• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Wolf Among Us Season 2, Batman: The Enemy Within, The Walking Dead: Final Season

kulapik

Batman S2 already though? Everyone thought it was DLC and turns out it isn't. And they're going full Joker it seems. Meh.

YESSSSSSSSSSS

6qd2jXI.png

Harmen

Yesterday I was bitching on Telltale and that I doubt they would still make a season as good as TWAU given their current direction, but eh, now that this is announced, I can't help but be happy.

Also, giving TWD a final season is a good idea as well. And I hope Batman is better than the awful first season (or, spefically, the awful latter half).

Milennia

Thank fuck

Honestly the first season got me to read all issues of the comic series

Just the thought that they weren’t working on this blew my fucking mind, I understand money first but have a damn soul for your fantastic ip

Walking Dead:
"SAN RAFAEL, Calif., July 19, 2017 -- Leading publisher of digital entertainment Telltale Games and Robert Kirkman's Skybound Entertainment, announced today that the critically acclaimed The Walking Dead: The Telltale Series - The Final Season (working title) is now in development to premiere in 2018.

In a series retrospective released today in celebration of Comic-Con through Telltale's Summer 2017 Update, the development team at Telltale sat down to reflect on the journey of series protagonist 'Clementine' since the first episode premiered in April of 2012. In discussing the character's path all the way through 2017's conclusion of The Walking Dead: A New Frontier, Telltale confirmed that this fourth and final season would focus on Clementine in the lead role, allowing players to fully step back into the shoes of the fan favorite character.

"It's going to be an amazing experience. Thank you all so much, from the bottom of my heart," said Melissa Hutchison, the award-winning actress who has been the voice of 'Clementine' since 2012. "It's been a lot of blood, sweat, and tears, and so much love has been behind this whole experience. Good luck, I'll be right there with you."

The Walking Dead: The Final Season (working title) will debut in 2018 on consoles, PC/Mac, iOS and Android-based devices. Additional platforms are yet to be announced."

Batman:
"SAN RAFAEL, Calif., July 19, 2017 -- Award-winning developer and publisher of digital entertainment Telltale Games, alongside DC Entertainment and Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment, today announced Batman: The Enemy Within - The Telltale Series, a new five-part, episodic game series that continues Telltale's unique take on the Caped Crusader. Episode one, 'The Enigma,' will be available for download starting August 8th, 2017 on Xbox One, PlayStation 4, PC and Mac, and will become available on iOS and Android-based devices later this year.

The series will also be available at retailers this October for Xbox One and PlayStation 4 on a special 'Season Pass Disc,' which will include the first episode of the season, as well as download access to all subsequent episodes as they are released through an online connection.

In this latest chapter, both Bruce Wayne and Batman will be forced into precarious new roles. The Riddler has returned to terrorize Gotham City, but his gruesome puzzles merely foreshadow an even greater crisis. With the arrival of a ruthless federal agent and the return of a still nascent Joker, Batman must navigate uneasy alliances while Bruce Wayne undertakes a perilous series of deceptions. Which of Batman's new allies will you choose to trust? And how deep into the darkness will you let Bruce descend?

This new season will be accessible to both returning fans and newcomers alike, though players' choices from the first season of Batman: The Telltale Series will optionally carry over into The Enemy Within. This season will also include Telltale's unique multiplayer 'Crowd Play' feature, which allows friends and family to engage with the adventure together by helping to decide the direction of the story from any mobile device with an online connection.

Rendered to look like a living, breathing comic book, Telltale's vision of Batman features an award-winning cast of talent including Troy Baker, who returns to reprise his role as Bruce Wayne, as well as Anthony Ingruber, who will reprise his fresh take on 'John Doe,' better known to fans as The Joker.

Batman: The Enemy Within will be a standalone product separate from the first season of Batman: The Telltale Series and is licensed by Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment and based on DC's iconic character. The second season will be available for download on Xbox One, PlayStation 4, PC, Mac, iOS, and Android-based devices. The series is currently in development and has not yet been rated by the ESRB."

hotcyder

Willing to give them a chance on the second season of Batman - but the first go round was such a trash heap they'll have a lot of work to do.

Very excited for Wolf 2 though

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
Mildly interested in TWAU2, but been pretty indifferent to Telltales output outside of the original and Tales from the Borderlands.

TimFL

I guess there's a lot of pressure on them now with TWAUS2. TWAU is my favorite Telltale game (tightly followed by TFTB) so I hope season 2 is on par in terms of quality.

Zutrax

Yesssssss, Wolf Among Us Season 2 is about the only Telltale game announcement I feel I can muster up hype for anymore, so I'm really glad this got announced and I hope it's at least as good as the first season.

I'm a little bummed no Game of Thrones Season 2, we are in the midst of GoT hype due to the new show season and I've been waiting awhile for the follow up. I realize I'm in the minority though, it was mediocre as far as all their projects go but I'm too enraptured by that universe to care.

I personally feel they fucked up making the playable character in TWD3 not be Clem, I certainly hope she's the playable character in the final season. Give me that last adventure end it with whatever fate they want but for the love of god make her the playable character.

xrnzaaas

Awesome to hear about The Wolf Among Us S02.

I'm not so sure they'll leave TWD just like that, maybe it'll be the end of Clementine's story and we'll get something brand new after that.

jett

D-Member
New engine or bust. Batman was bordering on being unplayable on my PC.

Only interested in TWAU2 to be honest.

Anung

Un Rama
Suprised they'd cop to having a final season The Walking Dead. I mean bringing Clems storyline to a close is inevitable but I thought they'd just keep making Walking Dead games forever.

Top Bottom