• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Wolf Among Us Season 2, Batman: The Enemy Within, The Walking Dead: Final Season

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
I didn't buy it until way later on sale. How bad was the release schedule?

Wolf Ep 1 to Ep 2 was a 4 month wait. There were rumors that they had to re-write the game because of some plot leaks.. who knows if that's true but yeah .. almost 5 months between Ep 1 and 2. They fixed it for subsequent episodes. An episode a month.

Since then I've started just waiting for all 5 episodes of TT's games to come out and get them on disc.

Cronen

I didn't buy it until way later on sale. How bad was the release schedule?

Episode 1: October 11, 2013
Episode 2: February 4, 2014
Episode 3: April 8, 2014
Episode 4: May 27, 2014
Episode 5: July 8, 2014

It eventually got better, but that gap between episodes one and two were painful.

theRizzle

You are nuts if you buy any of these before at least 50 or 60% of the episdoes are out. Telltale games will always go on sale before they are complete, and they will almost always miss the release schedule... don't play yourself.

That said, very glad they are going back to The Wolf Among Us, and also glad they they are coming right out and saying that it will be the last season of TWD. I just finished Season 3 and was a little miffed that I figured I'd have to wait a few more years to see Clem again, so I'm happy they've at least announced something.

You are nuts if you buy any of these before at least 50 or 60% of the episdoes are out. Telltale games will always go on sale before they are complete, and they will almost always miss the release schedule... don't play yourself.

Maybe some of us like playing and discussing each episode upon release?

OrionX

QczRWMW.gif

Awww yissssss. Can't wait.

I've never seen these amazing gifs before but they perfectly capture my level of enthusiasm atm.

Fjordson

Damn, can't wait for Wolf Among Us S2. The first season is probably my favourite modern Telltale game.

My other favourite is Tales from the Borderlands though =[ where's the second season for that??

Woo! Can't wait for Wolf Among Us Season 2!

Took a break from Telltale after blowing through a bunch of the games (and I was somewhat pissed they stopped putting stuff on Vita...), but this will be a good opportunity to jump back in.

GavinUK86

I still haven't finished Batman or the recent Walking Dead season. Only played the first episode of Batman and episode one and two of TWD. How did they end up? Good or bad on the TT scale?

Imbarkus

As Sartre noted in his contemplation on Hell in No Exit, the true horror is other members.
I still haven't finished Batman or the recent Walking Dead season. Only played the first episode of Batman and episode one and two of TWD. How did they end up? Good or bad on the TT scale?

Batman was really solid. I was very surprised.

I haven't played Michonne of the latest Walking Dead either. I was going to do Guardians next once the final ep drops.

Glad to hear about the Batman follow-up. I wanted more when it was done.

blackw0lf

Looking at Steamspy, TFTB sold significantly more than Batman did, so curious why they're investing in another season of Batman first. (Though I did think the Batman series was pretty darn good).

https://steamspy.com/dev/Telltale+Games

Top selling Telltale series

1. Walking Dead
2. Walking Dead Season 2
3. Poker Night at the Inventory
4. Wolf Among Us.
5. PNI2
6. TFTB
7. Game of Thrones

theRizzle

Maybe some of us like playing and discussing each episode upon release?

Maybe you do? That doesn't make you not nuts.

Anecdotally I have seen vastly more people unhappy with the wait as well as that they feel they somehow got taken for their money because the game has been on sale before it's "finished". At this point with all that data out there and their typical behavior clearly outlined, I don't see how you could argue that it's smart to buy at launch.

blackw0lf

Lead writer of Wolf Among Us left Telltale, co-founded Night School (Oxenfree). Two of the senior directors of Wolf Among Us joined Ubisoft

I'm curious if that loss will impact the quality of the sequel. The writing was one of Wolf's biggest strengths

Wasn't Lead Writer of TWAU Pierre Shorette? He also worked on TFTB

Actually I just saw that Pierre Shorette is now at Ubisoft

GavinUK86

Batman was really solid. I was very surprised.

I haven't played Michonne of the latest Walking Dead either. I was going to do Guardians next once the final ep drops.

Glad to hear about the Batman follow-up. I wanted more when it was done.

Oh shit I totally forgot about Guardians of the Galaxy. Only played the first episode of that too. Guess I have a lot of Telltale to catch up on.

TI82

Banned
I wonder where wolf 2 will take place in the storyline. I'm about halfway through the comicbook and the first season is a prequel to the released comics.

Lead writer of Wolf Among Us left Telltale, co-founded Night School (Oxenfree). Two of the senior directors of Wolf Among Us joined Ubisoft

I'm curious if that loss will impact the quality of the sequel. The writing was one of Wolf's biggest strengths

looks like my gut cynicism wasn't unfounded

gross

Looking at the press releases, is Wolf Among Us coming to Switch? It says 'all major consoles' instead of just saying PS4/One like the other two do.

Anung

Un Rama

Thought as much. I'm not getting my hopes up. I imagine we'll get a quality drop similar to Walking Dead season 1 and 2. The writers moving on really hurt that series.

Budi

Excellent!! I was losing hope on Wolf already. Worried about Clem in the last season, but can't wait to see how it all ends. Ready to give Batman another chance, there was stuff that I liked in the first season.

OmegaX

So that's why Oxenfree felt like a 2D Telltale game. I liked it a lot so I guess I should play TWAU. I also recently started reading Fables, and it's awesome.

Thought as much. I'm not getting my hopes up. I imagine we'll get a quality drop similar to Walking Dead season 1 and 2. The writers moving on really hurt that series.

You never know, writers could be worse or they could be better. S2 has a great base to work from and improve on. TWD S1 was always going to be hell to follow up. Never know unless you give the writers a chance.

Amazing announcements, i have goosebumps but one thing.

PLEASE Telltale PLEASE stop this Season Pass Disc bullshit, i still haven't played Season 3 of Walking Dead nor Batman because i want to own them on Disc and they just don't release them and only put the first or the first 2 episodes on a disc which is absolute bullshit. I hate that.

Release them on disc for PS4 and i will buy your games again. Just like i did with WD1 & 2, Wolf Among us and TftB, which i bought twice for PC and console but since they started this Season Pass disc crap, none.

Wazzy

Banned
YESSSSSS TWAU season 2 I've been waiting for! It's the only Telltale game I'm interested in since they ruined TWD.

Hubble

Amazing. So excited for TWAU!! Definitely one of the best TellTale games. Will be sure to support it with a season pass purchase right away.

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
I simply can't bring myself to buy these games because they give them away at some point.

I've received literally every telltale game except the batman one free at this point.

Borderlands
Wolf Among Us
Back to the Future
Walking Dead S1 and 2
Game of a Thrones

Got them all free via Plus or GwG

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Looking forward to the final season of TWD. Hopefully most of it is determinant based on what the user wants to end Clem's story, if she survives, if she dies, if she ends up with someone or not, whether she stays with AJ or not

Since this is the final season, there is no limits on what variables can be implemented

I was so happy until I sort of remembered Telltale hasn't been the best as of late. Let's just hope they treat The Wold Among Us Season 2 with at least half as much care as they did with the first season. Small victories I suppose.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
All must buys for me, I really wasn't expecting The Wolf Among us 2 as it's small potatoes for them now with much bigger IPs available to them.

Top Bottom