vehicles feel better and things like rain can be felt) plus stuff like police chatter comes through the controller speaker. I was really impressed.
And on PC we can use racing wheels.

SliChillax

PS5 has hdr and ray tracing shadows and reflections but worse draw distance and lower fps. I have a 4090 and thought the game looked way better on my Oled due to hdr and ray tracing but pc has higher fps.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
You just sold the PC version even more.

tumblr_ow67p7mjdr1vbcnq8o1_500.gif

Buggy Loop

Always PC

I don't think I want to replay it any time soon but the mods recently are something that is making it tempting

NVE :

You just sold the PC version even more.

I can't believe the anisotropic filtering on consoles. When they drive at 2:15. I keep seeing console games with settings I haven't seen since nearly 2 decades. I was on anisotropic filtering 16x since probably Serious Sam 2001. The hell is that. Performance seems atrocious too.

Last edited:

Synless

Always PC

I don't think I want to replay it any time soon but the mods recently are something that is making it tempting

NVE :

I can't believe the anisotropic filtering on consoles. When they drive at 2:15. I keep seeing console games with settings I haven't seen since nearly 2 decades. I was on anisotropic filtering 16x since probably Serious Sam 2001. The hell is that. Performance seems atrocious too.

Those trailers are really well edited. Modders have come a long way…

Perrott

Gold Member
The game is straight up broken on PC, especially the options and graphics menu. Horrible experience.

PS5, even if the LODs aren't quite as detailed as PC's ultra setting, at least has raytracing, better anti-aliasing (TAA), raytraced reflections and shadows, DualSense features and quicker loading thanks to the SSD.

Puscifer

Feel like the only reason we didn't get it is because they know it would have to be a free update on PC vs forcing the double dip on consoles

Zathalus

PC is your PC is more powerful then the PS5 and you are willing to mod. Otherwise the PS5 version works well.

Pelta88

Console. None of the PC enhancements outweigh the level of cheating / hacks we saw in GTAV.

Last edited:

angelgs90

I'm currently playing it on Steam Deck.

Very high settings, downsampling from higher resolution, and locked 40fps.

Bojji

Thanks to rockstar being assholes and not updating their games PS5 is better in many aspects and I will replay it on PS5 (if I ever feel urge to do so).

Tried the Series X version a long while back and it was crap due to the input lag. PS5 will almost certainly have the same controls and feel the same. Go with PC, it'll play a lot better and can be modded.

Top Bottom