• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Unofficially Official X05 Thread (announcements go in here, clones)

The xbox.com site also has the full, direct feed version of the GOW trailer. Much better than the partial trailer IGN has on their site. It also has an awesome Kameo trailer that shows off some Co-op (both split screen and one screen, indicating online Co-op).

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Sathsquatch said:
The xbox.com site also has the full, direct feed version of the GOW trailer. Much better than the partial trailer IGN has on their site. It also has an awesome Kameo trailer that shows off some Co-op (both split screen and one screen, indicating online Co-op).

link please. not sure how to navigate that site

EDIT: new kameo shots http://www.xboxyde.com/news_2083_en.html

Man, the xbox.com videos are awesome! IGN has really done a disservice to MS by showing their severely gimped versions of these trailers.

Anyone that hasn't seen the Full Auto, Kameo, or Too Human trailers yet should definitely do so.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Didn't see this anywhere, its a Mass Effect fact sheet.

Title: "Mass Effect"
Publisher: Microsoft Game Studios
Developer: BioWare Corp.
Format: DVD for the Xbox 360 video game system
ESRB Rating: Pending
Availability: TBD
Pricing: TBD

Product Overview:
"Mass Effect" is a science fiction action-RPG created by BioWare Corp., the commercially and critically acclaimed RPG developer of "Jade Empire," "Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic," "Neverwinter Nights," and the "Baldur's Gate" series. "Mass Effect" will deliver an immersive story driven gameplay experience with stunning visual fidelity. Published by Microsoft Game Studios, "Mass Effect" will be exclusively for the Xbox 360 video game system.

As the first human Specter - sworn defenders of galactic peace - your mission is to halt the advancing armies of a legendary agent gone rogue. But as you lead your elite team across hostile alien worlds, you will discover the true threat is far greater than anyone imagined.

Key Features:

* Immersive RPG: Determine the fate of mankind as you lead an elite tactical strike force as an epic galaxy-wide conflict unfolds. "Mass Effect" will take the player into new depths of an action-roleplaying game, with choice-based gameplay.
* Rich and engaging storyline: While defending galactic peace and earning a position of respect for humanity in the community, gamers will discover that a greater conflict between organic life and artificial intelligence exists. Players' decisions and actions will serve to shape the destiny of all life in the galaxy as you become absorbed in the story that is "Mass Effect," the first game in an epic trilogy from BioWare. They will become the center of an engrossing story as they battle against alien life forms to save the galaxy from threatening armies.
* Player controls the ultimate fate of the galaxy: The player's decisions and actions will serve to shape the destiny of all life in the galaxy, while raising humanity to the pinnacle of galactic civilization via noble means or via tyranny.
* Real-time squad based combat: "Mass Effect" employs a real-time, squad based, tactical combat system. Players will be immersed in intense, challenging and exciting combat.
* Explore uncharted worlds: In addition to the main story arc of the game, players will be able to visit a large number of uncharted, unexplored planets which are not directly tied to the main story. At any time during the campaign, a player can choose to explore one of these planets in an all-terrain rover in order to discover new alien life, resources, ruined civilizations and powerful technologies.
* Digital actors: "Mass Effect" features a huge cast of in-engine digital actors that you will encounter as NPCs, enemies or as party members. Each will have life-like facial and body movements, and an advanced dialogue system will give them engaging personalities.
* Character customization: Players will be able to choose from a variety of stunning, photo-realistic character appearances at the start of the game, and throughout the game can increase various statistics which will have an impact on their performance during gameplay. Equipment, weapons and armor that are acquired during the course of the story will change the appearance of the characters.
* Next-generation gaming defined: "Mass Effect" takes advantage of Xbox 360's hardware providing gamers with exciting new experiences, including photo-realistic, high definition graphics on an epic scale. As the future of gaming goes online, Xbox360 live features, including premium downloadable content and recognition of achievement will be available via the Xbox Live service.

Major Nelson posted the press conference MP3.

save as

X05 Press Conference
Posted: October 4, 2005 @ 11:58 am (17 minutes ago) By: Major Nelson

Blogcast of the Xbox X05 Press Confrence held on Tuesday, 10/4/05.

