• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Unofficially Official X05 Thread (announcements go in here, clones)

Only thing I don't like about Kameo is the main character transformation stuff. I don't think anything the player can "turn into" looks very appealing. =\

pestul

krypt0nian said:
meh2lt.jpg

"Oral sex anyone? Anyone?"
Dredful.. :lol

scarybore

krypt0nian said:
meh2lt.jpg

"Oral sex anyone? Anyone?"

:lol Can anyone explain to me why she suddenly decided to jump and do a half roll? Also why did daddy dums suddenly become a cripple and started to drag himself across the bridge?

Shiggy

King Jippo said:
Too Human? The game that SK was f-ing around with for 10 years is made for 360 in just over a year? MS must know how to crack the whip.

It won't be released until autumn 2006.

crunker99

LOLOl
IGN Changed the page

to SHOWCASE Xbox360 titles

hahaha

someone just got fired at IGN

Here is the image for posterity:

ign-goof.jpg

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Deathcraze said:
:lol Can anyone explain to me why she suddenly decided to jump and do a half roll? Also why did daddy dums suddenly become a cripple and started to drag himself across the bridge?

you left out how the helicopter got a missile lock on a wood bridge :p

eso76

phew. at least too human looks good.
everything i've seen so far looked like it was put together in 5 mins...

scarybore

op_ivy said:
you left out how the helicopter got a missile lock on a wood bridge :p

But they started jumping around like muppets before the helicopter did anything, unless im missed something...

op_ivy

Deathcraze said:
But they started jumping around like muppets before the helicopter did anything, unless im missed something...

i was just adding to what you had said ;)

the trailer was junk. looked like something you'd see of an amature cg video for a 2 year tech school

Are we going to be getting any real trailers at this event? All we are seeing right now are unpolished, minute long clips. I thought that we would be seeing some longer trailers.

Lakitu

st5fu
Those trailers are just... crap. I mean course the games look nice, but they're just horridly put together, I don't wanna see the main character of GOW shooting like a mad man.

op_ivy

Sathsquatch said:
Are we going to be getting any real trailers at this event? All we are seeing right now are unpolished, minute long clips. I thought that we would be seeing some longer trailers.

i'm sure we will be, its still early.

these "trailers" are really just that, gameplay clips.

scarybore

op_ivy said:
i was just adding to what you had said ;)

the trailer was junk. looked like something you'd see of an amature cg video for a 2 year tech school

My bad, read your initial post wrong. I wish I had Prine levels of enthusiasm but so far PS0 hasnt given any reasons for me to show any :(

jedimike

great job keeping this updated amir0x! It's nice to find everything you need in the first post of the thread and not have to go sifting through pages.

Amir0x

Banned
jedimike said:
great job keeping this updated amir0x! It's nice to find everything you need in the first post of the thread and not have to go sifting through pages.

Thanks, I'm trying. It's getting a little fast now for 56k ;)

But, again... MEGA-UPDATED! Thanks once more to krypt0nian, op_ivy, PhatSaqs and a bunch of other random people. Woo woo.

Musashi Wins! said:
lock this garbage.

:(

Atari Presents Diverse Xbox 360 and Xbox Line Up at X05

Tuesday October 4, 2:00 pm ET
- Strong Line Up for Microsoft's Next-Generation Xbox 360 and Current-Gen Xbox Systems

AMSTERDAM, Netherlands, Oct. 4 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Atari, Inc. (Nasdaq: ATAR - News) today presented its full line-up of forthcoming titles for the next-generation Xbox 360(TM) and current-gen Xbox® video game and entertainment systems from Microsoft. With presentations of the titles at Microsoft's X05 event in Amsterdam, Netherlands, Atari is cementing its commitment to Microsoft's next-generation hardware with three outstanding original games, and supporting the current Xbox with strong licenses and highly anticipated titles.

"The games we are currently working on for Xbox 360 represent a diverse offering, with the focus squarely on delivering quality and an astounding next-gen experience," said Cyril Voiron, Marketing Director, Atari Europe. "At the same time, the upcoming Xbox titles represent some of the most exciting and powerful properties, franchises and licenses in the video game market place today."

Alone in the Dark (Xbox 360)

Featuring a unique gameplay structure adapted for a broader audience, Alone in the Dark will provide a complete next-generation, action-packed experience within a highly detailed, free-roaming environment, featuring a mixture of astonishing real-time physics and full environmental interaction. The game is being developed by Eden Games, a leading first party studio of Infogrames Entertainment and considered amongst the finest in the industry.

