• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The very best of social media

John Marston

GAF's very own treasure goblin
jMCEEp2.jpg

Trogdor1123

Gold Member
I thought this was more interesting than funny. But I don't know where else to post it. Copper was being mined in Michigan as far back as 2450BC and stop abruptly at 1200 BC.

That is neat. The biggest thing to me is the volume that was mined and that they stopped so abruptly. Hope more archeologists look into it.

AJUMP23

Gold Member
That is neat. The biggest thing to me is the volume that was mined and that they stopped so abruptly. Hope more archeologists look into it.
The Phoenicians would have had the type of ships that could have done it. But it all seems amazing that not only would you sail across the ocean, but travel along half a continent to get to some pure copper mines. You could do a metallurgy test with Phoenician copper and Michigan copper to see, but that doesn't mean they did it, that just means they had access to whoever did it.

Trogdor1123

Gold Member
The Phoenicians would have had the type of ships that could have done it. But it all seems amazing that not only would you sail across the ocean, but travel along half a continent to get to some pure copper mines. You could do a metallurgy test with Phoenician copper and Michigan copper to see, but that doesn't mean they did it, that just means they had access to whoever did it.
I’d lean towards the indigenous doing it for trade with South America.

Either way, more work needs to be done

AJUMP23

Gold Member
I’d lean towards the indigenous doing it for trade with South America.

Either way, more work needs to be done
Very possible too. But you could check the copper in central America and the Michigan copper for their unique properties. I would imagine if someone was mining they would trade with whoever they had access to. If they had access to boat peoples or trade route people they are going to trade with them.

One thing we can take from this is that Native Americans need to apologize for all the indigenous land they took prior to the arrival of the European settler.

Who doesn't have a $10 fire blanket in their kitchen these days? You've got a nice kitchen and all that, buy a $10 safety blanket that's ready to pull into action within 2 seconds. They come prepacked and ready to hang in your kitchen with pull tabs.

That or just put a lid/plate on the pan and smother the fire, like an adult.

Trogdor1123

Gold Member
Who doesn't have a $10 fire blanket in their kitchen these days? You've got a nice kitchen and all that, buy a $10 safety blanket that's ready to pull into action within 2 seconds. They come prepacked and ready to hang in your kitchen with pull tabs.

That or just put a lid/plate on the pan and smother the fire, like an adult.
the fact that she didn’t use a lid was what made me shake my head… it’s just a small fire

Twitch cooking gone horribly right.

I've dated women that:

... Burned soup. In a microwave. (I never actually dated that one, there was potential but she was a narcissistic sociopath)

... messed up spaghetti. It came out in a clump.

... didn't know how to clean or wash dishes, and I had to teach her. I... Had to teach a 35-year-old woman how to clean dishes. I'm still wrapping my head around that.

All true stories. I'm not sure if there was a correlation between them being very attractive and being kind of useless when it came to pretty much anything (like the woman in this video) 😂

God damn. That's the first thing I've ever seen that made me want to have kids.
Seriously, I'm not a dad but seeing Archer smile when he first hears his parents... Holy shit, that smile is worth all the gold in the world. And that's just some rando Internet baby, imagine if it was your own. An explosion of feels.

So that's what parenting is all about I guess. A smile like that can melt away all the sleepless nights, all the shitty diapers, all the hissy fits... It's all worth it.

Last edited:

p_xavier

Authorized Fister
Amazing. It's moments like this when you realise how caring we can be to our fellow beings.

It's a heartwarming thing... And then we snap back to reality and think about ongoing wars and then think 'why the f*ck? We are so much better than this'. 🫣
I put other joking posts in the same thread. It might not have been appropriate but I'm a 100% pro life guy. Life is just amazing. We need to cherish every moment of it.

Top Bottom