Note: Due to rights issues, part of the audio has been blanked out.

Wow. Mass Effect is sounding better and better. As someone who enjoys exploring a game world, especially in an RPG, the "uncharted, unexplored worlds" element sounds cool.

AB 101

Banned
John Carmack at id was also on the screen, announcing Wolfenstein and stating that Xbox 360 is now id's primary development platform.

I knew Carmack was in bed with MS the whole time. ;)

Sathsquatch said:
Man, the xbox.com videos are awesome! IGN has really done a disservice to MS by showing their severely gimped versions of these trailers.

Anyone that hasn't seen the Full Auto, Kameo, or Too Human trailers yet should definitely do so.

Check out the hotness that is the N3 trailer!

Crowza

krypt0nian said:
Major Nelson posted the press conference MP3.

save as

Wow! That project manager guy of PDZ from RARE, bombed big time on stage. "How many of you have played the original Perfect Dark? (silence) Well, you should have, it's a great game."

PhatSaqs

Banned
Crowza said:
Wow! That project manager guy of PDZ from RARE, bombed big time on stage. "How many of you have played the original Perfect Dark? (silence) Well, you should have, it's a great game."
lmfao :lol

Crowza said:

I know that killed me. :lol

Ceb

Kung Fu Jedi said:
Wow. Mass Effect is sounding better and better. As someone who enjoys exploring a game world, especially in an RPG, the "uncharted, unexplored worlds" element sounds cool.

Someone should make an ALIEN-themed game with freedom like this. *drools*

SuperPac

X05 has disappointed me in two ways thus far:

1) No indication of which games will be available on launch day versus launch window.
2) No indication of which games will be backwardly compatible on launch day or soon after.

That was the minimum information I was hoping for. I guess it could still happen tomorrow, but... I have a feeling it's unlikely.

45321320051004_211024_2_big.jpg

45321320051004_211023_1_big.jpg

45321320051004_211023_0_big.jpg

45321320051004_211024_3_big.jpg

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
this reminds me, wheres alan wake?

EDIT: ^^^ re5 was announced a long time ago

PhatSaqs

Banned
Sal Paradise Jr said:
My sentiments exactly.

It looks like it could be REALLY fucking good.
Agreed. But......

Quote: BioWare and Microsoft Game Studios are very pleased to introduce our unique vision of the future in Mass Effect. BioWare’s development team is putting together an unparalleled and exceptional game experience in everything from a sweeping storyline to photorealistic art to innovative and exciting combat using the next generation technology of the Xbox 360. Each day things get more and more impressive and I’m very proud of the work the team is doing. We are looking at about a year to a year and half before release but we will be sure to keep you up-to-date on our latest and greatest game.

Ceb

The first AitD pic is the only one that wows me.

Anyway... AitD IV seemed VERY sweet-looking and atmospheric when I first played it. However, as soon as the first enemy popped in, the game turned to shit. Even though this is being developed by another team, it would be an understatement to say that I find it worrying how this game is supposedly more "action-packed"...

It's BioWare. They take their time in crafting their games, and they're usually worth the wait. It's also an RPG. You didn't really expect and RPG, from BioWare, of this scope, to be out in the early life of the 360 did you?

Amir0x

Banned
crunker99 said:
Mass Effect is going to be my must buy on the Xbox360 Bioware Plus SciFI that isnt star wars? OMG KILL ME NOW

I know! I'm not a big Star Wars fan, and I thought the prequels were just outright offensively bad, so while I love KOTOR getting involved with the world was difficult for me. But THIS is like a dream come true!

Also, where the fuck are my SPLINTER CELL 4 teaser images :(

Chittagong

Gold Member
PhatSaqs said:
Mass Effect site + trailer = Fucking WOWO!

http://masseffect.bioware.com/

Seems Microsoft Game Studios bought a site license for Handel typeface for use in promotion of all their Sci-Fi games... And what's up with the typography in the trailer? So great effects and graphics and a freeware font...!?!

Looks stunning, anyway. Fantastic graphics and interesting characters. Looking very much forward to this.

Top Bottom