Test Drive Unlimited (Xbox 360)

Packed with over 100 vehicles, one thousand plus miles of open roads, and an abundance of online options, Test Drive: Unlimited is the ultimate online automotive gaming experience. Making full use of Xbox® Live(TM), racers around the world will challenge others to join them in the virtual paradise of the game's persistent online racing world. Test Drive: Unlimited is being developed by Eden Games and is scheduled for release in spring 2006.

TimeShift (Xbox 360, Xbox)

The unprecedented technology in TimeShift empowers gamers with the ability to slow, stop and reverse the flow of time around them while remaining completely unaffected. These complex and original time control scenarios are integral to the gameplay, and take first-person action games in an entirely new direction. Developed by Saber Interactive and scheduled for release on Xbox 360 in spring 2006, and Xbox in summer 2006.

The Matrix: Path of Neo(TM) (Xbox)

Set in the Matrix film universe, The Matrix: Path of Neo empowers gamers to actually play as "Neo," the central character, and relive his most important and memorable scenarios from the complete film trilogy. Throughout the game, the path the player takes to resolve each scenario and the resulting consequences will be scripted and directed by the Wachowski Brothers. The Matrix: Path of Neo incorporates the storyline and footage from all three feature films, as well as THE ANIMATRIX. The game includes the likenesses of all of the films' key actors -- Keanu Reeves (Neo), Laurence Fishburne (Morpheus), Carrie-Ann Moss (Trinity), and Hugo Weaving (Agent Smith) -- as well as several sequences of film-quality live-action, full-motion footage (FMV), as well as Hollywood-quality effect sequences. The Matrix: Path of Neo is being developed by Shiny Entertainment and scheduled for release in November 2005.

Marc Ecko's Getting Up: Contents Under Pressure (Xbox)

With players taking the role of Trane, a young graffiti artist striving to become a legend, Marc Ecko's Getting Up: Contents Under Pressure promises to be an homage to graffiti's rich culture. Told through an alternate reality in a futuristic universe, the game represents the culmination of seven years of story and character development by fashion pioneer Marc Ecko, the visionary behind several of today's most respected youth lifestyle brands. Marc Ecko's Getting Up: Contents Under Pressure is being developed by The Collective and is scheduled for release in November 2005.

Driver: Parallel Lines (Xbox)

The genre-defining Driver franchise returns to its gameplay roots in Driver: Parallel Lines, with highly sophisticated, adrenaline-pumping car chase AI and unprecedented vehicle dynamics and physics. Driver: Parallel Lines is set in a photorealistic interpretation of New York City, features a seamless open mission structure integrated around a central storyline, and will be one of the first games of the genre to incorporate online play for console versions. Driver: Parallel Lines is being developed by Reflections Interactive and is scheduled for release in spring 2006.

Microsoft PR

Titles that will form part of the impressive Christmas holiday portfolio include these:

"Kameo: Elements of PowerTM" (MGS-Rare Ltd.). Renowned game developer Rare introduces "Kameo: Elements of PowerTM," a mystical action-adventure game available exclusively on Xbox 360, in which the ability to morph into unique and incredible warriors allows Kameo to search out and battle ever-present evil. Boasting impeccable next-generation graphics and innovative gameplay, "Kameo" shines as a giant leap in game development. Continuing its legacy of creating dynamic puzzles, immersive combat and enormous environments, Rare fuses multiple genres to create a strikingly fun gaming experience destined for widespread appeal.

"Perfect Dark ZeroTM" (MGS-Rare Ltd.). Joanna Dark returns in the Xbox 360-exclusive "Perfect Dark Zero," the prequel to the international award-winning and multimillion-selling first-person shooter "Perfect Dark®" from famed game developer Rare. A secret war has begun between shadowy corporations bent on world domination. Joanna Dark and her father, Jack, are caught up in the fight for the planet's future. A routine bounty-hunting mission rips open a global conspiracy that will change Joanna's destiny ? forever.

"Project Gotham Racing® 3" (MGS-Bizarre Creations Ltd.). The popular "PGR®" franchise zooms onto the Xbox 360, expanding many of the "Project Gotham Racing" features that gamers have grown to love. "PGR 3" creates the ultimate roster of the hottest supercars in existence, introduces them to the high-definition era, and drops them into a completely new gaming world, where style rules the road. Racers define and create individually customised gameplay, and can race each other ? online or offline. The "Project Gotham Racing" franchise is designed by Bizarre Creations, a long-established independent games developer, based in Liverpool, England. Bizarre is focused on producing high-quality, playable games that make the most of the advanced technology for which they are designed. Bizarre Creations can be found on the Web at http://www.bizarreonline.net or http://www.bizarrecreations.com.

op_ivy

Amir0x said:

the lock this garbage quote was from my ign announces the 360 launch line up thread.... which was obviously an error that i would have caught if i had read it before posting it. ign later fixed their mistake and a mod merged the thread into this.

noone wants this thread locked, aside from the most evil of haters ;)

X05: Xbox, Adidas Announce Global Marketing Alliance

Also announced at X05 in Amsterdam today, Microsoft's Xbox division and sports company Adidas have announced a long-term strategic alliance, in concert with promotions related to the Electronic Arts-publisher, Xbox 360 exclusive FIFA 06: Road to FIFA World Cup.

This alliance between Microsoft and Adidas encompasses a plethora of cross-promotional activities. The companies have announced Xbox 360 kiosks will be placed in Adidas retail locations across the U.S., Europe, Japan, Canada, Asia, Latin America, Australia and New Zealand for a variety of activities leading up to the FIFA 2006 World Cup.

Xbox will join Adidas in supporting the MTV series "MTV Goal - Germany 2006," which follows the progress of 10 of the globe's most promising young football talents as they bid to make it into their national squads in time for 2006. The show will be screened beginning mid-November 2005. In addition, Adidas will install content on Xbox 360 consoles, while Xbox will enjoy presence on Adidas' planned FIFA 2006 World Cup mobile portal. Finally, Xbox will have kiosks at all Adidas grassroots football events in the lead up to the FIFA 2006 World Cup.

"The alliance between adidas and Xbox reflects the fact that sports, lifestyle and video games are inextricably linked," said Peter Moore, corporate vice president of Worldwide Marketing and Publishing for Xbox at Microsoft Corp. "Xbox 360 is a place where all three of these elements come together to truly amplify the sport experience. We look forward to working with adidas on this exciting program."

Richard Prenderville, head of Global Media at Adidas, added, "We are really excited by our alliance with Xbox 360. The innovation it is driving is something we believe in at Adidas, and our collaboration will excite an entire audience who loves to game indoors and out."

Early media impressions

http://www.next-gen.biz/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1229&Itemid=2

XO5: Xbox 360 Launch Countdown Begins

At XO5 tonight Microsoft showed vast improvements in its Xbox 360 offerings, but gave up little in the way of new announcements.

Marketing chief Peter Moore declared the launch line-up of games to be "the greatest line up in the history of games, ever" but there are still only three games confirmed for Day One release, those being Kameo, Perfect Dark and Project Gotha. Moore pointed out that there would be a "steady stream" of releases during "the launch window" - a vague term at the best of times. These amount to 25 titles, with a further 250 in development. He also said that are currently 200 games in development for original Xbox.

J.Allard came on to talk about Xbox Live, stressing the service's ease-of-use and functionality. He showed a way to avoid playing with annoying people using a simple graphical device. However, there was little that we haven't already seen.

Robbie Bach focused on Microsoft's desire to win over the European market. He acknowledged that the company had made a howler of the original Xbox launch in Europe, pricing the system too high and delivering it late into the market. He said that continent had been "a second class citizen" in gaming for too long.

The news of Peter Jackson producing the Halo movie was well received by the 1,000 or so journos present. A video showed Jackson talking about how he will make use of Halo's assets and culture to create a blockbuster of Kong Kong proportions.

John Carmack at id was also on the screen, announcing Wolfenstein and stating that Xbox 360 is now id's primary development platform. Bioware announced a game called Mass Effect, Ubi said there would be a Splinter Cell 4 and Silicon Knights has resurrected Too Human. Realtime Worlds is also working on an urban action game called Crackdown.

There can be no doubt that, in comparison to E3, the games we saw tonight look great. Perfect Dark stood out as a particularly impressive example of what Xbox 360 can do; or rather, is doing right now. But anyone expecting a rush of new stuff will have left disappointed.

Tomorrow: We'll being you first impressions of the games from the floor itself.

dorio

Banned
Great European marketing move there.
Perfect Dark stood out as a particularly impressive example of what Xbox 360 can do; or rather, is doing right now.
What!? That impressed after seeing videos of pgr3?

sonycowboy said:
There can be no doubt that, in comparison to E3, the games we saw tonight look great. Perfect Dark stood out as a particularly impressive example of what Xbox 360 can do; or rather, is doing right now. But anyone expecting a rush of new stuff will have left disappointed.

*Sings*

Life is a rollercoaster just gotta ride it (all night long) I need you, so stop hiding ...

op_ivy

is there a downloadable link for that too human trailer? i cant get streams to work from xbox.com

quetz67

Banned
Sathsquatch said:
WOW! I thought some of the screens were unimpressive, but that trailer was the most exciting footage that I've seen come out of X05 so far.
I think some of the screens show great art with the trailer - while being impressive - seems to be showing the less inspired part

Top Bottom